Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Events > PSMINI Events and Drives
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 2014 Twists & Turns Rally...Presented by PSMINI
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2014 Twists & Turns Rally...Presented by PSMINI - Event Date: June/28/14

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leogetz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: 2014 Twists & Turns Rally...Presented by PSMINI
    Posted: May/23/14 at 10:04pm

PSMINI presents the 2014 Twists & Turns Rally!

When: Saturday June 28th 2014
8:00 AM Registration with Driver's meeting at 8:30.
Lunch about 12:30 PM or whenever you arrive.
We should finish up around 1:15.

Please fill out the Registration Form and bring it with you. This will help speed-up check-in.

Start: Redmond Ridge QFC 23475 NE Novelty Hill Rd, Redmond

End: Triple X Root Beer & Burgers in Issaquah 98 NE Gilman Blvd Issaquah, WA

Previous Year Info: Twist & Turns 2013

Cost: Nothing to participate. Bring cash for your own lunch at Triple X at the end as they are cash only.

Details: Navigators are required for this one. You will not be able to complete the course without a navigator. Don't forget to print & fill out the Registration Form.

The Twist & Turns Rally is a trivia/gimmick rally where the challenge is in following directions, answering some trivia, and arriving at the destination closest to the pre-determined Rally Master's calculated mileage for the route. Points are awarded for answering the questions and points are deducted for getting off-course. Worried about getting lost? Don't be! We've got you covered as we never leave any MINI behind.

Join the Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club for a fun, but challenging, rally through King and Snohomish counties. Enjoy some great curvy back roads as you twist and turn your way from Redmond to Issaquah via the scenic route. This trivia/gimmick style rally will have you following semi-tricky driving directions and recording your mileage to see who can come closest to the Rally master’s official distance for the course. But, mostly it’s an excuse to enjoy a fun drive down some of the area’s best motoring roads. A couple of checkpoints are included along the route for you to stretch your legs or get a second cup of coffee.

At the end of the rally course, enjoy lunch and a root beer float with your PSMINI friends at the Triple-X Root Beer Drive-In in Issaquah while we tally up the final results & award the winners with prizes.

What to bring:
     - Full tank of gas
     - Cash for lunch (Triple-X does not take credit cards)
     - A pen/pencil (or two) and a clipboard as you'll be writing things down.
     - Umbrella and/or sunscreen (check the weather)
     - GPS is allowed! You can also use your cell phone.
     - Did we mention cell phone? Bring that, you'll really want it if you get lost (you won't get lost).
     - A navigator as navigators are required for this one.

Registration: To save time we ask that you print & fill-out the registration form before arriving to check-in. Registration Form

Rally Masters: A special thank you to Roy and Beth (Roy & Escape Pod) for creating and organizing this unique rally.

See forum post below from the Rally Master regarding improvements for 2014.

As always, use this thread to RSVP, find a navigator, ask questions etc.

Attendees: updated 6/27
Escape Pod (Roy & Beth, Rally Masters)
ipeverywhere (Ryan & Tracey, Volunteers)
leogetz (Volunteer)
shasti212 (Volunteer)
catlvr2
SAMSON
Take Two
Sixate
RDSTER
RoadkillCanary
LiveFromWA
Th3Stig
BurnerS
NAVIGTR & ladyinred
arkaytee
SodaJeff (looking for a navigator)
brat s
Beakerzor
Rob and Terri
Winks

Edited by Roy - June/27/14 at 8:46pm
GREYSEN - '12 Countryman S All4 - Royal Grey w/ Black Roof, Stripes and Trim (no chrome) - Premium, Cold Weather & Sport Pkgs - NM Eng RSe14 Wheels - JCW Exhaust - LED Fog Lights
catlvr2 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past Comm Officer)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catlvr2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/24/14 at 10:43am
Larry & I will be there!
Leanne

2012 Hot Choc. S; "CATLVR" plates

Gone but not forgotten:
Bad Kitty 2010 hot choc. cabrio
2008 oxy. blue cooper
2005 chili red cooper
SAMSON View Drop Down
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Past Secretary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SAMSON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/24/14 at 11:14am
We are in! Missed it last year...
NEBULA - 2016 Countryman S ALL4 Cosmic Blue/Black
SAMSON - 2011 Cooper S - Eclipse Grey/Black (retired)
LOLA CHOLULA - 2010 Cooper - Chili Red/White (retired)

Roy View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/26/14 at 1:24pm
Okay, I'm finally getting around to posting an update on this year's rally.  We got some very positive feedback at last year's event with one participant describing it as "addicting", so we're bringing the rally back again for a third year!

New and Improved for 2014:
  • 15% twistier and turnier!
  • Patent-pending dual leg starting line will get cars out rallying in half the time!
  • 20% shorter, packing in more fun in less time!
  • High-tech computerized scoring delivers final results faster!
  • Free bonus scenery included!
  • Less static cling!

Kidding aside, we have made the rally shorter this year and tightened it up, so that it takes less time, and to keep things on schedule.  I think you'll like the changes.  Hope to see you there!

Roy (formerly Shazoom)
2008 CR/B JCW Cabrio
catlvr2 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past Comm Officer)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catlvr2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/26/14 at 5:48pm
Originally posted by Roy Roy wrote:

Okay, I'm finally getting around to posting an update on this year's rally.  We got some very positive feedback at last year's event with one participant describing it as "addicting", so we're bringing the rally back again for a third year!

New and Improved for 2014:
  • 15% twistier and turnier!
  • Patent-pending dual leg starting line will get cars out rallying in half the time!
  • 20% shorter, packing in more fun in less time!
  • High-tech computerized scoring delivers final results faster!
  • Free bonus scenery included!
  • Less static cling!

Kidding aside, we have made the rally shorter this year and tightened it up, so that it takes less time, and to keep things on schedule.  I think you'll like the changes.  Hope to see you there!

Leanne

2012 Hot Choc. S; "CATLVR" plates

Gone but not forgotten:
Bad Kitty 2010 hot choc. cabrio
2008 oxy. blue cooper
2005 chili red cooper
Take Two View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Take Two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/26/14 at 6:11pm
Sounds like fun..........we will be there!Drive
Sixate View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sixate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/27/14 at 9:54am
Darn, they made it shorter....now I can't participate!

Just kidding....I'm in.  Not sure if the navigator is last year's participant (Colby, my youngest) or Elizabeth.  But either way we are looking to improve on last year's 3rd place.   

Hey Julz, do you want to try to tie for second or should be go for first?

Edited by Sixate - May/27/14 at 9:58am
07 MCSa Laser Blue w/ checkboards everywhere
Transmission 6 speeds...Gas pedal 1 speed....Full Speed Ahead!
RDSTER View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RDSTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/29/14 at 8:57pm
Count me and my navigator in!
Hapa Haole View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past Events Officer)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hapa Haole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/30/14 at 11:38pm
I have to work. Darn!!
Brenda w/LUV2MTR plates- Aug '06 S, Hyper Blue, white top/sport stripes, chrome in/out, all pkgs, English leather, chrono pack, HK stereo, Jan tune, CAI, 15%, H&R coilovers, rear sway bar, control arm
RoadkillCanary View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoadkillCanary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/31/14 at 2:27pm
Just joined the group and excited to check out this event! I've been wanted to do one for years and was happy to see one that's all Minis.
Roy View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/31/14 at 6:30pm
Originally posted by RoadkillCanary RoadkillCanary wrote:

Just joined the group and excited to check out this event! I've been wanted to do one for years and was happy to see one that's all Minis.

Very cool.  Welcome to the club!  We looking forward to meeting you.
Roy (formerly Shazoom)
2008 CR/B JCW Cabrio
LiveFromWA View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiveFromWA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/02/14 at 9:26pm
New to the club, look forward to the first of many Mini rallies. I've been looking for a club that actually has events and fun things to do.

BrianDriveWaveDrive

2013 R56 Cooper S Hardtop
Lightning Blue, White Roof/Stripes

Th3Stig View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Th3Stig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/02/14 at 9:41pm
Stig in, and this year we will remember to count the first landmark!
Mini-less for the time being.

Gone but not forgotten:
'11 CM S All4 Cosmic Blue. 32k
'08 MC 6spd Mellow Yellow. 112k
'09 MCSa Mellow Yellow. 43k
BurnerS View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI President

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BurnerS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/06/14 at 7:55am
ah yes.. I am in
New 2013 Clubby S - JCW Engine tune - JCW Brake Kit - JCW Exhaust - JCW Cold Air Intake - Lowered - Racing Wheels
Roy View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Roy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/14/14 at 9:50pm
Beth and I test drove the rally route today and had a blast. The route and driving directions are looking good, and the rally packets are almost ready for the photocopying.   
Roy (formerly Shazoom)
2008 CR/B JCW Cabrio
NAVIGTR View Drop Down
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NAVIGTR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/16/14 at 8:29am
Sounds like a fun day! Count me and navigator Pam (GOREDGO) in it to win it!  Wink

Edited by NAVIGTR - June/16/14 at 8:47am
NAVIGTR '13 Chili Red HT, Dave Chrisman can be spotted in Everett
LadyinRed View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LadyinRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/19/14 at 4:52am
FYI - GOREDGO is aka ladyinred !
Life Is Good In A Mini

'06 Chili Red S
arkaytee View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arkaytee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/19/14 at 3:21pm
I'm in w/ my navigator, KC :)
RADFORD HARRISON – ’11 Clubman S: wht silver + blk stripes ext; polar beige & brushed steel int; HK sound; NM Engineering strut brace; Hotchkiss sport sway bar; O.Z. wave wheels + Potenza RE-11A tires
SodaJeff View Drop Down
PSMINI Moderator
PSMINI Moderator
PSMINI Events Director

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SodaJeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/19/14 at 7:33pm
Mark me down as "Yes" - but I'm likely looking for a Navigator since Shari probably isn't up for driving yet
Jeff & Shari
Olive: Black '12 MINI Coupe'S
JCW Engine Tuning - JCW Airbox - JCW Exhaust - JCW Strut-Tower Brace - Rear Sway Bar - Lighter Wheels & Mich Pilot Sports - Stubby Ant - Interior Bits
Wildfamily View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/20/14 at 7:44am
I believe you can count the Wilds in as long as I get my race car prepped and ready to go in time for racing the following weekend! We should be good though right Anne!?!?
'15 F55 Cooper Volcanic Orange
'80 Mini English White
Roy View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/20/14 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by Wildfamily Wildfamily wrote:

I believe you can count the Wilds in as long as I get my race car prepped and ready to go in time for racing the following weekend! We should be good though right Anne!?!?

Sure hope you can make it.  We miss you guys!
Roy (formerly Shazoom)
2008 CR/B JCW Cabrio
brat s View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brat s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/20/14 at 4:33pm
I'll try to make it there. Im 80% sure that I can
Jetmoe View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jetmoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/23/14 at 12:44pm
Might be at this if I can get my daughter to navigate. Was a member two years ago but then life happened and some things just went by unattended. Will be renewing membership at some point.
Jetmoe View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jetmoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/23/14 at 12:50pm
Even if I dont have a navigator for the ralley part I might drive over to XXX just because and to meet some of the club members. Hubby might be available, depends on the estimated time for being at XXX.
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/23/14 at 1:03pm
Any general idea how long the rallye take? Only reason I ask is that my mom is taking delivery of her new F56 (her first MINI) at Seattle MINI at 1pm and we want to accompany her for the big day! :)
'80 Mini English White
ipeverywhere View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ipeverywhere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/23/14 at 2:47pm
Originally posted by Wildfamily Wildfamily wrote:

Any general idea how long the rallye take? Only reason I ask is that my mom is taking delivery of her new F56 (her first MINI) at Seattle MINI at 1pm and we want to accompany her for the big day! :)

It's totally a secret! I PM'd you though.

leogetz View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leogetz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/23/14 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by SodaJeff SodaJeff wrote:

Mark me down as "Yes" - but I'm likely looking for a Navigator since Shari probably isn't up for driving yet

Originally posted by Jetmoe Jetmoe wrote:

Even if I dont have a navigator for the ralley part I might drive over to XXX just because and to meet some of the club members. Hubby might be available, depends on the estimated time for being at XXX.

I hear Dave aka NAVIGTR is looking for someone to pair up with too...maybe you guys can connect and work something out.
GREYSEN - '12 Countryman S All4 - Royal Grey w/ Black Roof, Stripes and Trim (no chrome) - Premium, Cold Weather & Sport Pkgs - NM Eng RSe14 Wheels - JCW Exhaust - LED Fog Lights
Beakerzor View Drop Down
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beakerzor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/26/14 at 10:05am
My wife and I are planning to come.

About how many miles is the rally itself?

ipeverywhere View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ipeverywhere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/26/14 at 10:54am
Originally posted by Beakerzor Beakerzor wrote:

My wife and I are planning to come.

About how many miles is the rally itself?

Because this is a trivia type rally those details are part of the fun and not revealed until you receive the instructions at the start of the Rally. All teams should have arrived at the end in time for lunch.

PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/26/14 at 12:00pm
As much as I'd love to do this we are going to have to bow out. We have to be somewhere at 1pm and I have much racecar work to finish up prior to that. Have fun though!
'80 Mini English White
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>