Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Site Information and Feedback > Archived Forum Topics > NW Harvest MINI v. PORSCHE 2011 Challenge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MINI/PORSCHE CHALLENGE II - Event Date: December/03/11

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/15/11 at 4:24pm
Thanks, Boomer :)

Tip #1 - Don't eat the donuts :)  I totally gave up sugar. I had to as I developed Type 11 diabetes and had an A1C of 14.5. I am now controlling it with diet and exercise - no more medications! :)

Oh, I'll be there to show off and I have to confess that I fit a lot better into my MINI, LOL :))))

Carole
"Little Baby Vroom Vroom!" - Chili Red w/white racing stripes, UK side scuttles, sport seats, cold weather & premium pkgs, auto transmission, Piano Black, Xenon headlights, Bluetooth/USB.
Boomer View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer
PSMINI Nonmember

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boomer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/15/11 at 4:50pm
TOO COOL! CONGRATS!!!!!
Cheers!
07 MCS, JIC Cross C/O, JCW BBK, Milltek exhaust, RR DP, Helix I/C, RMW tune (208.5 WHP & 238.3 WTQ)Ray's (17 lbs) and Nitto NT01 for track duty
Carole View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/15/11 at 5:47pm
FYI, Seattle MINI just sent out an email that also says, "11am" :(

"We will be meeting up with the Porsche Club on Sat. Dec. 3rd, at Overlake Christian Church, 9900 Willows Road NE, Redmond, WA  98052 at 11:00 AM. From there, we jointly caravan to a Northwest Harvest Drop Off at Redmond Town Center where we tally up the goodies and add up all the checks."

Someone needs to coordinate this....what time does the drop off center think we are going to arrive there? Will they be expecting a huge group?

Carole

"Little Baby Vroom Vroom!" - Chili Red w/white racing stripes, UK side scuttles, sport seats, cold weather & premium pkgs, auto transmission, Piano Black, Xenon headlights, Bluetooth/USB.
Boomer View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer
PSMINI Nonmember

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boomer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/15/11 at 6:43pm
Carole, again one of my MAJOR FAUX PAXS!!!

Already fallen on my sword with Seattle Mini and hopefully a clarification will be sent on the time.
There is no one to accept BLAME OTHER THAN ME!

We don't have an estimate of the number of cars, we hope it will be greater than last year. The PCA ads still state 1:00 and Larry and I have been trying to correct this as well.

The plan is for everyone to make their way to Redmond Town Center. Meet up at Overlake Christian Church at NOON. Both CLUBS!!!!!!

NW Harvest had indicated there best time to receive our groups are between Noon & 2:00 PM.

From there we plan to "PARADE" over to REDMOND TOWN CENTER for the drop of all our GOODIES and we'll add up all the check donations while we are at the church.

PLEASE ACCEPT MY SINCERE APOLOGIES for ANY AND ALL CONFUSION ON TIMES!!!

NW Harvest has been told are target for this year, but honestly, I don't even know what to expect! Only hoping for more than last year.

Very concerned that Porsche with their 1,650 MEMBERS will arrive in force.

We will be in constant communication with NW Harvest. We had asked for seperate lines & bins for our donations but have only received seperate bins so far.  

I can only say that the confusion is ALL ON ME!!!! Thought this would be better this year with more time-----------------but???????????????????????

Cheers!

07 MCS, JIC Cross C/O, JCW BBK, Milltek exhaust, RR DP, Helix I/C, RMW tune (208.5 WHP & 238.3 WTQ)Ray's (17 lbs) and Nitto NT01 for track duty
CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/15/11 at 11:19pm
The Facebook page and event have been updated with the correct time: 

If you're on Facebook, please invite your contacts to the following event: 

This is for both MINI and Porsche people. 

CINIMIN View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CINIMIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/16/11 at 12:02am
Greg - Don't be too hard on yourself - trying to coordinate events with multiple organizations participating is always more complicated than you would think. Somehow ("Insert Miricle Here" usually) things end up working out and most people are completly unaware of what the organizers have been thru.
Jack -

<font color=RED>CINIMIN [/COLOR]

2006 CR/W MCS - 6spd - LSD -15% Pulley - Dinan CAI
ASA JH6's Koni FSD's 22mm Bar
Have you hugged a curve today?

Boomer View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer
PSMINI Nonmember

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boomer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/16/11 at 5:53am
Jack thanks! Really hoping this exceeds last years effort. It's a great cause & our club really stepped up and so did the Porsche club.

The whole idea is to have fun while doing something to assist others in our community.

Pretty COOL if it works!

Cheers!
kiwi View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/16/11 at 7:46pm
I am new to the club but if there is anything I can do to help, please let me know. Also I will be heading down I5 from Camano Island if anyone wants to caravan down to Redmond for this event please let me know, I love nothing more than a bunch of MINis rolling down the road together on a new adventure.
Boomer View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer
PSMINI Nonmember

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boomer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/17/11 at 7:28am
Kiwi, welcome to the club! Participation is all that's needed but really appreciate the offer. Wish I knew more people from your area so you all could meet up and drive down together.

Something to consider: A group is getting together @ Frost Donuts prior to the actual meeting. You might want to swing by and meet some of us prior to the event.

You also might want to post something under the Squadron thread. May find some people to join you.

Cheers!

CINIMIN View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CINIMIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/17/11 at 4:08pm
Kiwi - Please feel welcome to join us at Frost Donuts - located in Mill Creek Town Center.  We'll depart from there in a group for the trip to Overlake Christian Church for the big rumble with the Porsche club -
Jack -

johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/18/11 at 1:47am
never minc its me

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/18/11 at 11:33am
A big Hoorah for PSMINI!!!

Originally posted by Boomer Boomer wrote:

News from Porsche! Seems they are bringing their big guns with Larson Porsche and Park Place Motors serving as drop locations prior to the event:

Social
Start 12/3/2011 1:00 PM
End 12/3/2011 3:00 PM
Description The challenge is on again! For the past year Larry Nelson has been in contact with one of our club members who is also very active in the Puget Sound Mini Motoring Club. Their conversations would always end up on “How we can top last year’s turn-out?” Well, first-off “I hope we don’t need a sunny day.” The chance of that on December 3rd is slim, so rain or shine I hope all the club members can dust off your Porsches to help your community.

This year we have added a Facebook page - If you are registered with Facebook, visit our Facebook page and share with all your friends. We hope the Facebook page will be a fun way to banter back for forth and hopefully create more excitement about the event.

2 Drop Sites if you can’t attend
We also have two drop sites arranged, if you cannot make it out to the event on December 3. On the Eastside you can take your donations to Park Place LTD at 13710 N.E. 20th Street, in Bellevue; and for the club members in the south end you can go to Larson Porsche at 7034 South Tacoma Way in Tacoma. Please make any donations before December 2nd so we can add it to our delivery total on Saturday.

What type of food are we looking for?
Northwest Harvest can use any nonperishable food or monetary donations. If you are donating food, please select shelf-stable foods that are low in saturated fats and refined carbohydrates. Foods like oatmeal, whole grain pastas, brown rice, tomato products, can vegetables, canned fruit (low in sugar) beef stew and chili. We can also use baby formula, powdered or canned milk, infant cereal, and jars of baby food.

Caravan Starting Point
Join us on December 3rd at Overlake Christian Church, at 9900 Willows Road N.E. in Redmond to meet-up and begin our caravan to Redmond Town Square to drop off our donation

$$$ Contributions are welcome too
If you would like to contribute to Northwest Harvest, but aren’t able to make it to any of the drop-off locations, we will also be delivering checks on December 3rd. You can mail checks (payable to Northwest Harvest) to Larry Nelson at 25917 Witte Road SE, Maple Valley, WA 98038. Northwest Harvest buys many food items in bulk, so cash donations can go far in helping feed the hungry this holiday season.

We hope to see all those who attended last year from both clubs. Call your friends--let’s make this even bigger this year. Remember, this is YOUR community and everyone can use a hand now and then.
<< Back

I wish there was a local MINI Dealership, like our Honda, Subaru, Mazada and VW.
CINIMIN View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CINIMIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/18/11 at 6:06pm
I hope - for NW Harvest, that there are at least 1,000 Porches in the parking lot!  Looking for a great MINI turnout as well.
Jack -

Carole View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/22/11 at 11:29am
Has anyone made suggestions for going out to lunch after? Last year, no one seemed to know what was going on, so I just drove home after I dropped off my food at Redmond. I hope this year we could have a firm idea of a place to go, and we'll need to make reservations for a large group.

Carole
Boomer View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer
PSMINI Nonmember

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boomer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/23/11 at 8:28am
Hey Carole, Larry Nelson & I have talked about this at the beginning but haven't come up with anything yet. Last year we did get together, but as you said, it wasn't the best organized announcement and many people didn't come or even know to come.

One of the difficulties with this is NUMBERS! I don't have a clue on the number of MINI's and owners that will be participating in this event. I don't think Larry has a clue on the number of Porsche's and owners from the PCA. Ideally, it would be great to have both clubs attend lunch and get to know each other.

We are still talking about this and as soon as we can, we'll post something on this site & the Facebook page.

Just hoping we have more cars/people than last year!

Stay tuned!

Cheers!
Carole View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/23/11 at 8:39am
Ok, sounds good :)

Carole
Boomer View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer
PSMINI Nonmember

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boomer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/23/11 at 12:26pm
Larry Nelson of the PCA has talked with the people at the Coho Cafe in Redmond and they are willing to work with us, since we don't have any idea of how many people will come to the event or lunch.

Here's their website:

It's their Redmond Location, in the Bella Botega Shopping Center.

Hope everyone will come to both the event and the lunch. Kurt, has also put the notice on Facebook!

See you all there!

Cheers!
Boomer View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer
PSMINI Nonmember

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boomer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/23/11 at 12:35pm
DONATION NEWS!

Received our first Cash Contribution from one of our fellow track rats that also carves up the slopes. Since he wasn't sure if he'd be on the slopes or at the event, he mailed a GENEROUS Check.

Now fellow track rats will know this GREAT CAR NUT and TRACK ENTHUSIAST, and he doesn't pilot a MINI but hangs out with fellow enthusiasts, his ride is know as "Dragonfly" and it's black & the Marque name begins with a "P"!

Thanks for getting this PARTY ROLLING!

Cheers!

CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/23/11 at 12:48pm
As a fellow track rat, I think I know who this is. Wow. Great news!! 
onramp View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onramp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/23/11 at 4:24pm
PFord?
2006 Hyper Blue JCW
Boomer View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer
PSMINI Nonmember

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boomer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/23/11 at 5:41pm
Originally posted by onramp onramp wrote:

PFord?

Too funny!
CINIMIN View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CINIMIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/23/11 at 6:54pm
Would that be a Phord?  Or maybe a Pherrari?  Probably not a Phiat.   Great news whatever he drives!

Edited by CINIMIN - November/23/11 at 8:04pm
Jack -

swhobbit View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swhobbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/24/11 at 2:27pm
As previously noted, we don't be attending.  However, we have a check which is worth including, I need someone to deliver it to.
PURRMOR: 2001 Melting Silver Cooper S Convertible
Boomer View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer
PSMINI Nonmember

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boomer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/24/11 at 6:40pm
Swhobbit you can drop or mail it to
Lakepointe Bar & Grill
18018 61st Ave NE
Kenmore, WA
The owner has a nice MINI!
Cheers!
swhobbit View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swhobbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/25/11 at 5:33pm

Lakepointe Bar & Grill
18018 61st Ave NE
Kenmore, WA
Cheers!
Done.
PURRMOR: 2001 Melting Silver Cooper S Convertible
Boomer View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer
PSMINI Nonmember

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boomer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/26/11 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by swhobbit swhobbit wrote:

Lakepointe Bar & Grill
18018 61st Ave NE
Kenmore, WA
Cheers!
Done.

Got a pleasant surprise today and that surprise was DOUBLED!!!

Got your GENEROUS CHECK this morning from swhobbit and on the bottom left of the check there is a message: Matching Contribution by XXXXX (his/her employer) WooHoo

Nice way to start the day IMHO! Thanks so much for supporting our community!!!!

With matching contributions like this, we'll KICK SOME PORSCHE BUTT as well as helping others!

Many thanks!

Cheers!
kiwi View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/29/11 at 12:14am
What time will you be meeting at Frost Donuts, would love to meet up before hand.
Boomer View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer
PSMINI Nonmember

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boomer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/29/11 at 7:57am
kiwi, I plan to be there around 10:30, 10:45 to get a sugar fix. Think the trip to Overlake Christian Church will only take about 30 min. from there so it will give us time to enjoy coffee and donuts before the face off with Porsche. 

Hope to see you there as well as some other North End Mini Pilots.

Cheers!
Boomer View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer
PSMINI Nonmember

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boomer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/29/11 at 12:52pm
Another Track Rat Delivers!!!!
Most of the Mini Track Rats will recognize this most recent contributor to NW Harvest. This is a couple that trailer their ride to the track and end up BS'ing with us and just having a good old time talking cars and stuff. Both are really QUICK!!!! He run's in "A" and she runs in "B" and when I see my MIRROR FILL UP with their car, my arm is out the window in a hurry. THEY CAN BOTH DRIVE!!!!!!
Looks like we only have 1648 Porsche owners to contend with now since the note with the check said: "Put this on the MINI side!!!!!!!
Quick change of topic. Track season is over for the year but again, I'll try to encourage everyone with an interest in driving, to come out to the track next year. You'll be pleasantly surprised by your ride, amazed at how much you learn and the added bonus is the PEOPLE you'll meet!!!
Cheers!
WOODSTOCK View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past President)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WOODSTOCK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/29/11 at 1:25pm
AND  Good weather is in the forecast!!  How can you not come and do this event?
WOODSTOCK: Linda's 2005 LY MCSC with feel good graphics and go fast mods.
CINIMIN: Jack's 2006 Chili Red/White Coupe
KEMO-SABE: Our 2011 Bright White/Blk All4 Countryman
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>