Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Site Information and Feedback > Archived Forum Topics > NW Harvest MINI v. PORSCHE 2011 Challenge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GLOVES ARE OFF!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer
PSMINI Nonmember

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boomer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GLOVES ARE OFF!
    Posted: November/30/11 at 4:46pm

THIS IS A CHALLENGE! COME ON MINI OWNERS LET’S SHOW THOSE PRETTY LITTLE PORSCHES HOW IT’S DONE!

Last year MINI’S stepped up and took it to the GIANT PORSCHE CLUB. They may have EIGHT TIMES the number of members we have, but SO WHAT!! REALLY GIVEN THEIR SIZE, THEIR NUMBERS WERE NOT ALL THAT GREAT!

LET’S DO THE MATH!!! Porsche: 65/1650 = .039% BARELY A WRINKLE ON A BABY’S BUTT!!!!

MINI: 35/225 = 15.6%. NOW THAT’S MEANINGFULL!!!! YOU COULD ACTUALLY SEE THIS WRINKLE ON A BABY’S BUTT!!!!

These pretty little Porsche’s think they are all THAT!!! Well lets show these little SHOWCASE CARS HOW TO TURN OUT AT AN EVENT! Think about it, how many times have you talked to a PORSCHE owner and asked how many miles he/she has on his/her 5 or 6 year old car only to be told-----------15,000 miles. What????? HOW MANY!@#@^*!

JEEZ, I have seen posts on this board saying they reached 1,000 miles within a WEEK!

We don’t have little SHOWCASE cars that only come out when the sun shines. WE HAVE DRIVERS CARS WITH MIGHTY OWNERS THAT DRIVE OUR CARS, RAIN, SLEET, SNOW OR SUN!!!!!! Even though we only have 225 MEMBERS there are MANY MINI’S out there that can EVEN THE PLAYING FIELD!!!!

These BLOODY PORSCHES have the WEATHER GODS SMILING ON THEM AGAIN THIS YEAR! Let’s not fall victim to these FAIR WEATHER DRIVERS!!!!

I KNOW PORSCHE CLUB IS GOING BIG, I MEAN HUGE THIS YEAR!

DO NOT LET THIS DETER US!!!!

HOPE TO SEE EVERYONE AT OVERLAKE CHRISTIAN CHURCH @ NOON, SAT. DEC. 3rd.!

IF YOU WANT, COME OVER AND GRAB A DONUT & COFFEE AT FROST DONUTS. I PLAN ON BEING THERE @ 10:30 SAT. MORNING.

Cheers!

PS: NW Harvest will WIN but let's make a good, if not better, showing than last year!
07 MCS, JIC Cross C/O, JCW BBK, Milltek exhaust, RR DP, Helix I/C, RMW tune (208.5 WHP & 238.3 WTQ)Ray's (17 lbs) and Nitto NT01 for track duty
Boomer View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer
PSMINI Nonmember

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boomer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/30/11 at 5:15pm
Forgot to include this link to Ed's video:

Cheers!
07 MCS, JIC Cross C/O, JCW BBK, Milltek exhaust, RR DP, Helix I/C, RMW tune (208.5 WHP & 238.3 WTQ)Ray's (17 lbs) and Nitto NT01 for track duty
onramp View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onramp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/30/11 at 5:40pm
Anybody in the south end, feel free to meet me at Jason's Restaurant at 9:00.  After breakfast, we are going to take some backroads to Redmond, courtesy of Covington resident and local roads expert Phydeaux.  I do want to call the restaurant with a headcount, so please send me a PM.  Jason's is just south of the intersection of Meridian and 512 (the Puyallup Fair is on the north side of this intersection).

Once again, the NEW Giant Killer is gonna kick Porsche butt.

Pat
2006 Hyper Blue JCW
Boomer View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer
PSMINI Nonmember

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boomer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/01/11 at 7:34am
Put this under the other post, but it won't hurt to double post this:

Ed, has really donated a lot of time to make these little videos and I just learned he has been called into work the day of the Challenge.

ED, MANY THANKS FOR ALL YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS TO MAKE THIS A FUN EVENT!

So, if we have some other club members that like doing video or photos, please try to capture as much as you can on the event!

Cheers!
MiniCharley View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MiniCharley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/01/11 at 2:40pm
Thanks, ED!!!!!!!!!!!!!   The video is fun! :)
Our family:
12 R60 All4 SB/Blk WILDBLUE
12 R59 JCW Roaster PB/RED APOLLO

04 IB/W MCS CHARLEY
12 All4 CB/Bk YONDER
12 CoupeS LB/Bk DBCOUPE
80 Mini Kensington Red STELLA
 Post Reply Post Reply