Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Events > PSMINI Events and Drives
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Third Annual Rallye des Montagnes du Nord - Event Date: October/04/14 - October/05/14

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/30/14 at 8:26am
Bummer Cindy! Sorry to hear that.
'15 F55 Cooper Volcanic Orange
'80 Mini English White
Wildfamily View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/01/14 at 8:48am
Hello gang! We are only a few days out from our weekend getaway in the North Cascades and the weather is looking exceptional for some cruising in the mountains, great wine and great food not to mention a big gaggle of MINIs and friends. It's looking like we are at 21 cars and and 39 Miniacs confirmed at this point! Also it looks like everyone doing the full tour is participating in the group dinner at Sorrento's on Saturday night which will be amazing! Glad to see such great participation to kick off the Fall driving season. I just wanted to share a few notes to get you pointed in the right direction and get you prepared for the trip!

Start Location: Fred Meyer parking lot in Monroe (18805 SR2, Monroe WA 98272)
Start Time: Try to arrive by 9:00AM. Driver's Meeting @ 9:15. Go time is 9:30 sharp!

I will be providing a full itinerary and turn-by-turn directions at the driver's meeting before we head out. Thanks again to you all for your continued enthusiasm for this event and to those that have helped in promoting and getting things set up for a smooth weekend.

Things to bring:
-Full tank of gas
-Cash (some of the tasting rooms charge $5 per head. having cash makes things much easier. Particularly at Tsillan Cellars since we are doing a private tasting I would like to collect the $5 tasting fee in advance from everyone participating so I can handle that transaction myself to keep things simple)
-Window Cleaner
-FRS radios (not required but some find these helpful and entertaining. Tune to channel 7-21)
-Camera
-Sunscreen
-Jacket (for the cool autumn evening)
-Fun attitude!

See you all Saturday morning! Cheers!

Martin Wild
My cell # is 425-299-3335 if you need to contact me offline

'80 Mini English White
Sixate View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sixate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/02/14 at 6:02pm
Are we going to Pateros before dinner at Tsillan or is it a full day of driving, drinking and eating before we get to the hotel(s)?
07 MCSa Laser Blue w/ checkboards everywhere
Transmission 6 speeds...Gas pedal 1 speed....Full Speed Ahead!
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/02/14 at 10:00pm
Hotel will be after dinner. Dinner is at 5:30 in Chelan. Only about 30 minutes to Pateros
'80 Mini English White
ipeverywhere View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ipeverywhere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/03/14 at 1:51pm
Quote What time are we meeting tomorrow?
Excellent question folks: Meet 8:45, Drivers Meeting 9:15, Motor at 9:30

Also! Please remember to bring cash. Exact change, meaning $5s, is preferred. It greatly expedites getting a glass of wine in your hand after arriving at the wineries. Thanks!

Edited by ipeverywhere - October/03/14 at 1:53pm
Saphire View Drop Down
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Skilled Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saphire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/05/14 at 9:10pm

Thank you Annie and Martin!   Beautiful days and great roads and drives.  This event just keeps getting better every year, hope you will lead it again next year.   Oso was awesome and humbling.

Hope Brian will post the cure for his issues.

Thanks again,   Donna and Les.

dailymischief View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Club Mom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dailymischief Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/06/14 at 9:19am

As my first rally and big event with PSMINI - I can say I had THE.BEST.TIME. - A great drive, and even greater group of people to spend two days with.   Thank you Wild Family for leading this event - you are the real deal.

Ben and I are looking forward to the next event.

-Deanna

Deanna (aka dailymischief)
RIP F56 2014 Cooper S Pepper White - "Mr. Pepper"
R53 2006 Cooper S Purple Haze - "Darling Nikki"
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/06/14 at 11:15am
Awesome meeting you and Ben and Deanna. You guys are great and fit right into our crazy group! Look forward to motoring with you both again soon. Cheers!

Martin
'80 Mini English White
Sixate View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sixate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/06/14 at 2:03pm
A big Thank You to Martin and Anne for another fantastic trip over the mountains to the northern part of the Wine Country; to Karen for sweeping; to Ryan, Karen, Les and Donna for following me slowly on various parts of the trip home!

Hopping for a speedy recovery when I bring Honu in for whatever they need to do!
07 MCSa Laser Blue w/ checkboards everywhere
Transmission 6 speeds...Gas pedal 1 speed....Full Speed Ahead!
TWIZZLR View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert
PSMINI Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TWIZZLR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/07/14 at 6:55am

Thank you Martin and Anne. What fun!! Love those twisties!! I think this group gets more fun with the blend of seasoned and new members. It is all about the twisties and the MINIs!!!

Karin

Karin & Karen

11 JCW Midnight Blk Roof Caps All pkgs, Aero
Chili Red Baron View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chili Red Baron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/07/14 at 7:56am

Thanks Martin & Anne

Kathie & I thoroughly enjoyed the event.  You guys obviously spent at lot of time planning this event. The dinner at Tsillian Cellars was outstanding. Once again a big Thanks!

Doug & Kathie

2016 thunder grey metallic Cooper S MINI Clubman with a John Cooper Works interior.
LadyinRed View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyinRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/07/14 at 7:47pm
Many thanks to all for a fabulous event and to the Wilds for organizing and leading! My sister Joyce and I truly enjoyed every minute. A true memorable event. Looking forward the next event!

Pam
Life Is Good In A Mini

'06 Chili Red S
catlvr2 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past Comm Officer)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catlvr2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/09/14 at 4:49pm
Wow, you guys sure know how to have fun!  I was bummed that I was missing Oktoberfest at my favorite tap room that day but wound up having just as much or more fun on this trip!
Leanne

2012 Hot Choc. S; "CATLVR" plates

Gone but not forgotten:
Bad Kitty 2010 hot choc. cabrio
2008 oxy. blue cooper
2005 chili red cooper
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123