Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Discussions > Tires and Wheels
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tires All4s 2014 17" rims

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingkong878 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tires All4s 2014 17" rims
    Posted: January/30/15 at 6:13pm
Hi all 
Need help I am new buying all season tires. My 2012 OEM Rocks are finally up for replacement. What should I buy?

I am a regular commuter with some long drives 200 miles each week. No need to travel during bad weather. 

CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/31/15 at 3:14pm
Continental DW are a popular choice. 
Wildfamily View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/02/15 at 8:04am
agree. DW or DWS are both great on the countryman. We recently replaced our OEMs with Kumho Ecsta PA31 XL. These are very highly rated by Tire Rack and the price was right.
'15 F55 Cooper Volcanic Orange
'80 Mini English White
kirkules View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirkules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/28/15 at 10:06am
Wildfamily, I want to replace rft's on my wife's 2012 Countryman, 205/55/17. A browser search brought up your comments here from 2012 in which you ask about fitment issues when going to 225/50/17. Can you tell me how the size shift went? Did road noise lessen and did you find the ride not as hard without rft's? Do you like the Kumho Ecsta PA31 XL on your Countryman or might the Continentals be better? After reading dozens of reviews on different tires and noting the range of reviews on any single tire, I wonder how much it has to do with specific tires and size on specific cars. 

Thanks,

Kirk
Wildfamily View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/29/15 at 6:32am
Kirk,

No issues with the fitment. Price dependent I think the Kumho's were a fine tire and couldn't beat the price at the time. I do think the Conti DWS is an overall better all-season tire particularly when there is heavy rain puddling and or snow/ice. They just went right through the rain without any hydroplaning. Both are way better than the runflats and huge improvement on ride quality and noise reduction.
'15 F55 Cooper Volcanic Orange
'80 Mini English White
 Post Reply Post Reply