Forum Home Forum Home > Site Information and Feedback > Site Feedback
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pesky security error when posting

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pesky security error when posting
    Posted: October/08/13 at 8:57am
Hello - 
I have been getting 'insufficient permission' errors in the last week or two, both for forum posts and private messages. This seems to coincide with a new login requirement to agree to terms and conditions. 

This is the error: 

"
Error
Only members with sufficient permission can access this page.

A security error has occurred with authentication.

Please ensure that all cookies are enabled on your web browser, you are not using a saved or cached copy of the page, and your Firewall/Proxy settings are not hiding or masking your IP address.
"

It shows that I am logged in to the forum but I get an error when I attempt to post or respond to a private message. The only workaround is to logoff and again accept the terms and conditions. I have already accepted the terms and conditions at least 5 times. 

I just got this error even to post this question, even though I just logged out/logged in 5 minutes ago as the result of getting the error when trying to respond to a private message. 

Perhaps the agreement to terms and conditions is timing out even though my cached login credentials are not? 

Is anyone else seeing this behavior? Is there anything that can be done about it? 

ipeverywhere View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ipeverywhere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/08/13 at 9:21am
I used to get something similar _before_ the upgrade. It's not done it since.

Anyone else?

We will look into it but yes, it's the system not recognizing who you are when you hit submit for some reason.

EDIT: I should mention... I've blown away all of cookies and cache repeatedly around the time of the upgrade because of an issue with another site. That might have more to do with it than the upgrade. CORNERS, I know it's a PITA but might be time to clear all cache, cookies, history, etc. and start fresh.
Genie B View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genie B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/08/13 at 10:07am

I have to select Yes to the Terms and Conditions every time I login - the default is set to No.  I've thought of choosing Reset Form, but not sure if that would solve it. I just accept that I have to change it to YES each time. When I don't remember to do it, I get the error message.  Once I'm logged in, I don't have any issues with posting or sending messages.

catlvr2 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past Comm Officer)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catlvr2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/08/13 at 1:19pm
I am only having problems on my iPad after upgrading to ios7. I have to log in every time I go to the forum even though I have checked the remember me option. It also always goes to the mobile format when I always choose the classic format. Very irritating!
Leanne

2012 Hot Choc. S; "CATLVR" plates

Gone but not forgotten:
Bad Kitty 2010 hot choc. cabrio
2008 oxy. blue cooper
2005 chili red cooper
sammylynn View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sammylynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/08/13 at 7:18pm
I got the same thing as CORNERS but only on some threads.
2014 Countryman S ALL4 - Brody.
Previous Owner of "Rosebud"
2013 Countryman S ALL4
CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/10/13 at 6:18pm
I am getting it even when attempting to respond to Private messages, on both my regular computer and mobile devices. It remembers my login but I have to press the Logout button TWICE and then login again. If I don't do this, I can't respond to any posts even though it looks like I am logged in. 

I don't remember the terms and conditions being there before and I have a strong suspicion that this is what is causing the problems. 

I just deleted cookies and cached data and but won't know if the problem is solved until I wait a day or two... 
CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/10/13 at 8:16pm
Ok, only 2 hours 42 minutes later, the forum is showing the error again and I have to logout/log in to to be able to post or send a private message. 
CINIMIN View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CINIMIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/10/13 at 8:54pm
Sorry  - I am not seeing any of these problems -

Running latest updates to Windows 7 - Windows Explorer 10
 NO Mobile devices ever used. 

Last upgrade to Forum Software fixed all my HTML problems. 
Jack -

<font color=RED>CINIMIN [/COLOR]

2006 CR/W MCS - 6spd - LSD -15% Pulley - Dinan CAI
ASA JH6's Koni FSD's 22mm Bar
Have you hugged a curve today?

CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/10/13 at 9:16pm
Again I had to logout and login again to make this post. I am using a Mac with latest Safari (browser) software. . .

This problem started around the same time the new logo was added. 

SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/11/13 at 2:40am
Originally posted by catlvr2 catlvr2 wrote:

I am only having problems on my iPad after upgrading to ios7. I have to log in every time I go to the forum even though I have checked the remember me option. It also always goes to the mobile format when I always choose the classic format. Very irritating!

This happens in the mobile format for me as well.  os7.

I wish there was a local MINI Dealership, like our Honda, Subaru, Mazada and VW.
CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/17/14 at 8:12pm
Is there any software update for the forum? I am still getting these security errors when I try to post to the forum or respond to private messages. 

I see these access denied messages even though I am logged in and sometimes even when I have just logged in to the forum. It happens most regularly with iOS device or Mac Safari, less frequently with Chrome but it still happens even with Chrome. 

----

Forum Home > Access Denied

Member Control Panel   0 New Messages

FAQ   Search<a href="search_form.asp">Search</a>   Chat   Events<a href="calendar.asp">Events</a>   Memberlist   Logout [CORNERS]

Access Denied

Error

Only members with sufficient permission can access this page.

A security error has occurred with authentication.

Please ensure that all cookies are enabled on your web browser, you are not using a saved or cached copy of the page, and your Firewall/Proxy settings are not hiding or masking your IP address.

Post Reply Post Reply