Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Autocross and Racing > Racing Information
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Oregon Raceway Park

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YakiMini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Oregon Raceway Park
    Posted: February/11/09 at 1:16am
I was just informed of a NEW Race Track south of Biggs, OR and from the video it's going to be amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!BowDown
Enjoy!!!
http://www.oregonraceway.com/index_files/Page738.htm
MINI-less... If God allows, I will have one again some day. :D
Wildfamily View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/11/09 at 11:05pm
I drove through Grass Valley on Sunday on our way back from Prineville but didn't see any signs for the track. On racedays the population at the track will be bigger than the town's population I'm sure since Grass Valley has 160 people. LOL
'15 F55 Cooper Volcanic Orange
'80 Mini English White
YakiMini View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YakiMini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/12/09 at 4:06am
I can't wait!!! It's going to be a lot of fun to drive that one!
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/12/09 at 4:00am
Looks like ORP is having an open house on August 29th. Here is the link to the information...

Dean and I took a non-sanctioned "preview walking lap" of the course on Monday...and it's going to be sweet!
'80 Mini English White
YakiMini View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YakiMini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/12/09 at 7:55am
REALLY? Hmmm, I like the sound of that!
onramp View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onramp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/12/09 at 10:06am
Great track for both horsepower and momentum cars.  Gravel road leading in, and no amenities - real gas, real food and motels are 30 miles away.  
2006 Hyper Blue JCW
johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/12/09 at 10:54am
They have gas now Pat 92 octane price is 5 gals for 20 bucks
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

onramp View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onramp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/12/09 at 11:39am
I rest my case, your Honor.  Besides, what's "Charlie's Gasoline"?

All fun aside, this is a serious track.  The amenities aren't there yet, because they opened the pavement "early" due to ENORMOUS pressure from track junkies who don't give a rip what kind of gas isn't available.  So what if you spend the night in a buddie's trailer.  You gonna have "hat hair" no matter what (except me, of course...LOL)

Pat
2006 Hyper Blue JCW
johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/12/09 at 12:03pm
Pat you should be driving by it when you go to bend.

Would like to point out there is a reason that area is dry land wheat. It can get very warm out there during the summer, and I don't know if I would be sleeping on the open ground out there over night. I have also had more problem with ticks geting on things then other places I have been.

johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/12/09 at 12:37pm
Pat for fun follow Martin's link on that page to the right there is a link that says ORP Homepage. Follow that to there homepage now on that page on the header there is a choice called Track Schdule and News. Follow that link on that page to the left (there is one to the right buy the picture too) there is a story title saying that they now have gas follow it and injoy the picture they have there.

Good Luck

John

Edited by johnf36 - August/12/09 at 12:41pm

onramp View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onramp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/12/09 at 12:55pm
I've seen the fuel "tank".  You are right - we go by there on the way down to Bend.  The track is very poorly marked.  And sleeping on the ground is a bad idea no matter where you are especially when you have had the opportunity to sleep in some very special places care of the US Army Armored Cavalry.  As a former Motor Sergeant for the 303d Armored Cav, I got to pick my spot, which usually was the front blade of an M88 tank retriever - about 3' off the ground.  A good spot, normally. except in torrential downpours, which was usually.  No more sleeping on the ground for this old bod.  Been there, done that, and the T-shirt is all worn out.
2006 Hyper Blue JCW
johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/12/09 at 6:00pm

PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/12/09 at 11:46pm
Yes, they have a lot of work to do there still. They have all the paving in, the turnstations are built, jersey barriers installed, curbing installed, hot pits are paved, "gas station" installed, but that's about it. The 2 mile gravel road to the track is still a work in progress, but is graded and assuming the next step is a coat of oil. It's definitely a one horse town (Grass Valley) with little or nothing close by. There is a small RV park where you turn to head to the track off of US-97, but it could use some upgrades too. Anybody care to open a hotel in Grass Valley? LOL
'80 Mini English White
johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/13/09 at 4:08am
There is always Kahneeta when your not at the track?

BurnerS View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI President

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BurnerS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/13/09 at 4:20am
So when is the trip down there going to be?  Drive
New 2013 Clubby S - JCW Engine tune - JCW Brake Kit - JCW Exhaust - JCW Cold Air Intake - Lowered - Racing Wheels
johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/13/09 at 4:59am
I should do this, for those that don't know Kahneeta here:  http://kahneeta.com

Post Reply Post Reply