Forum Home Forum Home > Events > You Create It and Name It
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Feb 7th Farm Kitchen Breakfast and Drive

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/14/15 at 8:18am
Who are you calling Old Beth!?!?!?  Big smile
'15 F55 Cooper Volcanic Orange
'80 Mini English White
SodaJeff View Drop Down
PSMINI Moderator
PSMINI Moderator
PSMINI Events Director

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SodaJeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/26/15 at 1:26pm
Shari and love that area!
Yes, we're definitely in!
Jeff & Shari
Olive: Black '12 MINI Coupe'S
JCW Engine Tuning - JCW Airbox - JCW Exhaust - JCW Strut-Tower Brace - Rear Sway Bar - Lighter Wheels & Mich Pilot Sports - Stubby Ant - Interior Bits
HotChocolate View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HotChocolate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/26/15 at 3:35pm
Add 2 more to the list please.
THEO: 2011 S Convertible Hot Chocolate
minit View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/26/15 at 5:41pm
Oh I want to come.  I am hoping my little Minit will cooperate.  I am having starting issues, need to have it diagnosed this thursday. Always somethingSmile  How late can I let ya know?  I want to come to my first event!  WWAAAAA!  LOL
Tina 06 convertible cooperS "minit"
Escape Pod View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Escape Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/26/15 at 6:22pm
Minit, sorry you're having starting issues, hopefully they'll get you straightened out (or into a loaner?)  We'll put you down as a "tentative", no need to let us know for sure if you're coming.    Keep an eye out on this thread in case a group decides to meet up somewhere around the Narrows Bridge to drive up to Farm Kitchen together).  We'll be leading the group coming over on the ferry.
Roy & Beth Morey
Red/Blk JCW Roadster (His)
Silver/Red JCW Coupe (Hers)
MiniCrazy09 View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MiniCrazy09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/26/15 at 7:07pm
My side of the water!!!  I'll meet you guys at the farm kitchen :)

Can't wait!!!
My (Becky) Mini: Bert 2009 Mellow Yellow Mini Cooper S Plate: "MINION"
Hibiscus View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hibiscus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/27/15 at 11:05pm
Hi Beth, just got approval from work for the day off...I'll be joining you and will bring along a friend, so 2 adults. I'm new to all this as I just bought my mini on the 23rd and joined the group on the 25th. Looking forward to this event and meeting everyone.

Kathy
SuperCoop View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperCoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/28/15 at 6:52am
My first PSMINI event in a long time, I'm in!!! (+1)
Jason - '05 PS/B Cooper S, most packages, 17%, Brisk silver plugs, IE fixed camber plates & Craven STD's, Powerflex trans/dogbone mount poly inserts, 20mm Whiteline rear sway bar, SprintBooster.
tterbo View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tterbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/30/15 at 11:45am

I am in with 2 passengers..

Go Seahawks !
minit View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/30/15 at 10:14pm
OK, the car never failed for them, so I get it back and hope not to get stranded.  I'm in!  lol  If anyone is going via WA 16 I would love to meet up.  I'm coming from Auburn.  Love ferry rides, but think I'll do it the other way this time.
I'm pretty excited to meet all of you and get my feet wet in this Mini adventure Drive
Everyone have a great weekend--- GO HAWKS!
See you soon!
tterbo View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tterbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/01/15 at 9:53am
Is anyone doing the Seattle to Bainbridge? What time?

Take Two View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Take Two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/02/15 at 9:18pm
Do you have room for two more for Saturday?
Smilingirishlass View Drop Down
PSMINI Moderator
PSMINI Moderator
PSMINI Secretary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smilingirishlass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/03/15 at 5:54am
I'm wondering if there is usually a "line" or problem getting onto the 9:50 sailing on a Saturday morning?
Do we all want to try and arrive as a group so we all get on? Just wondering.
Maureen
TWIZZLR View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert
PSMINI Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TWIZZLR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/03/15 at 10:36am

Count us in

Seating for 2 more!!

Karin

Karin & Karen

11 JCW Midnight Blk Roof Caps All pkgs, Aero
Sixate View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sixate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/03/15 at 2:30pm
I will be two as well...a crazy friend from Poulsbo will be joining me for breakfast, but not the drive.
07 MCSa Laser Blue w/ checkboards everywhere
Transmission 6 speeds...Gas pedal 1 speed....Full Speed Ahead!
Dave's not here View Drop Down
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave's not here Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/03/15 at 6:55pm
Looks like we have 4 maybe 5 cars from the south heading to the breakfast.  Where could we meet up to caravan?  CaraMINI?  NW MINI? Somewhere easy to find? 
5 race wins, 2 in the rain. 2nd in ICSCC G Production Championship 2005 and 2006. Now I'm just gonna drive the MINI.
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Escape Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/03/15 at 7:50pm
We did two test runs in January, and as far as we could tell, everyone in line made it onto the 9:40 ferry from Edmonds to Kingston, though we arrived by 9 or 9:10 to be safe.  It seems like trying to gather up outside the ferry terminal entrance would just slow down the process of paying fares, and I'm not sure how it would help with ensuring nobody misses the boat, but I'm not a regular on the ferries, perhaps I'm missing something?
Roy & Beth Morey
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Escape Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/03/15 at 8:04pm
Yes, we have room for more!  I've updated the first post to list the attendees I know about, and I've sent a heads-up to Farm Kitchen since we're such a large group.  They don't take reservations, but the setup is very casual, and we'll all grab seats wherever we can.

We're so looking forward to this event, it looks like we're going to have a great turnout! 

I'll be posting the drive directions in the next couple of days, so keep an eye out for that so you can print off a copy to bring with you.  If you have radios, bring those as well.  If you're coming over on a ferry, please don't wait until five minutes before the sailing to arrive at the terminal, we'd hate to leave you behind!  Worst case scenario, you'll catch the next sailing and meet us at Farm Kitchen, a little late for breakfast, but in time to buy a breakfast pastry and join us for the drive.
  Drive

Edited by Escape Pod - February/03/15 at 8:09pm
Roy & Beth Morey
Wildfamily View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/04/15 at 8:54am
Looking forward to this Beth and Roy. Thanks for planning this fun day! Assuming there will be a meetup point when we get off the ferry on the other side of the sound so we can all motor to the Farm Kitchen together?
'15 F55 Cooper Volcanic Orange
'80 Mini English White
Nice2BeHere View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nice2BeHere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/04/15 at 1:10pm
Haven't seen any of that area yet, so count me in!  
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Escape Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/04/15 at 1:46pm

Originally posted by Wildfamily Wildfamily wrote:

Looking forward to this Beth and Roy. Thanks for planning this fun day! Assuming there will be a meetup point when we get off the ferry on the other side of the sound so we can all motor to the Farm Kitchen together?

We tried that last time we did this event, but just ended up split up again due to multiple traffic lights. 

It's basically a straight shot from the ferry terminal in Kingston until the left turn onto NE Minder Rd.  The only trick is to make sure you don't miss the turn, it's the FIRST LEFT after the traffic light where WA-104 forks off toward Port Gamble / Port Townsend.  Be careful if you're following your NAV instructions, some of them will instruct you to take the second left (Port Gamble Rd NE), but you can't turn left there!

These directions will be included in the driving details we'll post later tonight or tomorrow.

Edited by Escape Pod - February/04/15 at 2:26pm
Roy & Beth Morey
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Escape Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/04/15 at 8:32pm
If you're joining us on Saturday, please review the first post in this thread.  Directions have been added for those coming from the Kingston Ferry (we'll sail together, but you should plan on making your own way to Farm Kitchen from the ferry, it's a short trip).  Route instructions for the post-breakfast drive have been posted as well, see the link to the pdf file.  Please print a copy to bring with you!

Farm Kitchen is expecting us, and there will be several large tables throughout their space that will seat 12-14 people each, so we'll have to find seats wherever we can when we arrive.
Roy & Beth Morey
minit View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/04/15 at 11:42pm
I know NW mini.  That sounds fine to me. But I can be anywhere I'm told Smile
minit View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/15 at 1:33pm
OK, I will be bringing a friend along, so now I am +1. Looks like a great turnout for my first event Smile
Sixate View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sixate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/15 at 2:28pm
Did a Sound Sound starting point and time get established?  Or am I going to cross the bridge last and pass all the rest of you on the way there?

Google Maps says it is 56 miles/65 minutes from NW Mini to Farm Kitchen and freeway all the way until the last 5 1/2 miles.  We could meet at 8 (because then everyone will arrive at 8:15), roll by 8:30 and be there just ahead of the "boat people?"
Dave's not here View Drop Down
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave's not here Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/15 at 6:44pm
Sounds like a plan, NW MINI at 8. 
5 race wins, 2 in the rain. 2nd in ICSCC G Production Championship 2005 and 2006. Now I'm just gonna drive the MINI.
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Escape Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/15 at 7:37pm
Umm... The boat people are catching the ferry at 9:40, which puts us at farm kitchen around 10:30 or 10:45. If you leave NWMini at 8:30 you'll be WAY ahead of us, unless you're planning to motor up to Edmonds to join us on the ferry?
Roy & Beth Morey
Peabody View Drop Down
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Skilled Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peabody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/15 at 8:18pm

We drove up to Farm Kitchen from Gig Harbor last month.  We left about 9:15 and it took just under an hour.  We waited about 20 minutes there to meet Beth and Roy.  With a caravan add about another 10 minutes driving time. 

We had planned to leave Gig Harbor about 9:30.  If the caravan from NW MINI is coming across the Narrows Bridge about that time we would like to hook up.  If anyone wants to wait with us and leave about 9:30 from Gig Harbor a good place to meet is the (unused) Weigh Station which is 1.3 miles after crossing the Bridge on northbound SR 16.  We'll get to the Weigh Station about 9:15 and plan to depart at 9:30.  If someone from the NW MINI caravan could call me (253-219-7720) just before you hit the bridge our car(s) will join you as you pass the Weigh Station 

John & Mavourneen
2008 MCS Cabrio - BRG - 15%pulley - Dinan CAI - H&R rear sway bar - Screamin Demon coil - Craven strut tower defenders - Multivex mirrors
Sixate View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sixate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/15 at 8:20pm
Oh, I'm glad you pointed that out. No, we weren't planning on hitting Edmonds first.

We will meet at 9 AM at Northwest Mini and leave by 9:30. That will put us there at the same time as you. Much better than hanging out in the parking lot for an hour.
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Escape Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/15 at 8:38pm
Well, they do usually have samples of their baked goods to keep folks in line happy, but it still would have been a long wait in the rain!   
Roy & Beth Morey
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>