Forum Home Forum Home > Events > You Create It and Name It
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rallye des Montagnes du Nord - Event Date: October/10/15 - October/11/15

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/09/15 at 10:33am
Tomorrow is the big day folks! Looking forward to seeing everyone Saturday morning. Again we will be meeting at the Fred Meyer parking lot in Monroe, WA (18805 State Route 2, Monroe, WA 98272).

Meet up at 9:00
Driver Meeting at 9:10
Depart at 9:30

Again please be sure to have an empty bladder and a full tank for your driving pleasure! Also please remember to bring $1s if you want to purchase club decals and $5'ers for wine tastings! This will help keep things moving!

For those meeting up with us later in the day we will be arriving in Chelan at Tsillan Cellars just before 4PM and sitting down for dinner between 5:30-6pm.

We will be departing from Pateros at 9:30AM on Sunday and heading to Winthrop.

We look forward to the weekend! If you have any questions feel free to PM me here or on Facebook or call me anytime at 425-299-3335

Thanks,

Martin Wild

Edited by Wildfamily - October/09/15 at 10:38am
'15 F55 Cooper Volcanic Orange
'80 Mini English White
MINIMNT View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MINIMNT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/09/15 at 6:38pm
Do you have an estimated time one can expect to be back in the Seattle area?  Asking for a friend...well, a babysitter.

Thanks!
2003 Silk Green Girly MINI - married to Napoleon II (valvashon)
Sixate View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sixate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/12/15 at 9:14am
Another awesome drive!   This group continues to amaze us with how well such a diverse group of people can come together and have so much fun.

Can we go again next weekend?
07 MCSa Laser Blue w/ checkboards everywhere
Transmission 6 speeds...Gas pedal 1 speed....Full Speed Ahead!
valvashon View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valvashon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/12/15 at 9:10pm
Remember the feedback thread?  Pictures taken by an actual camera and posted to forum based websites having nothing to do with the word "face".  After getting kneecapped with that tiny tire iron from the toolkit in your boot, it had to move in with its cousin, the event thread of the same name.  Then it sort of disappeared, and nobody really talks about it any more.

Well, it's back- at least as far as I can resurrect it.  It still lives in its cousin's attic with the weird slanted ceiling, but here's what it used to look like:

Our first stop was at Plain Hardware in Plain- I had never heard about this town off of Highway 2.  Highway 2 is a fun drive, but the roads to Plain were wonderful.  Plain Hardware was cool, too- Coffee, snacks, restrooms and actual hardware!  I could have stocked up on fittings for my CPVC plumbing project if I wanted to!

That was a pretty sweet Isuzu Trooper we parked next to!

I failed to take any pictures at our lunch stop, but here's some from our dinner at Tsillan Cellars and Sorrento's restaurant-

We got our own parking area- a short walk away (!)

I thought this shot looked cool- I didn't know it would foreshadow the sudden downpour we experienced at the wine tasting.

MINIMNT plus the one tree on the property!

From the front lawn: where's the MINIs?  Behind the row of vines- you can just barely see some roofs.

It was dark when we left dinner at Chelan, so the next pictures are from Sunday.  Our first stop after leaving the hotel was at the fruit stand at the start of highway 153:

All of these people drank way too much wine the previous night- but look how much fun they're having!

Our next stop was in the old west themed town of Winthrop:

Look at this old-timer- an open air MG of unknown vintage from Canada.  New British cars and an old British car, together again!

Last shot- we got our own parking area in front of the sweet shop!

Sadly, we had to bug out early and didn't get to drive with the group back to the West side, but we did take the same route!  That Highway 20 is great fun, as were all the roads Martin picked.  Thanks for setting this one up!

So there you have it- the resurrection of the feedback (with pictures!) thread.  Look for more as more events happen, all with pictures you won't find anywhere else!

Val

Edited by valvashon - October/12/15 at 9:17pm
...Now mom may drive to the grocery store, But that's not what this car is really for...
CINIMIN View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CINIMIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/12/15 at 9:55pm
GREAT JOB BRUCE - Thanks for reviving (Don't think I could spell "resurrecting") Event Feed Back on the forum!  Great pictures too.  Looks like a fun drive -  wish we could have been there.
Jack -

<font color=RED>CINIMIN [/COLOR]

2006 CR/W MCS - 6spd - LSD -15% Pulley - Dinan CAI
ASA JH6's Koni FSD's 22mm Bar
Have you hugged a curve today?

Genie B View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genie B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/13/15 at 4:39pm

DITTO on everything Jack said ! ! ! ! ! !   Great to see the Event Feedback back!  I've missed it.

Great Job. Bruce!  My MINI and I almost feel like we were there.  :-)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12