Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussions > MINI Photos and Videos
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My 2006 MCS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GregV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My 2006 MCS
    Posted: February/22/16 at 6:05pm
Well I finally got my plates for my car so I figured it was time to start the process of replacing some parts.
I got the M7 strut brace with reinforcement plates installed.
Then I swapped the wires out (originals in the car were 4yrs old) and replaced the coil with a Screamin Demon coil.

I had the metal inserts in the rear aero bumper that turned yellow over time so I removed them and replaced them with the black ones.

I forgot to mention that I had the windows tinted. Not too happy with the job they did so I am headed back to get at least one window fixed.
I had added the license plate frames to the car and the locking covers over the screws to reduce the odds of having them stolen.

la Sarthe for the front and Nurburgring for the rear plate, both powder coated black.

I also fixed the chips in the paint on the hood. Turned out pretty good.

Also forgot to mention the black trim pieces around the fog lamps were missing when I got it. I added them as well.

Next up is a DDM intake with intake tube and intercooler shroud. After that I might see who had replaced their supercharger pulley and wants to help with swapping in a 15% one in my car.

weescot View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weescot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/23/16 at 11:16am
The PO (or you?) replaced the OEM grill.  Also, it looks like you might have an after-market exhaust system, since the tips do not appear to be OEM. Where did you get the black surrounds for the fog lights?

As one who has been down the modifying road, I suggest you consider upgrading the rear sway bar, too.

Have fun you-ifying your car!
GregV View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GregV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/23/16 at 12:21pm

The previous owner replaced the grill with the black one. The exhaust was actually a factory option from Mini (had to ask Mini to confirm it). The exhaust is OEM quiet as it is just the tips.

Mini still makes the black trim pieces for the fog lamps. I believe they were $79.

The suspension is on my list. I opted for the strut bar and reinforcements first in hopes of avoiding any mushrooming strut tops.

Going to be looking at sway bar designs (solid or tube), diameter, manufacturer. Going to make it worth my time and do the lower rear control arms at the same time to get some adjustability into the rear suspension. Tires aren't cheap.

Any opinion on the lower sub frame brace?

weescot View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weescot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/23/16 at 2:32pm
Not sure if this is what you are referring to: http://www.waymotorworks.com/tsw-xbrace.html

I have this cross brace on my car, and I don't know if it makes a tremendous difference, after installation of the rear sway bar and upgraded shocks.  It did prevent tearing up my undercarridge when I ran over a rock, so I figure that it paid for itself 

By the way (excuse the pun), but Waylen, at waymotorworks, is a terrific resource, and he has the best prices. 

Flakers View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flakers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/25/18 at 4:42am
Originally posted by weescot weescot wrote:

Not sure if this is what you are referring to: http://www.waymotorworks.com/tsw-xbrace.html

I have cooked epic meals with pellet smokers and this cross brace on my car, and I don't know if it makes a tremendous difference, after installation of the rear sway bar and upgraded shocks.  It did prevent tearing up my undercarridge when I ran over a rock, so I figure that it paid for itself 

By the way (excuse the pun), but Waylen, at waymotorworks, is a terrific resource, and he has the best prices. 

I hope you kept your Mini in this condition, Greg. It looked really healthy under the hood back then. You still around, brother?

Edited by Flakers - October/30/22 at 3:25am
 Post Reply Post Reply