Forum Home Forum Home > Events > You Create It and Name It
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"I've been to the Edge" Part 2 - Event Date: April/26/14 - April/27/14

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garumph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: "I've been to the Edge" Part 2
    Posted: November/06/13 at 7:42am
We are announcing our Edgefield drive for 2014. Join us on the weekend of April 26/27 2014 for a weekend at McMemamins Edgefield Hotel in Troutdale OR. Last years run is Here

We are announcing this early because it is difficult to get a room at the Edgefield on a Saturday so if you think you might want to attend, make reservations now! They do not charge your card and you can cancel with no penalty up to 48 hours before you arrive. So it costs nothing to reserve your place. It can be done on-line at the link above or call 800-669-8610

The hotel is a fun and funky place. With several eating and drinking establishments on site, golf, spa, movie theater... Most rooms have bathrooms down the hall, but trust us, it works fine. We will have a fun drive down on Saturday, enjoy Edgefield, then motor back Sunday afternoon.

Who is in?

Edited by ipeverywhere - March/18/14 at 12:26pm
MiniCharley View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MiniCharley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/06/13 at 11:45am
COUNT US IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   
Our family:
12 R60 All4 SB/Blk WILDBLUE
12 R59 JCW Roaster PB/RED APOLLO

04 IB/W MCS CHARLEY
12 All4 CB/Bk YONDER
12 CoupeS LB/Bk DBCOUPE
80 Mini Kensington Red STELLA
Sixate View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sixate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/06/13 at 4:27pm
Elizabeth and Bryan say "Oh hell yes!"  Reservations will be made tonight.  Now I need to send Brady Goss a message and see if he will be playing there again.

07 MCSa Laser Blue w/ checkboards everywhere
Transmission 6 speeds...Gas pedal 1 speed....Full Speed Ahead!
MINIMNT View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MINIMNT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/15/13 at 10:44pm
Aw heck yeah!  Not pregnant this year!  Wahoo!   How early is too early to arrange for babysitting?

Stacie
2003 Silk Green Girly MINI - married to Napoleon II (valvashon)
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MiniCharley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/16/13 at 7:22pm
Yay, Stacie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sooooo glad you guys are joining us this year!!

Elizabeth and Bryan... Well, all I can say is bring some quarters.... :)
Our family:

04 IB/W MCS CHARLEY
12 All4 CB/Bk YONDER
12 CoupeS LB/Bk DBCOUPE
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MiniCharley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/12/14 at 2:11pm
Bump! This will be here before you know it!! We have 10 rooms reserved, so if you want to go and still need a room, PM either myself or Garumph so we can put your name on one!

We had a great time last year and are looking forward to an even better time this year!
Our family:

04 IB/W MCS CHARLEY
12 All4 CB/Bk YONDER
12 CoupeS LB/Bk DBCOUPE
TWIZZLR View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert
PSMINI Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TWIZZLR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/18/14 at 11:30am

As per yesterday's mall encounter with MINICharly, count us in.

Karin

Karin & Karen

11 JCW Midnight Blk Roof Caps All pkgs, Aero
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MiniCharley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/28/14 at 12:16pm
We are doing a pre run this weekend... looking for some good new roads to take us to the Edge!!   We are getting close to being out of rooms that we have booked. If you are thinking of going, let us know so we can make sure we have your name attached to one of the last rooms!!!
Our family:

04 IB/W MCS CHARLEY
12 All4 CB/Bk YONDER
12 CoupeS LB/Bk DBCOUPE
Hapa Haole View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past Events Officer)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hapa Haole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/10/14 at 10:29pm
Well darn! I wish I could be in 2 places at once. I guess I'll have to wait for 2015. Ya'll have a marvelous time and put on your thinking caps. Wink
Brenda w/LUV2MTR plates- Aug '06 S, Hyper Blue, white top/sport stripes, chrome in/out, all pkgs, English leather, chrono pack, HK stereo, Jan tune, CAI, 15%, H&R coilovers, rear sway bar, control arm
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MiniCharley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/11/14 at 10:13am
Here is who I have going so far... The first group we are holding rooms for... The second, have their own rooms booked. :)   I can't wait!!

1.     Baldwin
2.     Prince
3.     Karen/Karin
4.     Julz Mni
5.     Les/Donna
6.     Brian Slominski
7.     Brian Slominski
8.     Brian Slominski – tentative
9.     Ryan/Tracey
10.    OPEN
11.    OPEN
Has their own Room:

Brian/Elizabeth
Bruce and Stacie

Edited by MiniCharley - March/20/14 at 7:28am
Our family:

04 IB/W MCS CHARLEY
12 All4 CB/Bk YONDER
12 CoupeS LB/Bk DBCOUPE
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MiniCharley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/11/14 at 10:21am
I just called and was able to secure one more room at the hotel, so if you haven't signed up and want in on a GREAT weekend adventure... just let us know!
Our family:

04 IB/W MCS CHARLEY
12 All4 CB/Bk YONDER
12 CoupeS LB/Bk DBCOUPE
shasti212 View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Vice President

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shasti212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/19/14 at 12:01pm
Hate to do it guys, but I am going to have to back out of this one now. With the expensive hotel costs for MTTS I really need to save my money for those, especially the McMenamins stop being so pricey :(
R.I.P.: "Zippy"-Hyper Blue Metallic/White 2005 R50."MINI-ME" plates. Side wing decals.

"Luna" - White Silver 2014 Roadster S. "RDSTER" plates.

"Aura" - Space Blue/Silver 2006 Cooper S.
Austinsynthetics View Drop Down
PSMINI Sponsor
PSMINI Sponsor
Austin Synthetics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Austinsynthetics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/19/14 at 1:46pm
Not that it's the biggest or the best, but I live about 20 minutes south of SF, and have a couch and as much carpet as you want. So I'm opening my 2 BR 1.5 bath, town house to any of you. My son and I live in a small community (San Carlos) with a great downtown area, that is in walking distance from my place. Though I don't own the garage, there is covered parking next to the police department open 24 hrs.....and can handle any number of cars.
And safe too!!!!

Edited by Austinsynthetics - March/19/14 at 1:50pm
Brett Austin
2012 Cooper S "Red"
Chili Red
http://www.Austinsynthetics.com
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MiniCharley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/20/14 at 7:29am
No problem, Ashley... We will miss you for sure, but completely understand the reasoning!   We will see you on the MTTS event!
Our family:

04 IB/W MCS CHARLEY
12 All4 CB/Bk YONDER
12 CoupeS LB/Bk DBCOUPE
taligator View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taligator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/02/14 at 7:21am
Originally posted by Austinsynthetics Austinsynthetics wrote:

Not that it's the biggest or the best, but I live about 20 minutes south of SF, and have a couch and as much carpet as you want. So I'm opening my 2 BR 1.5 bath, town house to any of you. My son and I live in a small community (San Carlos) with a great downtown area, that is in walking distance from my place. Though I don't own the garage, there is covered parking next to the police department open 24 hrs.....and can handle any number of cars.
And safe too!!!!

My original MINI enabler (a.k.a my brother) lives in San Carlos, they own a bakery down on Arroyo called Zest Bakery. :)

'16 F55 Moonwalk Gray / Black -- Pudge
SodaJeff View Drop Down
PSMINI Moderator
PSMINI Moderator
PSMINI Events Director

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SodaJeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/02/14 at 5:40pm
Woo Hoo!  We apparently got the last room (they couldn't find a reserved block or anything related to a car club when I asked).    Can't wait!

Jeff Waibel & Shari Allen
Jeff & Shari
Olive: Black '12 MINI Coupe'S
JCW Engine Tuning - JCW Airbox - JCW Exhaust - JCW Strut-Tower Brace - Rear Sway Bar - Lighter Wheels & Mich Pilot Sports - Stubby Ant - Interior Bits
garumph View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garumph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/14/14 at 4:02pm
So we have done the final test run. I will post more details a few days before the run. We will be meeting at the McDonalds in Dupont at 8:00 on Saturday morning. The run will take us down I-5 for a bit then we move off to some back roads and cross the river in Longview. We have found a very nice road and we recommend that any passengers that are prone to car sickness take precautions. Smile

Lunch will be at Cornellius Roadhouse and we will roll in to Edgefield early afternoon. We are planning on making reservations in waves, similar to last year, at the Black Rabbit Restaurant. 

For everyone that is using one of the reservations made my me or Minicharley, we will be sending you the confirmation number so you can transfer the reservation to your name and credit card.

Looking forward to a fun trip. 
Gordon
Clifford, '14 Countryman All4 S
Hunka Burning Love, '12 Coupe S, Burnt Orange
Flames, '05 MC Black
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MiniCharley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/20/14 at 5:20pm
Hi All!!

Really looking forward to seeing everyone on Saturday for this run! Gordon or I have sent everyone room confirmation numbers that we had on the list. If you think we missed you, please PM me and I will check our list.

Currently I still have one room available if there is someone who wants to jump in at this point! It's shaping up to be a blast of a weekend, full of MINIs and FRIENDS! I can't wait!

See everyone on Saturday morning!!
Belinda
Our family:

04 IB/W MCS CHARLEY
12 All4 CB/Bk YONDER
12 CoupeS LB/Bk DBCOUPE
MINIMNT View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MINIMNT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/22/14 at 12:14am
We can't make it this year after all.  Hazel is not doing well with a few hours of babysitting, so a weekend is out.  We are really sorry to miss this. 

Stacie and Bruce
2003 Silk Green Girly MINI - married to Napoleon II (valvashon)
Sixate View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sixate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/22/14 at 7:16am
Just leave her home with Elliot. Everything will be fine!
TWIZZLR View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert
PSMINI Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TWIZZLR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/23/14 at 11:43am

Hi All

I am very sorry to say that we will not be able to attend this weekend. Bruce and Stacie are dealing with the youngest end of the family, we are dealing with the oldest end of the family. We need to relocate Karen's mom into different care housing ASAP.

And no Sixate, we cannot leave her with Elliot. LOL 

We wanted to know if anybody needed our reservation at Edgefield before we cancel it.

We were so looking forward to some down time with friends but life doesn't always cooperate with "plans". Take some pics and lift a pint of Black Rabbit for us. I think I may send a growler with Donna and Les for take out.Emoticons

Karin & Karen

11 JCW Midnight Blk Roof Caps All pkgs, Aero
taligator View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taligator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/23/14 at 12:23pm
Oh no! Karin and Karen, I was so looking forward to seeing you guys. It's been way too long. We'll have to catch up at another point.

'16 F55 Moonwalk Gray / Black -- Pudge
ipeverywhere View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ipeverywhere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/23/14 at 1:41pm
On Sunday morning, leaving Edgefield at 9:30 promptly, Tracey and I will be making a straight-shot GPS routed drive to Seattle MINI for the Bulldog Haven NW event. We'll have lunch at Seattle MINI when we get there, get some bullie kisses, see the F56, take some pictures, etc. Nothing like waking up at one event and finishing your day at another!

We'd love to have as many of you join us as possible. We'll line-up in the parking lot below hotel check-in starting at 9:20. You can find us in the Black Rabbit restaurant before that having a bite before the drive. We'll make one stop at the Scatter Creek Rest Area which is about our halfway point north. Sea you there!
Sixate View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sixate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/24/14 at 9:47am
Confirmation/Reminder email came today from McMenamins....can we leave now?
JulzMni View Drop Down
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Driving Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JulzMni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/24/14 at 5:42pm
I know that I saw the itinerary somewhere but an unable to locate it now. Where ando at what time are we meeting on Saturday morning?
Julie Sterling
Stanwood, WA
2013 Roadster "Ruby"

https://www.facebook.com/julz.mni
garumph View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garumph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/25/14 at 7:37am
So for everyone going on this drive the meet up is tomorrow at 8:00 at the McDonalds in Dupont. Take exit 118 Center Drive, turn right going West into Dupont and the McDonalds will be on your right. There is a Chevron just past the McDonalds, next to Starbucks for anyone who needs to top off before we roll. 

8:15 will be drivers meeting and roll out at 8:30.
Gordon
Clifford, '14 Countryman All4 S
Hunka Burning Love, '12 Coupe S, Burnt Orange
Flames, '05 MC Black
EzzysMini View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EzzysMini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/07/14 at 9:58am
Kelly and I had a great time, thanks for having us!  Because I was driving I didn't get many pics. The group shot below you've seen many times but maybe this is a better shot of you (who knows).

It's all Ryan & Tracey's fault!
 Post Reply Post Reply