Forum Home Forum Home > Events > Out of Area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AMVIV - A MINI Vacation in Vegas - Event Date: May/28/15 - May/31/15

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: AMVIV - A MINI Vacation in Vegas
    Posted: December/15/14 at 1:03pm
164 days till AMVIV!  http://www.amviv.com/

Happy to see it back after a year off.  For those of you that have no idea what AMVIV is, it is a Mini meeting in Vegas (A Mini Vacation In Vegas) that is put on by the Sin City Mini Club.  Once you get to Vegas they host drives, events and parties to keep everyone occupied.  As if we needed help in Vegas! 

Best place to get information is the website above and the sin city facebook page. (AMVIV)

Hotel reservation can be made now, and if you are going I suggest you book your rooms now, and not later. 

The best part of the vacation is the motoring to get there and back.  I know 164 days seems like a long time away, however I thought I would start the forum. 

This will be my 8th or 9th trip to AMVIV.   Looking forward to traveling to Vegas again with all the crazy mini peeps! 

Happy Holidays

Edited by SodaJeff - April/11/15 at 7:30am
Dori
Twisstr View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twisstr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/21/15 at 9:40am

We have booked out reservations.

We have talked about repeating the Canyonball run.

Any interest?

Karin

Karin & Karen 2011 Pepper White Hampton Blk Top Connected all Pkgs
Tater View Drop Down
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/21/15 at 12:38pm
Karen,

Sounds like fun, but we are limited with vacation time this year.  We will be leaving on Wednesday 27th Staying the night in Jackpot, and arriving in Vegas on Thursday.

We are happy to be lead car, for anyone that wants to travel with us.  Just let us know.

Miss you guys! 
Dori
Hapa Haole View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past Events Officer)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hapa Haole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/22/15 at 9:01am
I'm thinking about it, but there's a conflict with a pending trip my husband is planning. Also, my MINI needs some maintenance horribly. I've neglected her for awhile. I wouldn't want to drive that distance in Her condition. There's a slow coolant leak somewhere but we can't seem to find it. It's been leaking for 6+ months now. I thought it was the cap to the expansion tank, but I'm not so sure. I haven't used the clay bar nor waxed Hapa in over a year. I've sort of lot interest in detailing and keeping her clean since hitting Bambi in October 2013 (which resulted in over $5,000 in repair costs). I haven't even bothered to replace the bonnet stripes.
Brenda w/LUV2MTR plates- Aug '06 S, Hyper Blue, white top/sport stripes, chrome in/out, all pkgs, English leather, chrono pack, HK stereo, Jan tune, CAI, 15%, H&R coilovers, rear sway bar, control arm
Genie B View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genie B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/22/15 at 11:39am

Hi Brenda!

Hope everything is going great for you and Steve! 

My MINI has had a SLOW coolant leak forever, and we've never been able to pinpoint it. There's so much stuff in there, it's impossible to have a clear view of the problem. Anyway, we just top off the coolant every once in awhile, and it seems to be alright. Come on now, get HAPA some new bonnet stripes!  Tongue

Hope to see you one of these days!

Take Care!

Sixate View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sixate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/22/15 at 10:07pm
My slow coolant leak turned out to be a cracked thermostat housing that was allowing vapor to escape, but never dripped water.
07 MCSa Laser Blue w/ checkboards everywhere
Transmission 6 speeds...Gas pedal 1 speed....Full Speed Ahead!
Hapa Haole View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past Events Officer)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hapa Haole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/22/15 at 10:28pm
I don't mean to get off the subject of AMVIV, but...

We've noticed some dripping of coolant on the ground but it's never very much. Most times, I might add about a 1/2 liter of water and coolant about every 2 weeks. It doesn't seem to matter how far I drive, but there's no way I'd go on any cross-country road trips at the moment. For now, I've been sticking close to home. I might venture 100 miles, but not much further.

Also, the rear main seal has been leaking for 5+ years. I'm still able to go without adding oil between oil changes. I know I'm not the only one with this nagging leak. I've got just over 106,000 miles and she's still running strong (though I could use a new supercharger belt because mine has stretched over the past few years).

I sort of wished that Hapa would've been totaled when I hit Bambi. I feel her value has severely depreciated since the collision. So much for avoiding door dings all these years. I still park her near a curb and never between two vehicles, but sometimes I wonder why I bother at this point.

Edited by Hapa Haole - February/22/15 at 10:30pm
Brenda w/LUV2MTR plates- Aug '06 S, Hyper Blue, white top/sport stripes, chrome in/out, all pkgs, English leather, chrono pack, HK stereo, Jan tune, CAI, 15%, H&R coilovers, rear sway bar, control arm
CINIMIN View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CINIMIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/23/15 at 6:46am

Brenda - check the thermostat gasket - a common point of failure on 1st gen MINIs...

Good to see you back on the forum!

Hi to Steve.

Jack -

<font color=RED>CINIMIN [/COLOR]

2006 CR/W MCS - 6spd - LSD -15% Pulley - Dinan CAI
ASA JH6's Koni FSD's 22mm Bar
Have you hugged a curve today?

Genie B View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genie B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/23/15 at 8:34am

Brenda,  Your MINI is one of my all-time favorites!  Maybe HAPA is due for a detail job in the Spring.  :-)  WooHoo

Thanks for the tips on the coolant leak guys. Our leak is very slow, but it's annoying we haven't been able to track it down - so much stuff under the bonnet blocking a clear view of what's going on. 

Cheers!

P.S.  MY apologies too to the AMVIV people for temporarily hijacking their thread - carry on!

CINIMIN View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CINIMIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/23/15 at 10:01am
As I recall:  When you park your MINI with the engine at full operating temp a small amount of coolant can escape through a leaking thermostat gasket.  It is noticeable as small drops of coolant under the front of the car - but they only show up after the leaked coolant works its way to the bottom of the car.  Not really anything visible unless you want to watch the car for a couple hours after parking it.  I think they find the problem with a coolant pressure check.
Jack -

<font color=RED>CINIMIN [/COLOR]

2006 CR/W MCS - 6spd - LSD -15% Pulley - Dinan CAI
ASA JH6's Koni FSD's 22mm Bar
Have you hugged a curve today?

Genie B View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genie B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/23/15 at 11:14am

Thanks Jack.  Our little droplets are usually visible on the back of the engine block, so you're probably right about the housing gasket being the culprit. At this point we don't have enough of a leak that it's showing up on the floor, and my mechanic hasn't built up the desire to start removing things to get at it yet! Guess I don't pay him enough. LOL

Now if we could just keep the mice out of the engine . . . Shocked

P.S.  I have been known to stare at my MINI for prolonged periods, and can't resist looking back at it with a smile whenever I park it. Tongue  Cheers!

Twisstr View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twisstr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/03/15 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by Tater Tater wrote:

Karen,

We will be leaving on Wednesday 27th Staying the night in Jackpot, and arriving in Vegas on Thursday.

So You are making the first day a long one. I would likely stay in Boise area and then his Jackpot on Wednesday. Then to Vegas with you.

Karin

Edited by Twisstr - March/03/15 at 4:19pm
Twisstr View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twisstr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/13/15 at 1:11pm
Tater, I am sorry to say that we will not be able to make AMVIV. Karen broke her elbow and we will have to readjust all vacations this year.
Genie B View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genie B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/14/15 at 7:31am

So sorry to hear about the broken elbow! Mend quickly & completely!

Twisstr View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twisstr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/20/15 at 3:28pm

I am back in!! Flying SOLO with Tater

Karin

Post Reply Post Reply