Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Events > Out of Area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2012 MINIs In The Mountains 8/2 - 8/5 - Event Date: August/02/12 - August/05/12

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CINIMIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: 2012 MINIs In The Mountains 8/2 - 8/5
    Posted: February/02/12 at 12:09am

MINIs In The Mountains will be held in Winter Park Colorado August 2 thru August 5.

Not much info yet but check their web site for more as it gets updated: http://minisinthemountains.com/

Edited by catlvr2 - April/24/12 at 10:13am
Jack -

<font color=RED>CINIMIN [/COLOR]

2006 CR/W MCS - 6spd - LSD -15% Pulley - Dinan CAI
ASA JH6's Koni FSD's 22mm Bar
Have you hugged a curve today?

Saphire View Drop Down
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Skilled Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saphire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/02/12 at 8:16pm
Thanks Jack,

Donna and I are thinking of doing MITM 2012, will you and Linda be going again?   Les.
CINIMIN View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CINIMIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/02/12 at 9:38pm
We hope to go - it works out well for us to work this in with a visit with my sister and her family in Denver (Highland Ranch) and my family in Boise - PLUS it is a fun get together with lots of fun stuff to do and great people.  Won't be too soon to start planning the adventrue getting there - going to be hard to top last year!
Jack -

johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/03/12 at 1:23am
Winter park is a great place
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

ginainbelltown View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginainbelltown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/24/12 at 4:39pm
This is one I think I'd like to do this year.  Please keep me in the planning loop.

Forget my past; it is my checkered present you need to worry about!

2013 MCS/ Red, White & Checkerboard /CHECKRD
CINIMIN View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CINIMIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/24/12 at 4:56pm
Gena - consider yourself looped...
Jack -

MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginainbelltown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/24/12 at 4:58pm
Jack, is that looped?  Or just plain loopy?LOL

CINIMIN View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CINIMIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/24/12 at 7:30pm
Yes.
Jack -

MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginainbelltown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/11/12 at 11:37am

I just checked their website and it looks like they are up and running with all the info we need and are taking registrations. 

It's-a-MINI! View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer
PSMINI Nonmember

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote It's-a-MINI! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/25/12 at 10:21am
So who from WA is going and when.  We may be going and would like to see some friendly faces.

Bobbe & Pat

2010 JCW Interchange Yellow Convertible, all packages, Nav,lounge leather,rally lights,park control, Xenon,19mm sway bar.

CINIMIN View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CINIMIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/25/12 at 2:22pm
We will be there - and really looking forward to seeing you!  Big smile  Big smile <<<   Friedly Faces -
Jack -

MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginainbelltown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/25/12 at 2:25pm
me too! 

Jack, can we get together and talk about a route?

Gina

WOODSTOCK View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past President)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WOODSTOCK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/18/12 at 6:17pm
Well, try as we might, we aren't going to be able to go this year.  We're both really disappointed but we're caught up in some family issues that just won't allow us to get there.  Jack has to make a trip to Idaho to handle some things with his family and I have some things going on with my family here, so we had to bail.  I'm so sorry that things turned out this way and we hope any of you that are still planning on going will have a wonderful time!

(Gina and Dave:  If either of you are still planning on the trip, let me know and maybe you can pick up our goods.  You would certainly be welcome to use our tickets for the dinner!)
WOODSTOCK: Linda's 2005 LY MCSC with feel good graphics and go fast mods.
CINIMIN: Jack's 2006 Chili Red/White Coupe
KEMO-SABE: Our 2011 Bright White/Blk All4 Countryman
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginainbelltown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/18/12 at 7:17pm
Jack, so sorry you and Linda won't make it.  Dave and I can pick up your registration package and anything you ordered. 

CINIMIN View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CINIMIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/18/12 at 8:54pm
Thanks Gina - Family things just have to take priority and in this case we have to cover two families at the same time.  I will be in the Boise area and I'll have a computer so if you and Dave - and hopefully some ohters - might be winging thru Boise, maybe even staying the night, we can probably work out a get together.  I'll be watching. 
Jack -

MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginainbelltown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/28/12 at 9:01pm
Dave and I  had a great drive today through some of the territory you guys covered last year.  We're all ensconced for the night at Reflections B & B in Idaho.  Time to chill a little.

Dave's not here View Drop Down
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave's not here Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/29/12 at 8:32pm
We've made it to Gardiner, MT, just north of Yellowstone which we will hit tomorrow.  Had another good drive today although we got held up in construction work and then had to go easy in the freshly oiled and rocked twisties up to Lolo pass.  The other construction delays were just slow downs and didn't really affect us timewise.  And just like last year's run, we ran into a thunderstorm but most of the rain fell away from us.  Our earlier rain dump actually helped clean off the hundreds of dead grasshoppers that were coated on the front of our cars but the rain nicely washed most of them off.  There have been three elk making themselves at home across the street from our hotel and they just eat grass and let people take their pictures.  Hopefully, we'll see more wildlife tomorrow.
5 race wins, 2 in the rain. 2nd in ICSCC G Production Championship 2005 and 2006. Now I'm just gonna drive the MINI.
CINIMIN View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CINIMIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/29/12 at 9:19pm
Dave and Gina - Nice getting the trip reports -  wish we could have done the trip again last year but it just wasn't to be.  It has been right at 100 every day here in Boise - and I'm not getting used to it!  Heading for home on Tuesday!  Hope you are getting some good pictures along the way and that MITM is as much fun as it has been the last couple of years.
Jack -

catlvr2 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past Comm Officer)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catlvr2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/29/12 at 10:51pm
Yeah, we drove through some fresh oil spots up to Lolo last week but not too much. Hope you didn't stay at that same crappy hotel in Gardner! Did you see the guy driving a couple horses pulling a wagon on Highway 12 near Orofino?
Leanne

2012 Hot Choc. S; "CATLVR" plates

Gone but not forgotten:
Bad Kitty 2010 hot choc. cabrio
2008 oxy. blue cooper
2005 chili red cooper
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginainbelltown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/30/12 at 5:28pm
Today was Yellowstone!!!  The weather was fabulous and we got to see a lot.  First off, we had a close encounter with a buffalo.   He came walking by rather nonchalantly and just moseyed down the road.

MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginainbelltown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/30/12 at 5:34pm
Then after that we saw a lot of geysers....

PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave's not here Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/30/12 at 5:35pm
WARNING: Objects in the camera lens really are BIGGER than they appear -
5 race wins, 2 in the rain. 2nd in ICSCC G Production Championship 2005 and 2006. Now I'm just gonna drive the MINI.
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginainbelltown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/30/12 at 5:38pm
and of course we can't forget Old Faithful.....

MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginainbelltown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/30/12 at 5:40pm
Then it was on to the Tetons, wow!

MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginainbelltown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/30/12 at 5:46pm
Leeanne, to answer your questions, no, we didn't stay in the Super 8 in Gardiner; we stayed at the Comfort Inn.  We had elk meatloaf for dinner in their pub --- Awesome!  (I also checked out the cute bartender - who is the owner's son and shot many of the trophys on the walls.)  The pub also had some great local beers.  We didn't see the guy with the horsedrawn wagon, sorry.

We are now ensconced in Pinedale, WY -- a cute little wide spot in the road.  We're off to dinner -- maybe some local beef tonight.......

catlvr2 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past Comm Officer)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catlvr2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/30/12 at 6:38pm
Sure, it's sunny this year!
Leanne

2012 Hot Choc. S; "CATLVR" plates

Gone but not forgotten:
Bad Kitty 2010 hot choc. cabrio
2008 oxy. blue cooper
2005 chili red cooper
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginainbelltown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/30/12 at 7:48pm
yup, sunny and in the 90's.  We had to break out the sunscreen and ice water.

PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave's not here Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/30/12 at 7:59pm
We not only had our close encounter with the buffalo but further down the road we saw this.  After only seeing a few elk last year we got to see a buffalo herd and the idiots who decided they needed to get up close and personal in front of them.  Still, no bear or moose but a lot of buffalo and this time it was sunny and warm all day long.

WOODSTOCK View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past President)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WOODSTOCK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/31/12 at 9:15am
Beautiful pictures you guys!  Nice that the weather has been good for you this year!  Thanks for 'taking us along for the ride'.
WOODSTOCK: Linda's 2005 LY MCSC with feel good graphics and go fast mods.
CINIMIN: Jack's 2006 Chili Red/White Coupe
KEMO-SABE: Our 2011 Bright White/Blk All4 Countryman
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginainbelltown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/31/12 at 4:54pm
Sorry, no pictures today; it was a long drive from Pinedale to Green River.  The scenery was gorgeous and the twisty roads were great - freshly paved with virtually no traffic.  For those of you contemplating this trip in the future, we would highly recommend you have your lunch stop in Vernal, UT the Quarry Steakhouse and Brewpub (on Vernal Ave - the main drag).   The place is clean and beautifully appointed; the food was excellent and the prices very reasonable.  Besides, how can you argue with a place that has Polygamy Porter (why stop at one?) on tap!

I had one scary moment today.  A car ahead of me had a major wheel emergency and the hubcap came right at me.  I had to make a majorly dangerous swerve to avoid it.  It was a good thing there was very little other traffic on the road or I might have been in major trouble.

We're now safely arrived at Green River and getting ready to go out and find some dinner.  Tomorrow we get to Winter Park.  We'll report back then.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>