FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedBig O Tires

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Big O Tires
    Posted: January/21/06 at 7:53am
For the last week, every other day, the flat tire monitor has been going off in my MINI and I've had one tire that was low on air.  Today, after my kids swim practice, I went into Big O tires in Issaquah to get my tire looked at.

The were really quick (although they said that the run flats posed some challenge to get back on the wheel) and didn't charge me a thing to reapir it.

I was quite impressed by that.  If that is Big O's practice, I wasn't aware of it.  I don't think that my tires were purchased at Big O (I went through the paperwork I got from the previous owner).  I expected to pay something, like $10.  But free!! 

They made a Big O customer out of me.
2002 MCS Silver and Black, bonnet and boot stripes, auxillary guages, seat heater, JCW intake, 15% pulley, drilled rotors, ICE>LINK PLUS
RevKibosh View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer
PSMINI Nonmember

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/21/06 at 8:46am
if they made a customer out of you then it was worth their time. 

I usually go to Les Schwab because that is what I grew up knowing.  They will do the same thing.  I got a flat in one of my snow tires that I bought from Tire Rack and they fixed it for free even though they didn't carry that brand.
2004 BRG MCS - Gone

--Grant and Kylee
pedlcar View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/25/06 at 6:26pm

Looks like Big O and Les Schwab practice good old fashioned Public Relations.  Something almost lost in this world we now live in.

I became a Les Schwab customer years ago when we lived in Normandy Park. We now have s LS in Gig Harbor.

Milo & Monnie, 05 Liquid Yellow/Black Stripes MCS Convertible, License Plates (PEDLCAR)
miniwayne View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/27/06 at 12:47am
Now we need to find out if Discount Tire does the same. I hope not to have a flat to have to find out though.
Driving in Europe is more fun!
mikesminirox View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/27/06 at 8:06am

I took one of my run flats to another tire shop it had a screw in it.(Goodyear)because Les Schawb was closed. They scratched my rim broke my valve stem and charged me 25.00, the tire after that always had a slow leak (found out later they ripped the bead). Took it to Les Schawb they fixed it. They told me the bead had been ripped and the chunk of rubber was causing the leak, (guess who?)They fixed it at no charge.

Mike

When in doubt power out.
15%pully,RMW tune/cam/
450inj,HFheadw/lrg ex valves CAI,HFcat,short shft,LSD,22mm rsway,Painted boot,bon stripes,Tinted,chrome accents 03 MCS CR/W
 Post Reply Post Reply