Forum Home Forum Home > Autocross and Racing > Performance Driving/Track Days
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

BMW CCC BIG thumbs Up!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ipeverywhere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BMW CCC BIG thumbs Up!
    Posted: April/19/12 at 4:26pm
Last Friday I *cough* *cough* took a day away from the office *cough* *cough* and spent that day at SIR, I mean Pacific Raceways. The class was the Car Control Clinic put on by the Pudget Sound BMW Car Club. This is a really well put together class with good instruction and well designed courses to get you and your car beyond the "stable" point. There was plenty of tire squawking, the occasional smell of rubber in the air, and the resetting of cones. It was great fun and I learned a good deal more then I expected. Highly recommended.

Highlight of the day was being a passenger in a R53 at speed around he road course. What a blast!

Next is the high performance driving school.
CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/19/12 at 11:42pm
Glad to hear you had a good time! 
Next time, go over to the other side of the paddock for some high performance driving of your own!

Who was the pilot of the R53? Come out for one of the Turn 2 lapping days or come to Ridge Motorsports Park on one of the Ridge Racing School days for some more passenger ride-alongs! (Those are the two clubs that I know of that permit students to have passengers.)

ipeverywhere View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ipeverywhere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/21/12 at 2:12pm
I feel terrible but I do not remember his name. Yellow mini he said was stock other than tires. Drove the H out of that thing.

The CCC was required before driving on the track so no first time students were allowed over there yet. I think I may want to do The Ridge day long beginner class next.

I did 3 ride-alongs and then could have used a Dramamine. The last run was in a M3 with Recaro seats and 5 point harness. That run had my stomach requesting some time off. :)

Are you still working on a MINI day at the ridge? I should probably get that beginner class out of the way before a mini day happens.
 Post Reply Post Reply