Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussions > Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HEY PS MINI, LETS HELP RESCUE THIS GUY!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote worbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HEY PS MINI, LETS HELP RESCUE THIS GUY!!!
    Posted: November/25/14 at 10:39pm
HELP FIND GIZMO A HOME!!!! 
He's got about 24/48 hours left before he will be put down. 

Ok PSMini community, let's help this little guy find a new home ASAP. He's located in Lancaster/Palmdale CA but can be shipped anywhere in the US at no cost to you. 

THERE IS NO COST TO YOU IF YOU FOSTER/RESCUE THIS GUY. Washington Bully Crew will cover costs for all medical/travel/food. 

Mods, please feel free to lock this up if this sort of thread is a no no. Since he doesn't have much time left I skipped out on reaching out to one of you to make sure this was cool. 

Here's a quick rundown on Gizmo that I got from one of the people who is trying to find him a home: 

Originally posted by Laura Laura wrote:

mellow.. eager to please, likes being by your side. he would selectively bark and act unsure with a few high-energy dogs at the shelter but fine with all the dog in the playyard. only barked and got worked up when he was in his kennel toward those particular dogs.

Honestly, he's been there for a month.. dogs experience a ton of fear and anxiety at shelters.. barking dogs all the time, new dogs all the time, dogs leaving all the time. They know it's not a good place to be. 
He is not listed as aggressive at all. 
I have pulled multiple dogs listed as "aggressive" from shelters for rescue- half of them weren't at all after getting out.. half were terrified and just needed a little time and maybe some training if they were never socialized.
Laura Milham

rescue can do training for him if needed.

Edited by worbit - November/25/14 at 10:44pm
Drive an R60 and want a OEM roof rack? CLICK HERE - I have one for sale!
CINIMIN View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CINIMIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/26/14 at 5:51am
Lots of local shelter dogs and cats would love to have a home as well. 
Jack -

<font color=RED>CINIMIN [/COLOR]

2006 CR/W MCS - 6spd - LSD -15% Pulley - Dinan CAI
ASA JH6's Koni FSD's 22mm Bar
Have you hugged a curve today?

ipeverywhere View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ipeverywhere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/26/14 at 9:06am
I just realized this was an out of state dog.

I'll leave the post but do know that PSMINI and our membership works with many excellent rescues in the Puget Sound Area. We have dog, cat, horse, and lovers of all animals who do amazing work to help animals locally. If you are looking for a new four legged member to your family please ask on here. I'm sure one of our members can pair you up with an animal in need who is local.
worbit View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote worbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/26/14 at 3:30pm
This was actually a joint venture between the shelter in CA and the Bully Crew which is located here in WA. Sadly Gizmo didn't make it.....
Drive an R60 and want a OEM roof rack? CLICK HERE - I have one for sale!
ipeverywhere View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ipeverywhere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/26/14 at 4:19pm
I'm sorry to hear about Gizmo.
Genie B View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genie B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/26/14 at 5:49pm

I'm so sorry to hear that. Thank you for making the effort to help! It certainly brings to light the thousands of animals that are homeless everywhere. I so admire the people at the shelters and all of those who try to help them find forever homes.

Post Reply Post Reply