FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedPSMINI History lesson:

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Topic: PSMINI History lesson:
    Posted: February/19/10 at 1:51pm
  I have been away for too long. Let me introduce myself. My name is Mike Shaffer I am one of the founders of this club along with Kirk ,Dave and Mike Lumsden aka Mustard Mike,I sure miss him(may he rest in peace) but he is probably turning over in his grave.. We started this club because the mini club that exsisted had people making inuendo's and setting people up to shift blame and cause strife for there own agenda. We started this club with one thing in common to have fun with our cars and share it with like minded people. We used our own money and a heck of a lot of our time to get sponsors and build the club.  The club has grown larger than we could of imagined. With that you get people and personalities that conflict and some that are just down right devious.

Well I know Dave and would trust him with my life. His word has always been gold. So if Dave says someone sent him the link.As stated only 2 people knew about it. Which one of you did it ?  Roy or Linda(well Linda did have to resign,because of spending the club funds withoutapproval ? more than once)tell me it's not true.
   The simple fact is anyone with administative powers can get into anyone's PM if they are devious enough. So was it Wildfamily,Roy,Peabody,Minicharley,K1200LT or Woodstock. I know it wasn't K1200LT. Regardless, I feel your handling of this was less than stellar.

Happy Motoring Mikesminrox.

PSMINI Events Officer

Online Status: Offline
Direct%20Link%20To%20This%20Post Posted: 12/February/10 at 2:08pm
Kristin,

It is absolutely correct that none of the other board members (other than Linda to whom he sent the PM) new about the link or it's contents. We only agreed to the plan so Roy could see if he could find out who was reading Private Messages. The point was to eliminate that exact possibility and pinpoint the source. The source was revealed
PSMINI Events Officer

Online Status: Offline
Direct%20Link%20To%20This%20Post Posted: 12/February/10 at 2:08pm
Kristin,

It is absolutely correct that none of the other board members (other than Linda to whom he sent the PM) new about the link or it's contents. We only agreed to the plan so Roy could see if he could find out who was reading Private Messages. The point was to eliminate that exact possibility and pinpoint the source. The source was revealed
When in doubt power out.
15%pully,RMW tune/cam/
450inj,HFheadw/lrg ex valves CAI,HFcat,short shft,LSD,22mm rsway,Painted boot,bon stripes,Tinted,chrome accents 03 MCS CR/W
WOODSTOCK View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past President)

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/19/10 at 2:58pm
First - I did not resign because of a trumped up charge that I spent club funds without approval.  I never did, never have, and never would.  I resigned because Dave completely abused his position and those elected to work with him and would no longer allow Jack or I as board members to do the job we had been elected to do. 

PMs are NOT available to anyone with admin access.  PM content stored in the SQL database is available to Dave as is all the data in the database because he has the rights to access it,  but there's no legitimate reason for him to do so.

Roy nor I emailed Dave anything of the kind.  All Dave has to do is produce this alleged email and we'll have the information on who supposedly emailed it to him.

This issue and topic is on hold waiting for Dave to turn over the rights to the club web data and hosting site and I am locking this thread as we have the other.  He has turned over 3 of the 6 domain names the club owns and received thanks for that.  He needs to relinquish the rights to the web host & data and we can all move on, as stated previously.  According to our calendar, the week allowance is coming to a close.

Last, I would say that as another member mentioned, if this is no longer the type of club you want to belong to, please feel free to seek or create another.  Many of us want to see this club flourish without the hatred and demeaning attacks from the few.

Edited by WOODSTOCK - February/19/10 at 2:59pm
WOODSTOCK: Linda's 2005 LY MCSC with feel good graphics and go fast mods.
CINIMIN: Jack's 2006 Chili Red/White Coupe
KEMO-SABE: Our 2011 Bright White/Blk All4 Countryman
 Post Reply Post Reply