Forum Home Forum Home > Autocross and Racing > Autocross Information
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Kitsap Kup 2010 Final Results

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kitsap Kup 2010 Final Results
    Posted: October/14/10 at 9:59am
Just wanted to share that my 2006 MINI Cooper S took 2nd in class for the 2010 Kitsap Kup season which ended last weekend. The season consisted of 1 event each month for the past 8 months. In the closely contested season I finished a close second to a well driven VW Golf. I took 1st at 3 events and the VW took 1st at 3 events. Anyway, wanted to share that our little cars can be quite competetive on the Auto-X course. Big smile

Edited by Wildfamily - October/14/10 at 10:00am
'15 F55 Cooper Volcanic Orange
'80 Mini English White
Genie B View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genie B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/14/10 at 10:43am
ClapClapClapClapClapWooHooBowDown   WAY TO GO!
Dave's not here View Drop Down
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave's not here Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/14/10 at 6:54pm
Way to go Martin.  I bet that was a lot of fun too.  And I do know that MINI's can be quite competitive. 
5 race wins, 2 in the rain. 2nd in ICSCC G Production Championship 2005 and 2006. Now I'm just gonna drive the MINI.
SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/15/10 at 7:23am
Good driving MartinWooHoo.  Next year turn the tables on himSmile

When Kitsap was talking about a NASCAR type of track I was praying that they would see the light and put in a road race track, ALA Nuremberg, Brands Hatch, Willow Springs, Laguna Seca.  In doing that they would have many more days of usage out of the track, meaning more revenue and people would learn to turn both left AND right as well as go up and down.  Way better racing, even bikes would benefit.  Oh well, so much for logic...

Stephen

I wish there was a local MINI Dealership, like our Honda, Subaru, Mazada and VW.
Wildfamily View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/15/10 at 8:26am
Stephen, there is actually a ownership group working to get a track approved in the Shelton area. They have met with the county and the zoning board several times as of late. Check it out here...

'80 Mini English White
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/15/10 at 8:27am
Originally posted by SMOG-1 SMOG-1 wrote:

Good driving MartinWooHoo.  Next year turn the tables on himSmile

Stephen

Will do. I will pull out the big guns. He beat me with R-comp tires..I was on streets.
'80 Mini English White
SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/15/10 at 8:32am
Aaahhh sooo.  Running a marathon in flip flops...

S.

I wish there was a local MINI Dealership, like our Honda, Subaru, Mazada and VW.
CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/15/10 at 11:38am
Congrats! I hope to be out there next year. I actually signed up for my first auto-x on Oct 24(Sanderson Field - will any of you be there?) but the wife might nix it... We shall see. 
motoring View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote motoring Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/18/10 at 8:39am
Yes, I'll be there, but not in the MINI,  I'll be in a silly orange miata...  ;)
Keith
02 IB/W MC with the really big checkered flag on top - GONE
07 MY/B MCS with some sort of stripes or something
SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/28/10 at 7:40am
Originally posted by Wildfamily Wildfamily wrote:

Stephen, there is actually a ownership group working to get a track approved in the Shelton area. They have met with the county and the zoning board several times as of late. Check it out here...

Martin:

MC2 did not know about the Racinmason group so I passed the info on to them.  I hope they research and do a promotional spot for that track effort.  This side of the Sound could use a decent road course!

Stephen

PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/28/10 at 8:13am
Thanks for passing it on Stephen...would be great to add another track in the area. Especially since Bremerton Speedway may be gone before long.
'80 Mini English White
SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/28/10 at 9:47am
M:

Kitsap County/Bainbridge has way to many people who seem to be diametrically opposed.  They either want racing (usually the round tracks stuff) or want to see nothing but trees, to and including planting trees to block their neighbors views!  Political insanityILL.

Possibly Mason County has a better grasp of reality.

S.

Post Reply Post Reply