Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Discussions > Interior and Exterior Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

P3Cars Gauges

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: P3Cars Gauges
    Posted: July/25/14 at 5:36pm
Anyone install these in their car yet?
2013 R58 Factory JCW, P3Cars VIDI Gauge, Pilot Sport AS/3, NM T/A, NM STB,GP2 Diffuser
CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/25/14 at 6:38pm
What is it? Link? 
SeaSoldier View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/25/14 at 7:51pm
Heres the link. http://www.p3cars.com/mini/p3cars-mini-cooper-vent-integrated-digital-interface/

They make it look real easy to install and probably to most everyone but myself. I really want to have this installed before even thinking about the JB+
2013 R58 Factory JCW, P3Cars VIDI Gauge, Pilot Sport AS/3, NM T/A, NM STB,GP2 Diffuser
CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/25/14 at 7:54pm
That's pretty cool. 

What is a JB+? 

PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/25/14 at 8:12pm
JB+ is basically a canned tune for the N18. It works without hacking into the ECU. Burger Motorsports puts it out. That is the best way this Fred Flintstone can describe it. I'm mechanically challenged. I tried to put in the P3 gauge and only ended up with my pulled out hair on the garage floor.
CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/25/14 at 8:15pm
Haha. Hair on the garage floor is not a good thing. 
Maybe if you try throwing the P3 hard enough at the dashboard it will fuse together and start working. 

PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/25/14 at 8:17pm
Funny you should mention that.
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/30/14 at 10:54am
Oh happy day. Brian at South Lake European installed the gauge for me. I was quoted an hour labor @ $108 per hr. Brian had in done in less than half that time and only charged me a half hour labor. I would have happily paid the original quote but Brian was having nine of that. What a great experience. They have just earned my future business. Thanks Brian.
SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/02/14 at 7:59am
OK, so how do you like the gauge?  Does it add further drain on the battery or is it completely off when installed?
I wish there was a local MINI Dealership, like our Honda, Subaru, Mazada and VW.
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/02/14 at 9:19pm
Absolutely love the gauges. I like being able to see the oil and coolant temps to name a few of the items monitored. The gauges are off when the car is not running. There is a write up in the last MC2 magazine on the P3Cars digital gauge. Now I need to install the GP2 diffuser and NM torque arm bushings.

Edited by SeaSoldier - August/02/14 at 9:21pm
SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/03/14 at 5:36am
Thanks for the input :-)

I wish there was a local MINI Dealership, like our Honda, Subaru, Mazada and VW.
 Post Reply Post Reply