Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Discussions > Performance Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RMW TUNE 7/24 & 7/25

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011
Author
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coopselt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/05/09 at 10:22am
I'm headed out to korea for about a month this weekend. When I get back I hope to fiddle some more with my meth kit before doing my tune.
SpyVsSpy View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpyVsSpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/06/09 at 11:36am
With an RMW tune, I think the "Sport" button works like it was intended. When I engage it, gas mileage goes down Disapprove but my car is fun and fastDrive . When I disengage the Sport button and slap on the cruise control, I am back up to 35mpg+  Thumbs%20Up.

My car is more fun then ever.

Thank you Jan Hug
'07 MCS SS | JCW Strut bar | JCW Shift Knob | ALTA 22mm sway bar | ALTA boost tube | ALTA FMIC | ALTA Catback exhaust | BSH Oil Catch Can | Konig Feather 17" | RMW Tune 211 HP/256 TQ
n1tr0 View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n1tr0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/06/09 at 1:51pm
Hey on the subject of your R56 tune, do you have any surging/bucking under part throttle acceleration before you're fully warmed up ? My car's been acting a little funny since the tune, also my boss asked me about flames coming out my exhaust pipe ? 
'08 LiB/B MCS, SS, LSD, Xenon, 16" Rota RB's w/ BFG's, 35% tint, Whalen 8-ball, GMG brake pulsar & plate, Eibach springs, JCW Alacantra wheel, & some performance stuff ;)
johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/06/09 at 2:21pm
Originally posted by n1tr0 n1tr0 wrote:

Hey on the subject of your R56 tune, do you have any surging/bucking under part throttle acceleration before you're fully warmed up ? My car's been acting a little funny since the tune, also my boss asked me about flames coming out my exhaust pipe ? 

Did you drop the cat?
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

n1tr0 View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n1tr0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/06/09 at 2:59pm
only a single high-flow/metallic cat in the downpipe, rest of the exhaust is almost as straight & unobstructed as a pee shooter, so it's entirely possible ..

'08 LiB/B MCS, SS, LSD, Xenon, 16" Rota RB's w/ BFG's, 35% tint, Whalen 8-ball, GMG brake pulsar & plate, Eibach springs, JCW Alacantra wheel, & some performance stuff ;)
johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/06/09 at 4:11pm
Did you email Jan?
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

n1tr0 View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n1tr0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/07/09 at 1:30pm
Looks like my boss has the better poker face, I'd told her I paid extra for the flames, but broke down today & questioned her on it ..
As for the surging, I'll have to break down & hook up my laptop & datalogger to see what's going on.

n1tr0 View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n1tr0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/07/10 at 4:18am
Wanted to give everyone a heads up, the handheld flash tool (so you can go back to stock, or update your tune), is on pre-order from Jan. If you want to get in on the pre-order (low price), get on the list now !!
If you don't have a tune yet, you can buy the flash loader (not shareable/unique to 1 car), but you'll also need to purchase a tune as well.
http://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/drivetrain-cooper-s/182729-official-sign-up-thread-for-flash-tool.html
It's been a long time coming, Jan had the prototype with him at our tuning day this past summer. I'm stoked, he's got the pop & burble of the Challenge/JCW's unlocked now as well Thumbs%20Up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011