Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Shopping Mall > Group Buys
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DoS CAI Group Buy?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sanderskog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DoS CAI Group Buy?
    Posted: January/31/11 at 1:32pm
I'm contemplating getting a DoS CAI for my car and wanted to gauge the interest of a group buy.  I'm not ready to commit yet but would certainly like to see if there is interest out there.

Essentially we'd be able to get the DoS CAI for $275 ($35 off) if five people commit.  There is also discounted pricing on the accessories and such.

I'd be willing to coordinate if we got enough interest.

Todd

2012 VW Golf Pirate Edition... Aarrr! - JACK

Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… that’s what gets you. – Jeremy Clarkson
LIVESTRONG
SuperCoop View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperCoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/31/11 at 2:10pm
Hmm...I was looking at getting the Craven one, what benefits (for an additional $25) does this have over the Craven unit?
Jason - '05 PS/B Cooper S, most packages, 17%, Brisk silver plugs, IE fixed camber plates & Craven STD's, Powerflex trans/dogbone mount poly inserts, 20mm Whiteline rear sway bar, SprintBooster.
Sanderskog View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sanderskog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/31/11 at 3:01pm
Jason - The DoS CAI is for the 2007+ cars.  I probably should have pointed that out Wink

Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… that’s what gets you. – Jeremy Clarkson
LIVESTRONG
SuperCoop View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperCoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/31/11 at 3:28pm
Oh, ok, nevermind then =)
Jason - '05 PS/B Cooper S, most packages, 17%, Brisk silver plugs, IE fixed camber plates & Craven STD's, Powerflex trans/dogbone mount poly inserts, 20mm Whiteline rear sway bar, SprintBooster.
It's-a-MINI! View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer
PSMINI Nonmember

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote It's-a-MINI! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/31/11 at 5:31pm
It would be good to know the competitor options available if any and any experience from others. 

Bobbe & Pat

2010 JCW Interchange Yellow Convertible, all packages, Nav,lounge leather,rally lights,park control, Xenon,19mm sway bar.

Sanderskog View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sanderskog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/31/11 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by It's-a-MINI! It's-a-MINI! wrote:

It would be good to know the competitor options available if any and any experience from others. 

The intakes I've considered are the NM, DoS, amd the DDM.

The NM essentially pulls the air from the engine compartment much like the Alta and a number of others.  The issue I see with it is heat soak.  It is a gorgeous intake though and sounds amazing.  It's VERY expensive though.

DDM intake attempts to use the scoop on the front of the 07+ cars pulling cold air through it and the stock intakes.  From what I've read it's a good intake however a number of people have sold it to go to the NM or the DoS.  The challenge I see is the scoop needs to be drilled/routed out to be functional and the area in which the air gets to the motor passes over the turbo and engine which would increase the temp.

The DoS intake utilizes the stock intake tubes as well as a whole cut into the cowl which pulls cold air from the cowl as well.  The cowl piece can be ordered with the intake and you can swap it or you can cut your cowl.  I'd likely buy the replacement cowl and keep my stock one intact.  The DoS intake seems to be the only intake actually pulling cold air in.

All of this is based of reading.  The only intake I've seen and heard is the NM.

Todd

Edited by Sanderskog - January/31/11 at 7:02pm

LIVESTRONG
 Post Reply Post Reply