Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Shopping Mall > Group Buys
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

EZ Car Lift

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: EZ Car Lift
    Posted: September/21/09 at 12:40am
A new group buy has started at: http://www.gotogroupbuy.com/390/EZCARLIFT.aspx for a slick little mid-rise car lift that is perfect for driveway DIYers.  More information on the lift can be fount here: http://www.ezcarlift.com/.  
One good turn deserves another...and another...

WOODSTOCK View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past President)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WOODSTOCK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/21/09 at 12:55am
That is pretty cool!  Are you getting one?

(Why did you have to find this right before Jack's birthday?......I would have paid you to wait!)
WOODSTOCK: Linda's 2005 LY MCSC with feel good graphics and go fast mods.
CINIMIN: Jack's 2006 Chili Red/White Coupe
KEMO-SABE: Our 2011 Bright White/Blk All4 Countryman
kenru View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/21/09 at 1:19am
Actually I have one on a truck on it's way - as we speak!  I bought adapters so I can use it both on the MINIs and the Mini.  I had been looking at this for some time and have read good reviews from users.  I was able to pick up the last unit from the last group buy.

Edited by kenru - September/21/09 at 1:20am

Rob N View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/21/09 at 2:31am
Hmmmm.   Considering renting out?  That thing is WAY COOL.
Rob, Vickie and Alice

COOPR-S

The question is, "When you turn on your car does it return the favor?"
searocko View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer
PSMINI Nonmember

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote searocko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/21/09 at 2:52am
Ken, with the amount of time my car has been off the ground during track season for tire changes, brake jobs, suspension mods, etc., I've been looking into a portable lift. This looks like the perfect solution as I was seriously considering purchasing a scissor-type lift but the weight and shipping requirements have scared me off. I may have to pull the trigger now!

Which adapters did you end up buying? Will I need adapters for my MINI or did you just have to buy them for your classic?
Larry

2005 JB/W MCS:RMW Tuned 215hp/187tq,cam|TSW x-brace|Cross Coilovers w/Swift Springs|OZ Alleggerita|Direzza|Scorpion Exh|etc.
kenru View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/21/09 at 2:59am
Originally posted by searocko searocko wrote:

Ken, with the amount of time my car has been off the ground during track season for tire changes, brake jobs, suspension mods, etc., I've been looking into a portable lift. This looks like the perfect solution as I was seriously considering purchasing a scissor-type lift but the weight and shipping requirements have scared me off. I may have to pull the trigger now!

Which adapters did you end up buying? Will I need adapters for my MINI or did you just have to buy them for your classic?

The lift comes with one set of adapters (XM64-5062 for the MINI).  I bought a 2nd set (XM52-3850) for the Classic.  I also picked up a set of moving casters so I can roll the Classic around in the shop.  It's supposed to even be small and light enough to haul to the track!

Vader View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/21/09 at 7:17am

Note to Webmaster - can you please block this thread from appearing on Wildfamily's Active Topic List?  LOL

Hit the Road Jack ...
'13 R56 PepperWhite-HIS
'13 R60 All4 Oxford Green - HERS
'80 Rover Mini MkVII-EngWh-OURS (really mine!)
('13 R56 IcedChoc-SONS)
Wildfamily View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/21/09 at 12:33pm
too late!
'15 F55 Cooper Volcanic Orange
'80 Mini English White
Vader View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/21/09 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by Wildfamily Wildfamily wrote:

too late!

Please turn over your credit card, social security number, and all other identification.  That way I can be sure you do not make a purchase that I will regret!
Hit the Road Jack ...
'13 R56 PepperWhite-HIS
('13 R56 IcedChoc-SONS)
BurnerS View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI President

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BurnerS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/22/09 at 12:21am
Martin... we can talk.. pay me back later..  LOL
New 2013 Clubby S - JCW Engine tune - JCW Brake Kit - JCW Exhaust - JCW Cold Air Intake - Lowered - Racing Wheels
Vader View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/22/09 at 2:07am
Originally posted by BurnerS BurnerS wrote:

Martin... we can talk.. pay me back later..  LOL

Bad Man, very bad man!Shocked
Hit the Road Jack ...
'13 R56 PepperWhite-HIS
('13 R56 IcedChoc-SONS)
YakiMini View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YakiMini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/22/09 at 2:28am
Lol.... 2 funny for sure you guys!

Ken, Thanks for sharing the information... It's good to know a product like this is available...
MINI-less... If God allows, I will have one again some day. :D
CosmicTraveler View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CosmicTraveler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/22/09 at 12:06pm
Ken ... You're a most discriminating shopper.  Just when do you expect this unit to be delivered?
   Take It Easy ... Buck

'06 MCS JCW CR/CR
kenru View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/22/09 at 12:34pm
Originally posted by CosmicTraveler CosmicTraveler wrote:

Ken ... You're a most discriminating shopper.  Just when do you expect this unit to be delivered?

I wouldn't be at all surprised if mine was here this week. 

Escape Pod View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Escape Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/28/10 at 5:59pm
Ok, I realize this is an old thread, but there's another group buy up on the EZCarLift:

My understanding is that an earlier group buy succeeded in getting the price down to $1425 shipped.  You don't have to commit to buying, you can just sign up as interested.

Ken, how's yours working out for you? 

Edited by Escape Pod - August/28/10 at 6:00pm
Roy & Beth Morey
Red/Blk JCW Roadster (His)
Silver/Red JCW Coupe (Hers)
kenru View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/29/10 at 8:02am
I love it!  I have been using it quite a bit lately on the big Minis and when I don't need it there, I have the little Mini on it.  It's easy to move from shop to driveway and quick to set up.  The car is nice and secure on it and you can get to about everything underneath the car.  If you do a lot of your own work on your Mini, it sure is handy!

johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/29/10 at 1:50pm
Ken did you get the x spacers for the minis?
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

kenru View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/29/10 at 2:50pm
I bought two sets of cross member.  One for the classic Mini and another set for the MINIs.  I see now that they have added other accessories too.  I am going to have to find out a little more about them.  The drive over kit would be nice...

CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/08/15 at 4:13pm
Old thread revival but I just picked up one of these. I can get a mini on jack stands really fast but got tired of having the car only a few inches from my face. This gets the car really high in the air. The front crossbar interferes with subframe removal. I'm coming up with a workaround for that. (Relocate the crossbar).

Edited by CORNERS - October/31/15 at 6:14pm
racingbmwm3 View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote racingbmwm3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/09/15 at 8:28am
Thanks!  That looks pretty cool, and would actually work with my lower garage height.
'05 Cooper, BRG, Aerokit, Sport Package, 135k
'89 325iX, Diamondblack, 270k
SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/31/15 at 5:59pm
I really like my EZlift.  Interested in seeing what Kurt comes up with for the cross bar removal.

I wish there was a local MINI Dealership, like our Honda, Subaru, Mazada and VW.
CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/31/15 at 6:14pm
I just remove it when it's in the way (after lifting) and put it back when done (before lowering). It's just held on by 4 14mm nuts.
SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/31/15 at 6:39pm
Got it!  Thanks Kurt.

I wish there was a local MINI Dealership, like our Honda, Subaru, Mazada and VW.
 Post Reply Post Reply