Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Site Information and Feedback > Archived Forum Topics > NW Harvest MINI v. PORSCHE 2011 Challenge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MINI/PORSCHE CHALLENGE II - Event Date: December/03/11

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer
PSMINI Nonmember

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Boomer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: MINI/PORSCHE CHALLENGE II
    Posted: October/11/11 at 2:01pm
Mini/Porsche Challenge II   
What is this? How did it start?

It is: A community effort to raise food and money for Northwest Harvest.

It started: By an innocent article in Spiel, the magazine of the local Porsche Club, written by the Social Chair and Director at Large of the Pacific Northwest Region of the Porsche Club of America (PNWR).

The article mentioned the effort of a much smaller club, Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club (PSMINI), in donating to Northwest Harvest. All good, right? But the article went on to tout the “SIZE and STRENGTH” of his club, the PNWR of the Porsche Club of America. All good again, but…?

It sounded to some that PNWR could do a much better job in raising food and funds than this little PSMINI car club. Well, it seems the author of this article didn’t consider that one reader belonged to both clubs and was involved in the previous efforts of the much smaller club.

The outcome was a “CHALLENGE” that was accepted and adopted by both organizations, with in over 100 cars participating, loaded with food donations and over $5,000.00 in monetary donations. The WINNER-----------NORTHWEST HARVEST!

Members of both clubs are fortunate and caring individuals that also like competition! But, more importantly, they believe the overall health of their community is critical to their way of life.Their goal, expend effort to enrich the community and add a “FUN TWIST” to the whole thing. Pretty cool!!!!

We have a Facebook page - If you are registered with Facebook, go visit the page and share with all your friends: 
http://www.facebook.com/pages/MINIPorsche-Challenge-II/265275483508756?sk=wall

Plan on being at Overlake Christian Church @ Noon on Dec 3, 2011. (http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Overlake+Christian+Church+Redmond)
Bring your MINI or Porsche filled to the brim with food. Can’t bring food? Don’t despair -- hop in your car and motor down with a check, for whatever you can afford, made payable to Northwest Harvest.

BE A PART OF YOUR COMMUNITY-------ENJOY YOUR CAR and YOUR FELLOW CAR NUTS, and come out and receive a very special sense of accomplishment through your generosity.

We are hoping to see everyone from last years “Challenge” plus many more MINI and Porsche owners supporting our community.

Cheers!

Boomer
Mini and Porsche owner

If you missed this event last year---------------------DON'T this year. Never had as much fun prior to the event and during the event as I had last year. The gratification of giving to the less fortunate in our community is REALLY REWARDING!

So----------get READY TO SHOW PORSCHE THEY MAY HAVE NUMBERS --------------------------- But Mini has HEART!

Additional details will be posted as they get nailed down.

Tell your friends, family, co-workers, neighbors to start packing away food stuff or $$$$ now!!

Cheers!

PS: Watch for videos in the not to distant future. We have our Ed (SPIELBERG) producing and directing this years hit! WINSTON WILL RULE!

(fixed calendar notation)

Edited by WOODSTOCK - November/15/11 at 10:13pm
07 MCS, JIC Cross C/O, JCW BBK, Milltek exhaust, RR DP, Helix I/C, RMW tune (208.5 WHP & 238.3 WTQ)Ray's (17 lbs) and Nitto NT01 for track duty
SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/11/11 at 2:12pm
Is there going to be a PayPal setup for Club Donations?

I wish there was a local MINI Dealership, like our Honda, Subaru, Mazada and VW.
Boomer View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer
PSMINI Nonmember

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boomer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/11/11 at 2:18pm
From the Porsche Web Site:
Food Drive
Category Social
Start 12/3/2011 1:00 PM
End 12/3/2011 3:00 PM
Description The challenge is on again! Larry Nelson is again spearheading the challenge to the Puget Sound Mini Club (and hopefully some other car clubs as well) to support the Northwest Harvest Food Drive. Make plans to join us Saturday, Dec. 3 for the PNWR Food Drive to aid King 5 Home Team and Northwest Harvest. Bring food donations and/or cash and caravan with us to the food collection site.

For the past nine years King 5 Home Team, in conjunction with Northwest Harvest, has held their annual food drive.

Watch for coming details.
07 MCS, JIC Cross C/O, JCW BBK, Milltek exhaust, RR DP, Helix I/C, RMW tune (208.5 WHP & 238.3 WTQ)Ray's (17 lbs) and Nitto NT01 for track duty
Boomer View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer
PSMINI Nonmember

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boomer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/11/11 at 2:22pm
Stephen, that would be nice but I'm not sure how to do this since it would have to be NW Harvest accepting funds and then tracking these funds for the respective club.

They (NW Harvest or maybe King 5) might have this established (don't know).

Would you like to do some research. Think we talked about this last year but decided it might be a nighmare to keep track of the donations made by club members.

Cheers!

SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/11/11 at 2:46pm
Greg:

Yes, it is possible to donate directly to NW Harvest online but I did not see anything that would indicate the donation came from PSMINI.

I checked King 5 and found nothing except an NW HArvest mobile van.

As for keeping straight who donated how much, that seems sort of pointless but which Club Donated the Most $$$ does have application.

Stephen

I wish there was a local MINI Dealership, like our Honda, Subaru, Mazada and VW.
Boomer View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer
PSMINI Nonmember

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boomer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/11/11 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by SMOG SMOG wrote:

Greg:

As for keeping straight who donated how much, that seems sort of pointless but which Club Donated the Most $$$ does have application.

Stephen

Agree, need to track donations by Club! This was an issue last year and I'd really like to have all club member donations, $$$ & FOOD credited to our club's efforts.

Afterall it is a Competition Wink

Cheers!

SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/11/11 at 3:11pm
I was thinking that if PSMINI had a PayPal account setup specifically for annual donations to NW Harvest then donations could be made all year long with one annual distribution.  In doing it that way there would be a chance to amass more $$$ because all the dollar donations would not be expected to come right before the Holiday Season.  It might have the benefit of gaining interest$$ in the account as it sat there awaiting distribution.

Boomer View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer
PSMINI Nonmember

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boomer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/11/11 at 4:31pm
Stephen, good idea but not sure if the club wants to take on the fiduciary responsibilty for this type of set up.

Checks still work & so does the US Mail. At least as of today!!!!!!

Cheers!

Genie B View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genie B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/11/11 at 5:15pm
So happy to see this on our calendar - it was really fun last year - and the weather cooperated, which would be nice again this year!

RE:  tracking donations by Club:  This is a really Low-Tech idea, but what if we gave the Harvest people a big manila envelope on the day of the event for our club. Then make sure donors write on their check notation:  PSMINI, etc. - or make sure the person you hand it to puts it in the correct Club collection envelope.

We could have a supply of small white envelopes there to give to people who donate cash. They could write their name, amount, PSMINI, etc.

OR, instead of the Harvest people handling the collection envelope, a Club person could have it at the meet-up beforehand. It would contain all of our checks/cash collected that day, be clearly marked as PSMINI donations, and handed in to NW Harvest when we drop off the food.

Thoughts ???

Edited by Genie B - October/11/11 at 5:22pm
onramp View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onramp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/11/11 at 5:37pm
Though we had a TON of fun last year, I was really disappointed that NW Harvest lost track of who brought what.  I really thought we had whupped some high falutin' fannies. 

Doesn't matter, though - count me in.

Thoughts on inviting the south club, or are there still strong feelings (and John whats-his-name doesn't count - he is still overbearing and now kinda shunned by the south folk).

Pat
2006 Hyper Blue JCW
SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/12/11 at 5:25am
Originally posted by Genie B Genie B wrote:

RE:  tracking donations by Club:  This is a really Low-Tech idea, but what if we gave the Harvest people a big manila envelope on the day of the event for our club. Then make sure donors write on their check notation:  PSMINI, etc. - or make sure the person you hand it to puts it in the correct Club collection envelope.

We could have a supply of small white envelopes there to give to people who donate cash. They could write their name, amount, PSMINI, etc.

OR, instead of the Harvest people handling the collection envelope, a Club person could have it at the meet-up beforehand. It would contain all of our checks/cash collected that day, be clearly marked as PSMINI donations, and handed in to NW Harvest when we drop off the food.

Thoughts ???

Is King 5 holding the "Contest" of who can donate the most or is it NW Harvest? 

It would seem King 5 would be in the position to document a $$$$ presentation rather than NW Harvest having to catalog all envelopes/checks etc. plus it would higher Club visibility.

Cash/Checks would be fairly easy to track, but the food donations would be a mystery unless someone was documenting the total weight donated and logging that number; doubt that will happen.

Rob N View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/12/11 at 6:19am

Last year, we missed a huge opportunity by not considering the effect of matching corporate donations for those of us so employed. 

By planning this correctly (and most likely having to use checks), we could easily double our $$ for free for a lot of us.  I for one spent quite a bit of cash at Costco but found that did not qualify for a corporate match by my employer after the fact.  Won't do that again.  Ours requires $$ directly to the charity for a match.
Rob, Vickie and Alice

COOPR-S

The question is, "When you turn on your car does it return the favor?"
SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/12/11 at 6:45am
Rob:

That seems to take us back to entertaining the thought of a common money pool being dispersed at one time to NW Harvest.

Does PSMINI have a separate bank account for Membership Applications that are now using PayPal?  What would be the cost for a Savings Account specifically for NW Harvest/PSMINI with a PayPal or Check Deposit capability ???
Boomer View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer
PSMINI Nonmember

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boomer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/12/11 at 7:53am
Love this club!!!!

Genie B.---That's what we did last year. My Boss Suzie collected the checks, added them up and presented to NW Harvest @ the Food Drop off point. Worked OK!

Pat, that was partly my fault. This year Larry N. & I are working on a solution to accounting for the food donations. STAY TUNED!

Pat, I've asked that the South End club be invited as well as the orininal Mini Club (can't think of their names right now). I think for this event, we should all join forces, after all it is a charity event and we are down on numbers so WHY NOT!!!!! The Board needs to make the call.

Stephen, King 5 is orgainizing the drive to benefit NW Harvest. We are a seperate "Group/Contest" within this "Area" food drive benefiting NW Harvest. We benefitted last year with a spot on their local TV coverage. We have some new ideas we'll be working on to hopefully increase our events coverage and hopefully increease participation for both Clubs.

Rob, THAT IS A SENSATIONAL IDEA. Don't know how "matching donations" really are dispersed but if employers could provide their matching funds to be delivered at or before the event, that would really help our total donations. Maybe you can check & see how this really works for you and hopefully it will be the same for other employers. As long as we can get these funds delivered to the Club so they can be counted as donations "our members made" we are good to go! Anyone that has this "Benifit" please ask how it works!!!!

Stephen, I understand your position of wanting to use " modern convenience" tools but for this type of event the "old fashion way" may work best.

Keep the ideas flowing and drop me a PM. Some of you guys have my email, so feel free to use it.

A BIG REQUEST:

IS ANYONE A FACEBOOK EXPERT. CAN A DEDICATED FACEBOOK PAGE BE PUT TOGETHER FOR THIS CHALLENGE: MINI / PORSCHE CHALLENGE II.

Contact me, I've asked the board to check but if there is someone out there that can do this & work with the Porsche Club to get pictures, videos, commentary, stuff from last years event up on this page, please let me know.

With this group, and more time, and use of new/better technology ------------we'll ROCK PORSCHES WORLD!!!

Cheers!

Rob N View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/12/11 at 8:16am
My employer matches $4$ up to $5,000 per associate per year as long as the recipient is 501(c)3.

Other requirements:
  • Gifts must be personal contributions paid either in cash or securities.
  • The amount of each gift must equal at least $25 USD to be eligible.
  • The contribution must be actually paid, not simply pledged.
  • There is a way for he recipient to verify the gift match online so we can probably solve this by providing a copy of the gift application to NW Harvest along with our check.

Rob, Vickie and Alice

COOPR-S

Boomer View Drop Down
    MINI Motorer
    MINI Motorer
    PSMINI Nonmember

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boomer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/12/11 at 8:32am
    Rob, THANK YOU! That should work and while I'm uncertain if we can actually count the matching funds at the time of the presentation, it would certainly benefit NW Harvest. With the Gift Application presented with the Member Check, I don't see why this couldn't be counted but it's another question I'll see if I can ask of NW Harvest.

So if you donate, $25.00 by personal check & your employer matches the contribution it is really $50.00 donation. We'd have your check for $25.00 and a Gift Application Receipt for $25.00 from your employer. Correct? So this should count as $50.00 in donations!

COOL!!!!!

Cheers!

Rob N View Drop Down
    PSMINI Expert Advisor
    PSMINI Expert Advisor
    PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/12/11 at 8:59am
    That's how I would do it. 
    Rob, Vickie and Alice

COOPR-S

Genie B View Drop Down
    PSMINI Expert Advisor
    PSMINI Expert Advisor
    PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genie B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/12/11 at 9:56am
    The actual donation total and the expected matching funds total could both be announced.
    If you know your employer will match the full amount, half, etc. that can be noted aong with your donation.

The Classic Mini Club is Seattle Area Mini Owners Association (SAMOA). I think we communicate with Tim Boyd, but our Board would know the contact info.

Cheers!  
    WOODSTOCK View Drop Down
    PSMINI Expert Advisor
    PSMINI Expert Advisor
    PSMINI Ambassador (past President)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WOODSTOCK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/12/11 at 11:22am
    Originally posted by onramp onramp wrote:

Though we had a TON of fun last year, I was really disappointed that NW Harvest lost track of who brought what.  I really thought we had whupped some high falutin' fannies. 

Doesn't matter, though - count me in.

Thoughts on inviting the south club, or are there still strong feelings (and John whats-his-name doesn't count - he is still overbearing and now kinda shunned by the south folk).

Pat

Pat:  Could you (and Mitch?) take point on posting and inviting the south club?  It would be great if they would join us.

Tim Boyd is the current President of SAMOA and I'll shoot him a note.

WOODSTOCK: Linda's 2005 LY MCSC with feel good graphics and go fast mods.
    CINIMIN: Jack's 2006 Chili Red/White Coupe
    KEMO-SABE: Our 2011 Bright White/Blk All4 Countryman
    Boomer View Drop Down
    MINI Motorer
    MINI Motorer
    PSMINI Nonmember

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boomer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/13/11 at 8:16am
    Ed (Spielberg) was kind enough to provide the links to videos from last years challenge.

Take a look and see if these videos ignites your passion to participate in this years event!

We will be working with the PCA to come up with NEW VIDEOS for this years event so STAY TUNED!

In the meantime, watch:
    Cheers!

PS: We need to find Winston!!!!! Has to be in this years video!

WOODSTOCK View Drop Down
    PSMINI Expert Advisor
    PSMINI Expert Advisor
    PSMINI Ambassador (past President)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WOODSTOCK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/13/11 at 12:17pm
    "WINSTON" is "TWIZZLER" and belongs to the Kar*ns!  I'm sure they will be happy to participate!

I can do some checking on our PayPal account for donations. 

WOODSTOCK: Linda's 2005 LY MCSC with feel good graphics and go fast mods.
    CINIMIN: Jack's 2006 Chili Red/White Coupe
    KEMO-SABE: Our 2011 Bright White/Blk All4 Countryman
    onramp View Drop Down
    PSMINI Expert Advisor
    PSMINI Expert Advisor
    PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onramp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/13/11 at 7:44pm
    Got the OK to bring the south club, and President Linda is actually going to send out invites to all of the Mini related clubs.  Let the NEW GIANT KILLER rule (like we did last year!).

I will start posting and maybe Mitch will lend a hand.

I'm thinking we had better start looking for a bigger parking lot somewhere to meet up.
    2006 Hyper Blue JCW
    SMOG View Drop Down
    PSMINI Member
    PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/14/11 at 6:26am
    Originally posted by onramp onramp wrote:

Got the OK to bring the south club, and President Linda is actually going to send out invites to all of the Mini related clubs.  Let the NEW GIANT KILLER rule (like we did last year!).

I'm thinking we had better start looking for a bigger parking lot somewhere to meet up.

Pat:  The Lilliputian's are on the move!  We shall slay The Giant, if we can get our ducks in a rowWave...

Linda:  Can we send funds to PSMINI/NW Harvest (via check) and have all the funds from PSMINI delivered at one time?  Address for sending funds???

Last year when PSMINI was not allowed to go through the NW Harvest drop off point in a continuous line of MINI's I would bet the NW Harvest bookkeeping lost track.

Stephen

swhobbit View Drop Down
    MINI Motorer
    MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swhobbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/20/11 at 10:41pm
    While it's a very worthy cause ...

You have an odd idea of fun.  That was a congested hurry up and wait, as Katherine and I recall.  Lake City to Redmond is not exactly the open road.
    PURRMOR: 2001 Melting Silver Cooper S Convertible
    SMOG View Drop Down
    PSMINI Member
    PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/21/11 at 5:43am
    Originally posted by swhobbit swhobbit wrote:

While it's a very worthy cause ...

You have an odd idea of fun.  That was a congested hurry up and wait, as Katherine and I recall.  Lake City to Redmond is not exactly the open road.

I totally agree with the"Hurry up & wait", and that is one of the reasons for mailing in funds to PSMINI would ensure that it came from the Club.

Hapa Haole View Drop Down
    PSMINI Expert Advisor
    PSMINI Expert Advisor
    PSMINI Ambassador (past Events Officer)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hapa Haole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/22/11 at 10:08am
    Originally posted by Boomer Boomer wrote:

A BIG REQUEST:

IS ANYONE A FACEBOOK EXPERT. CAN A DEDICATED FACEBOOK PAGE BE PUT TOGETHER FOR THIS CHALLENGE: MINI / PORSCHE CHALLENGE II.

Contact me, I've asked the board to check but if there is someone out there that can do this & work with the Porsche Club to get pictures, videos, commentary, stuff from last years event up on this page, please let me know.

With this group, and more time, and use of new/better technology ------------we'll ROCK PORSCHES WORLD!!!

Cheers!

Please count me in! Last year was awesome (even with the hurry up and wait). This year will be even better with more planning and organizing.

I don't consider myself a Facebook expert, but I'd be willing to look into starting a Facebook page for this. I know how to create an Event invite, so maybe I could figure out how to create a "page" or just do both. Any advice from a Facebook expert? Send me a PM.

Thank you,
    Brenda
    Brenda w/LUV2MTR plates- Aug '06 S, Hyper Blue, white top/sport stripes, chrome in/out, all pkgs, English leather, chrono pack, HK stereo, Jan tune, CAI, 15%, H&R coilovers, rear sway bar, control arm
    Speeddemon150 View Drop Down
    MINI Motorer
    MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speeddemon150 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/22/11 at 10:41am
    i can also create a facebook page il make a sample and post it here if no one has made one yet?
    i stole my wifes thunder
    Boomer View Drop Down
    MINI Motorer
    MINI Motorer
    PSMINI Nonmember

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boomer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/22/11 at 12:58pm
    Brenda & Speeddemon150, thanks so much. Roy is taking a look to see what can be done. Really like to have this page available to both Clubs to put stuff up and invite memberships to talk trash about the upcoming CHALLENGE.

Will keep you guys in the loop as I learn more.

Cheers!

swhobbit View Drop Down
    MINI Motorer
    MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swhobbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/22/11 at 8:01pm
    Originally posted by Rob N Rob N wrote:

By planning this correctly (and most likely having to use checks), we could easily double our $$ for free for a lot of us.  I for one spent quite a bit of cash at Costco but found that did not qualify for a corporate match by my employer after the fact.  Won't do that again.  Ours requires $$ directly to the charity for a match.

As does Google.  Even ignoring the scoring, we want matching.  So someone needs to collect the donations as checks or credit card receipts (which really means checks.)

(and btw, we are happy to donate, but the drive itself felt more a like a slow commute.)

Edited by swhobbit - October/22/11 at 8:03pm
    PURRMOR: 2001 Melting Silver Cooper S Convertible
    valvashon View Drop Down
    PSMINI Admin
    PSMINI Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valvashon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/22/11 at 10:12pm
    How about this to deal with the slow trip through the donation point:

1- We meet up with the Porsche club at the designated point (like at Marymoor Park last year).  We count cars, count money, try not to gloat when we win the challenge either on cars or money or pounds of food or any combination thereof.

2- We load the food into the number of MINIs that will hold it, designating beforehand some "working MINIs" that are capable of handling large loads.

3- Club Presidents (edit: or another designated club officer to ensure accountability) will drive to the designated drop off point with cash and checks and the "Working MINIs" and presumably "Working Porsches" will do the drive through and drop off of the food.  That way it reduces congestion at the drop off point and NW Harvest will have an easier time weighing our food donations.

4- Those of you not participating in the food/money drop off could then proceed immediately to whatever post donation activity is planned.  We could even drive together to the drop off vicinity, just not into the parking lot where they are taking the donations.

Just an idea.

Bruce

Edited by valvashon - October/23/11 at 9:04am
    ...Now mom may drive to the grocery store, But that's not what this car is really for...
     Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>