Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Site Information and Feedback > Archived Forum Topics > NW Harvest MINI v. PORSCHE 2011 Challenge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

EMPLOYER MATCHING CONTRIBUTIONS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer
PSMINI Nonmember

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boomer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: EMPLOYER MATCHING CONTRIBUTIONS
    Posted: November/16/11 at 6:41am
In the main thread Rob N. and Searocko, (Larry) did some research on this and found that their respective employers will match their contributions to NW Harvest.

If you are planning to participate in this Challenge, check with your employers about their policy regarding charitible contributions. If they provide some sort of evidence that your funds will be matched we can include these contributions in our total funds donated the day of the event.

Think about it, suddenly $10.00 becomes $20.00. This could make a HUGE difference in total contributions.

Cheers!
07 MCS, JIC Cross C/O, JCW BBK, Milltek exhaust, RR DP, Helix I/C, RMW tune (208.5 WHP & 238.3 WTQ)Ray's (17 lbs) and Nitto NT01 for track duty
WOODSTOCK View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past President)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WOODSTOCK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/29/11 at 6:49pm
Rob Naylor just dropped off a $100 contribution with a matching employer contribution form!  Awesome!
WOODSTOCK: Linda's 2005 LY MCSC with feel good graphics and go fast mods.
CINIMIN: Jack's 2006 Chili Red/White Coupe
KEMO-SABE: Our 2011 Bright White/Blk All4 Countryman
Boomer View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer
PSMINI Nonmember

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boomer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/02/11 at 3:10pm
Here's the reply we received from NW Harvest regarding counting Employer Matching Contributions;

Hi Greg,

I have an answer for you.

Once the matching funds have come in they can count as part of the total. What that means is if tomorrow someone comes with a check for $100 that their company will match, then tomorrow we can only count the $100 as having been donated. Once we get the matching funds from their company then it becomes a $200 total donation from Mini or Porsche for Home Team Harvest.

Does that make sense?

Catherine McAuliffe | Food Drive Coordinator
p 206-923-7421 | f 206-286-8205
catherinem@northwestharvest.org |
www.northwestharvest.org

Description: Description: http://www.northwestharvest.org/graphics/stories.gif Description: Description: http://www.northwestharvest.org/graphics/twitter.gif Description: Description: http://www.northwestharvest.org/graphics/facebook.gif

Not the answer wel were hoping for but we'll handle it as best we can. Please make sure that you provide a note or something to my Boss, Suzie, when we collect the checks.

I've also sent an email to NW Harvest asking how they'll track this on their end.

Good God, I'm excited and nervous about tomorrow.

This CLUB & SEATTLE MINI ROCK!!!!!

Cheers!
07 MCS, JIC Cross C/O, JCW BBK, Milltek exhaust, RR DP, Helix I/C, RMW tune (208.5 WHP & 238.3 WTQ)Ray's (17 lbs) and Nitto NT01 for track duty
searocko View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer
PSMINI Nonmember

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote searocko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/02/11 at 10:23pm
I just completed my gift match from Boeing and the payout schedule shows a processing date of 1/31/2012.

"Matches are paid semi-annually to eligible organizations once they have confirmed receipt of your donation."

I'm not sure how other employers handle this so it may be some time before we get an official tally from NW Harvest. Presenting a printed confirmation along with your donation will at least give us a ballpark estimate.
Larry

2005 JB/W MCS:RMW Tuned 215hp/187tq,cam|TSW x-brace|Cross Coilovers w/Swift Springs|OZ Alleggerita|Direzza|Scorpion Exh|etc.
CINIMIN View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CINIMIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/02/11 at 10:55pm
Larry, I just did the same thing for a Boeing matching contribution (Thanks for providing the info in your earlier post) and printed a copy of the form that shows the pending matching fund - should be as good as a check from Boeing for counting donations...  
Jack -

<font color=RED>CINIMIN [/COLOR]

2006 CR/W MCS - 6spd - LSD -15% Pulley - Dinan CAI
ASA JH6's Koni FSD's 22mm Bar
Have you hugged a curve today?

searocko View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer
PSMINI Nonmember

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote searocko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/02/11 at 11:54pm
Awesome Jack! See you tomorrow.Thumbs Up
Rob N View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/03/11 at 10:50am
My form directed the recipient to go to a website, report receipt of my gift and payment is confirmed.  NW Harvest is already set up by them in the system.
Rob, Vickie and Alice

COOPR-S

The question is, "When you turn on your car does it return the favor?"
 Post Reply Post Reply