Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Membership - New Member Introductions > Let Me Introduce Myself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Another Newbie

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hooligan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Another Newbie
    Posted: August/23/14 at 10:35am
Hi everyone! I am a new member to the club, but not to ownership of LBCs (Little British Cars). I actually own the payment book for a red 2014 MINI Countryman, though I have only gotten to drive the car once. (From Seattle to Houston - so it was a nice drive). My son Jake is the pilot extraordinaire for the 2014 MINI - he is a Masters Student in Performance Cello at the Shepherd School of Music at Rice University. I am stuck here with "Brutus" the 1967 Mini Traveller, aka the "work truck" for the Western Washington All British Field Meet, of which I am the chief cook and bottle washer. I got started in LBCs back in 1971 as a High School student with a 1970 MGB, and have owned just about every species of LBC (dead or alive) since. My wife Amy and I live in Lake Forest Park, and our fleet also includes a couple of MGs in addition to the Mini & MINI (and Toyotas for a pair...). I was eager to join PSMINI because of the great enthusiasts that I have met through my affliction, er um, affection for the ABFM. I look forward to figuring out what to drive so that I won't be too embarrassed when joining the PSMINI folks on some drives...

Steve

BTW: My long-time nickname "Hooligan" is well earned and very well deserved...

Sixate View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sixate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/24/14 at 4:08pm
Welcome to the club...there are a whole bunch of "hooligans" here as well!
07 MCSa Laser Blue w/ checkboards everywhere
Transmission 6 speeds...Gas pedal 1 speed....Full Speed Ahead!
 Post Reply Post Reply