Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Discussions > Performance Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

R53 one ball mod

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperCoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: R53 one ball mod
    Posted: December/28/15 at 11:48am
Howdy folks, had a question for those who have done the one-ball mod to their factory exhaust. I tried the Nvidia N1 exhaust, and while I LOVE the burble and pop, it's just a bit too loud for my overall taste. So while instead of spending hundreds of $$ trying different resonators, mufflers, to get it right, I think I'll just go one-ball instead, as  most seem very pleased with that sound.

So, where in the Seattle area have you done this work, who do you recommend that could look at it and say "oh yeah, we can do that easily".

Let me know, thanks!

Jason
Jason - '05 PS/B Cooper S, most packages, 17%, Brisk silver plugs, IE fixed camber plates & Craven STD's, Powerflex trans/dogbone mount poly inserts, 20mm Whiteline rear sway bar, SprintBooster.
CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/28/15 at 4:50pm
We should compare Milltek and Nvidia. Milltek is not that loud. 
RickB View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RickB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/11/16 at 11:13am

Having read-up on the mod extensively before having it done, I'd try to find a shop that's confident that they can do it without removing the exhaust system from the car.

It's apparently "difficult" to do the necessary welding with the exhaust mounted, but doing it that way costs $50-$75.

I had my exhaust dismounted, delivered to the muffler shop where the work would be done, then returned for reinstallation.  While I'm happy with the results, it cost A LOT more to have it done that way.

'02 Cooper S, Alta pulley, Alta CAI, M7 brace, Madness brace, One-ball, D1 Spec Throttle Controller, ExtremeContact DW, Koni FSD, Boot Box, Glove Box Organizer . . .

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas
 Post Reply Post Reply