Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Shopping Mall > MINIs For Sale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WTB: 06-07 Cooper S (convertible?)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PIXEL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WTB: 06-07 Cooper S (convertible?)
    Posted: January/16/17 at 7:27pm
This spring I'll be looking to buy an older Cooper S. I'm looking at 06-07, but other years might work...

I'd like to spend under $10k. I know that's low, but I know somebody out there has my next car, and they're wanting to upgrade to a new model! :D haha!

I'm definitely looking at convertibles, but a good deal on a hardtop would be tempting. (And I might even go over my budget for a roadster...Yeah right, dream on, Fred!)

I don't care much about miles, but I'm picky about maintenance and will want to see service records. Also, I'm pretty flexible on paint color, wheels, and options. Would actually prefer an automatic, as it will be my commuter car some days of the week. 

I have lots of time to research and wait for the right car, as I've got to sell an old Benz first (wife's rules!)

Let me know if you have anything I might be interested in. 

Thank you!
Fred (aka, PIXEL)
onramp View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onramp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/17/17 at 5:50am
Hi Fred:

Jo's 2006 Chili Red S coupe is for sale.  Automatic, Sunroof, Aero Kit, English Panther Black leather, Cold Weather combo, driving lamps with covers, rear fog lampauto-up windows and CHMSL mods, Hella horns, just over 100K.  Lots of extra stuff comes with the car - some Mini specific tools, extra fuel filter, some of the original goofy stuff Mini used to send out, service records, Bentley manual.  Just finished installing new stock struts all the way around.  Jo has never let me modify this car (except for the auto-up and CHMSL mods, and to remove the floppy cupholder).  Oh - the car is ALL red - roof, mirror caps etc.

I don't know what the car is worth - haven't done any research - but I think we'll be in your price range.  Let me know if you want to come look.

Pat - 253-797-3215
2006 Hyper Blue JCW
CINIMIN View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CINIMIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/17/17 at 7:16am
Couple of posts from good guys form the grand old days of PSMIN!  Really nice to see Fred and Pat on the Forum.  I don't do Facebook so I have no idea what is going on with the club - Don't have much time for MINI stuff but we still have CINIMIN and WOODSTOCK and miss the people who made this club so special. 

If Pat's car doesn't work out - and I hope it does, WOODSTOCK (2005 convertible) or CINIMIN (2006 HT) each with around 40k miles might be for sale.  Keep us in mind.
Jack -

<font color=RED>CINIMIN [/COLOR]

2006 CR/W MCS - 6spd - LSD -15% Pulley - Dinan CAI
ASA JH6's Koni FSD's 22mm Bar
Have you hugged a curve today?

valvashon View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valvashon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/21/17 at 7:07pm
Jack-

Sorry to hear that Woodstock or CINIMIN might be for sale.  We miss you guys too.  Joining us for the Tulip Rallye this year or maybe MINIs on the Beach?  Not sure what would be more fun than WOODSTOCK on the beach!

Bruce

...Now mom may drive to the grocery store, But that's not what this car is really for...
PIXEL2.0 View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PIXEL2.0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/25/17 at 10:14pm
I promise if I buy WOODSTOCK or CINIMIN they will be at all the meets! :)
PIXEL2.0 View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PIXEL2.0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/25/17 at 10:14pm
P.s. I am now PIXEL2.0! -Fred Correction: the web guru fixed my account, so I will remain PIXEL! Thanks!

Edited by PIXEL2.0 - January/29/17 at 12:37pm
valvashon View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valvashon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/28/17 at 9:31am
According to a FB post, original PSMINI member ZeldaX (Amy) has passed away and her son is looking to sell her '04 S, which appears to be a Pepper White one in nice shape.

Looking for a price or CL listing.

Bruce

EDIT: Found CL listing:

Nice looking car, nice price.

Edited by valvashon - January/28/17 at 9:34am
...Now mom may drive to the grocery store, But that's not what this car is really for...
PIXEL View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PIXEL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/28/17 at 11:44am
Thanks Bruce! That one looks really nice, but I've kinda got my heart set on a convertible... Maybe if I can't find a conversation. I'll check it out. Thanks! :)

**Also: I got my forum profile fixed thanks to the webmaster! So I will continue with my old account "PIXEL" and delete the other "PIXEL2.0"... FYI... 
Genie B View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genie B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/30/17 at 7:35am
I have to chime in with a big HELLO!  to Jack & Linda, Fred and Bruce!  I have very happy thoughts of each of you and your respective MINIs!

PIXEL, hope you find the right MINI  . . . just wondering, are you no longer into VW's? We still have our 64 Bug, who finally got some TLC when he retired from being a daily commuter.

Cheers to ALL!
Happy 2017!

PIXEL View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PIXEL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/30/17 at 9:11am
Hi, Genie B! So nice to hear from more members of the Old School Crew! :) 

Oh, I'll always be a VW guy deep down! I was driving this around for a while, but that was several cars ago... :D 

I'm looking forward to getting together with MINI people again... I really miss the events and camaraderie!

Keep your fingers crossed for me! Thanks!
Genie B View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genie B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/30/17 at 6:36pm
Hey there!  Very nice VW convertible!  You will find the right MINI and be back on those drives again soon!

Cheers!

PIXEL View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PIXEL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/12/17 at 7:51am
Hey kids! I'm still lookin' for a used MINI, preferably a convertible... 
PIXEL View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PIXEL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/18/17 at 2:26pm
Still lookin'! WifeUnit says she might prefer a clubman, for our dog. Can't say no when her fur baby is in the equation... so expanding my search to convertibles AND clubmans! Gotta be an S, though. And I'd prefer a supercharger, but would settle for a turbo.
 Post Reply Post Reply