Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Site Information and Feedback > Archived Forum Topics > 2009 PSMINI Christmas Party
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedPS Mini Christmas Bash 2009

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past Events Officer)

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/01/09 at 8:17am
Originally posted by Escape Pod Escape Pod wrote:

I think the problem of securing a date on a Saturday was the reason we ended up with a Sunday party last year.  It seems to me it was still well attended.  Perhaps it's worth finding out about venues that are available on Sunday? 

Yes, I'm finding out the same thing... Saturdays are pretty much unavailable.  I'll re-ask on the following Sundays to see if there is any opening: Dec. 6, 12, and 19.  Hopefully something will be found or become available whether it be in Tacoma, Bellevue, Tukwilla or Seattle.  I'm flexible and don't mind traveling an hour+ for a get together with my MINI friends.  Wink

Oh... and I vote for a Sunday only because I have to work both Dec. 5 & 12 (which are Saturdays).  However, I do have Dec. 19th off and it's okay with me to have it close to Christmas, but I'm guessing a lot of family gatherings are happening on that last Saturday before Christmas.

Also, a "thank you" to Judy-Jo for her efforts on getting this going before it's too late. Clap We do appreciate all that you do for the club. Tongue 
Brenda w/LUV2MTR plates- Aug '06 S, Hyper Blue, white top/sport stripes, chrome in/out, all pkgs, English leather, chrono pack, HK stereo, Jan tune, CAI, 15%, H&R coilovers, rear sway bar, control arm
KOOLBLU View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/01/09 at 8:41am

Thanks John for looking into that one. I am sad, but not surprised they don’t have either the 5th or 12th available. It would have been an excellent venue for us. I am afraid there just wouldn't be enough time for everyone to get to Bellevue on a Friday evening, with the traffic and the crazy commute for the south enders.  But, could you check into whether they have an opening for Sunday?  That's certainly another good option. At this point, having "many" options are a good thing.  Judy-Jo

Edited by KOOLBLU - July/01/09 at 8:50am
Mark & Judy-Jo
'07 R52 Cool Blue Cabrio
'80/'95 Green/White Tartan LE

SS Mini View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/01/09 at 8:54am

Friday would work for me if it happened down the street from my house. Wink But I thought the same.

I'll ask about Sundays also. I think we'll get a lot more options if Sundays work.

Oh, Steph and I will help in any way we can. So just ask.   Smile
KOOLBLU View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/01/09 at 9:02am
Thanks Beth.  I will start looking into Sundays as well. Maybe there will be more of a chance for that day.  Thumbs%20Up 
Mark & Judy-Jo
'07 R52 Cool Blue Cabrio

KOOLBLU View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/01/09 at 9:18am
Let's start thinking about getting this Christmas Bash 2009 Committee together, hopefully some evening next week. ??? I am hoping to get a few more estimates in by then.  Please, I would love to have as many of you on it as possible.  If you are interested, let me know and the evening that would work best.  Oh, a location would be good too. Ideas?  This is going to be so much fun! WooHoo
Mark & Judy-Jo
'07 R52 Cool Blue Cabrio

SS Mini View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/01/09 at 11:03am
Hi Judy Jo, just sent you a PM. I have all the information for the venue and all Sundays are open in Dec.
CosmicTraveler View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/01/09 at 2:01pm
As sole organizer of a similar holiday event for a different group, I simply do not have time to help a lot with another.  But, I do appreciate all the efforts you and others will put forth, and I'll drive anywhere and eat anything put in front of me.  Thank you Judy-Jo and Mark.
   Take It Easy ... Buck

'06 MCS JCW CR/CR
johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/01/09 at 6:32pm
Judy-Jo PM sent.
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

SS Mini View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/02/09 at 6:30am
Hi Judy Jo, I saw your second PM this afternoon. I emailed all the information to your comcast account around 9am today. Take a look and let me know if I need to resend.

Thanks - John
Hapa Haole View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/07/09 at 12:52am

Hi Judy-Jo,

Just to follow up after my phone call... 

Tacoma Fire's union hall is available Saturday, Dec. 12 and Sunday, Dec. 20 for only $200.  There is no damage deposit required.  That's a great deal because the normal price (for the general public) is $850 with another $300 for a damage deposit.  I'm having them hold Dec. 12th but they will only hold it until July 12th.  Here's the actual website for more details:  www.iafflocal31.com  and here's a direct link to information on the hall:  http://www.iafflocal31.com/?zone=/unionactive/view_page.cfm&page=Rent20Our20Hall

Cheers,
Brenda 

P.S. It's not a super fancy place, but it's a facility with lots of ammenties at a very reasonable price.  I've attended many parties there (my hubby's retirement, probation parties, wedding receptions, my FD Christmas party, etc.).  Here's info I cut and pasted from their website:

Welcome to the Tacoma Firefighters Hall

Our hall is available for your private function, serving the greather Tacoma area for 25 years.

Directions

From I-5, take the 56th Street, east bound exit. Go east on 56th st. to "M" st., go six blocks to 50th Street
. Turn right, go one block and you are there.

Services

We have seating capacity for 200 people. The hall has tile floor with a carpeted riser area for a DJ or small band. It has air conditioning and newly remodeled restrooms with wheel chair access. Included in your rental fee are 200 chairs and 20 tables. A large restaurant style kitchen is equipped with a gas and electric range, microwave oven and large double door refrigerator.

You won't find a better hall for functions with 200 people or less at any price, anywhere in Tacoma. The hall is available to you from 8am to 1 am. You can choose your own caterer or make use of our huge kitchen. A commercial coffee maker and cold beer draft system are included.

Setup and use profiles:

Table setup

As many as two hundred chairs and twenty tables may be setup any way you like. Lighting is controlled with dimmer switches.

table%20setup

Serving area

A serving window is provided between the commercial kitchen and the hall. Leave the window closed for a more formal setting or open it up and let all of the family and friends in the kitchen join the party.

serving%20area

DJ Stage

There is plenty of room on the stage for a DJ or small band.

stage

Restrooms

The updated tile bathrooms are spacious, clean and have wheel chair access. A large full length mirror is provided in the ladies room.

bathroom

Rental Pricing

Friday through Sunday $850.00 with a $300 deposit.  (but we get it for $200 and no deposit required)

Monday through Thursday $600.00 with a $300 deposit. 

Method of Payment is Visa/Mastercard or Cash.  No Checks.

Address

Firefighters Hall
1109 S. 50th st.
Tacoma, Wa 98408
Phone: (253)474-2890
Fax: (253)473-2593
Email:
Carole@iafflocal31.com

Brenda w/LUV2MTR plates- Aug '06 S, Hyper Blue, white top/sport stripes, chrome in/out, all pkgs, English leather, chrono pack, HK stereo, Jan tune, CAI, 15%, H&R coilovers, rear sway bar, control arm
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/07/09 at 1:04am

F.Y.I. - I'm not trying to "push" to have it at Tacoma just because it's closer to me.  It's just a huge savings considering the general public would have to put out $1,150 (with the $300 damage deposit returned).  The $200 the club would be charged is a steal. 

Also, if the club ends up having it on the 12th, I'll have to try to get the day off as I'm working.  It's totally okay with me if the club happens to decide to hold the party on a Sunday somewhere up north near Seattle.  Wink
KOOLBLU View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/07/09 at 2:58am
Thanks so much Brenda for researching this out for me. I really appreciate it.I will give them a call, and the committee can look it over on Wednesday. Thanks again.
Mark & Judy-Jo
'07 R52 Cool Blue Cabrio

KOOLBLU View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/07/09 at 3:24am

WooHooWooHooWooHoo

The first 2009 Mini Christmas Bash Committee has been scheduled for this Wednesday, July 8th, 6:30 pm.  @ the Rock Bottom Restaurant and Brewery in Bellevue; Their address is 550 106th Ave SE Ste 103 and phone # is 425.462.9300. If you would like to be a part of all the fun putting the event  all together for YOUR club, please join us. The more, the merrier!  Attendees so far are SS Mini, Cocoa Puff, Mini Charley and Woodstock.  (oh, me too) 

BowDown Thanks bunches to  the volunteers that are currently participating .
and also to all that have researched out great venue locations.

No not crazy, this is posted here at the end, and one at the beginning too.  Just want to make sure ALL will see it.

Edited by KOOLBLU - July/07/09 at 11:55am
Mark & Judy-Jo
'07 R52 Cool Blue Cabrio

lsmart View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/13/09 at 4:54am
I would like to volunteer to help out with this event. I will travel anywhere to help - point me in the right direction is all I ask. Drive

Liz
KOOLBLU View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/10/09 at 10:11am
We really need to start working on this again.
Mark & Judy-Jo
'07 R52 Cool Blue Cabrio

WOODSTOCK View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past President)

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/10/09 at 11:40am

We've announced this at a few events, but I've been meaning to get a post out to everyone that the new Seattle MINI in Lake City is going to clear out their showroom and we're planning to have the Christmas Party there on December 12th.  Still working out all the details on timing, etc., but it will be a great venue and it was nice of Manfred to offer that to us.  Save the date!

Linda
WOODSTOCK: Linda's 2005 LY MCSC with feel good graphics and go fast mods.
CINIMIN: Jack's 2006 Chili Red/White Coupe
KEMO-SABE: Our 2011 Bright White/Blk All4 Countryman
lsmart View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/10/09 at 11:52pm
YEAH!!!   The new Mini dealership is great for our xmas partay!!!
Genie B View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/11/09 at 12:21am
That is totally awesome news!!!  Job well done!

Hope they leave a few shiny new MINI for us to drool over Wink

PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/13/09 at 5:19am
Originally posted by WOODSTOCK WOODSTOCK wrote:

We've announced this at a few events, but I've been meaning to get a post out to everyone that the new Seattle MINI in Lake City is going to clear out their showroom and we're planning to have the Christmas Party there on December 12th.  Still working out all the details on timing, etc., but it will be a great venue and it was nice of Manfred to offer that to us.  Save the date!

Linda

Linda - Are we going to start a different thread or clean this one up a bit? I'm hoping I can get the day traded off as I'm working on Dec. 12th.  I wouldn't want to miss it for the world. Wink

MissMini View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/22/09 at 2:56am
AWESOME! What great news!
I'm SO excited for this year's Xmas Mini bash!
One thing I thought would be funny, if people want to, no biggie if they don't.
IS an ugly sweater contest/party. So everyone would don their ugliest/tackiest Christmas Sweater and I'd like to give a prize for Tackiest/Ugliest sweater. It's a fun winter party game we can vote on them. Just an idea though !
2005 Hot Orange Cabrio
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/28/09 at 11:56am
Are we going to start a new thread on this?  A link should probably be provided to the new thread before closing/locking this one if so...

On a positive note...  I was able to get December 12 traded off (I originally had to work that day)!!!  WooHoo 

Today is my payback day (I'm working).  I can hardly wait to dress up my MINI in its Christmas costume!  Big%20smile
KOOLBLU2 View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/28/09 at 1:41pm
My daughter has said several times in years past that I have some "ugly" Christmas Sweaters.  Ermm And I always thought that I was stylish and festive.  So, I am in for the "ugly" sweater contest if others are.  Good idea!
Judy-Jo
jbrown23 View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/01/09 at 2:32am
Count me in, Just don't know if I can get the MINI over the pass...
Dinan Exh,Cai,str, RMW cam,440,Jan tune,frnt+rear camber,1.5" lwr, 22m swy. 207.7WHP

Genie B View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/01/09 at 7:35am
I too still  have at least one ugly Christmas sweater that I thought was pretty cool at the time! Not sure i want to be seen in it again though Wink
ginainbelltown View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/08/09 at 2:21am
I stopped by the dealership last weekend.  They were still working on things and aren't open yet, but I got a tour.  They are very excited about working with the club on this and other events.  This should be a lot of fun.
Forget my past; it is my checkered present you need to worry about!

2013 MCS/ Red, White & Checkerboard /CHECKRD
KOOLBLU2 View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/12/09 at 11:01am

Effective today, please go to the new  "OFFICIAL CHRISTMAS PARTY POST -2009" for all information concerning the upcoming party on Sunday, December 13th, 2009.   See you there for important news.

Judy-Jo
rickc View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/12/09 at 11:20am
so where on the website is this post?
KOOLBLU2 View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/12/09 at 11:24am
I am typing it up now. It will be a new topic in the event calendar.
Judy-Jo
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12