Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Autocross and Racing > Racing Information
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New track in Shelton

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CINIMIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/11 at 5:43pm
Pat - any videos available from that exercise???
Jack -

<font color=RED>CINIMIN [/COLOR]

2006 CR/W MCS - 6spd - LSD -15% Pulley - Dinan CAI
ASA JH6's Koni FSD's 22mm Bar
Have you hugged a curve today?

SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/11 at 5:54pm
Pat:

What Jack said, PLUS, what kind of "Rabbit" were you driving and being so evasive behind the wheel???  My guess is that it did not have road wheelsBig smile.

Stephen

I wish there was a local MINI Dealership, like our Honda, Subaru, Mazada and VW.
CINIMIN View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CINIMIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/11 at 7:08pm
A little AFV humor?
Jack -

<font color=RED>CINIMIN [/COLOR]

2006 CR/W MCS - 6spd - LSD -15% Pulley - Dinan CAI
ASA JH6's Koni FSD's 22mm Bar
Have you hugged a curve today?

SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/11 at 7:33pm
WSP trying to catch a trained race driverPopcorn WooHoo.

S.

I wish there was a local MINI Dealership, like our Honda, Subaru, Mazada and VW.
DneprDave View Drop Down
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DneprDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/11 at 7:44pm
Originally posted by SMOG SMOG wrote:

WSP trying to catch a trained race driverPopcorn WooHoo.

S.

Oooo, I'd like to see that!

Dave
Chili red/ Black roof 2010 Clubman S automatic transmission.

Shadetree mechanic
onramp View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onramp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/11 at 9:03pm
Local PD trainers learning to teach the PIT technique.  OLD patrol cars (I had a caprice, for crying out loud...).  Moderate speeds - 45 to 50.  The cars were too old for video setups, but I'm not sure these guys would have been taping what we were doing.  We were in the huge lot at Emerald Downs where they park all the transporters during the racing season.
2006 Hyper Blue JCW
SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/18/11 at 6:14am
Originally posted by onramp onramp wrote:

Local PD trainers learning to teach the PIT technique.  OLD patrol cars (I had a caprice, for crying out loud...).  Moderate speeds - 45 to 50.  The cars were too old for video setups, but I'm not sure these guys would have been taping what we were doing.  We were in the huge lot at Emerald Downs where they park all the transporters during the racing season.

Ahhh Soooo!!  A big flat skid pan and at the same time operating a tuna boat.  Probably still a whole lot of funThumbs Up.

S.

Wildfamily View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/09/11 at 9:14am
Here is the latest video showing the progress on the new track. You can see that the course is really taking shape now and they are about ready to put down the crushed rock for the road surface. The drop down from the ridge onto the lower front straight looks like it will be a blast!

'15 F55 Cooper Volcanic Orange
'80 Mini English White
Hot Shot View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hot Shot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/09/11 at 10:49am
When are they targeting to be open ?
-James
www.jboyerphotography.com

ACTUAL SIZE Sticker GB
<
DneprDave View Drop Down
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DneprDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/09/11 at 12:14pm
They say they will be ready for the 2012 racing season.

Dave
Chili red/ Black roof 2010 Clubman S automatic transmission.

Shadetree mechanic
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/09/11 at 12:58pm
Goal is to open it for testing this fall and have racing/HPDE events next season.
'80 Mini English White
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/07/11 at 8:31am
Well that's progress! First laps put down on the new pavement completed over the weekend!

'80 Mini English White
johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/07/11 at 9:49am
Killer track

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/07/11 at 10:50am
Very cool looking track!  When the facility is finished  it will put Shelton on the map!

PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/07/11 at 1:24pm
I talked with a few guys who were lucky enough to drive it this past weekend and they all agreed it is a top notch track. It's going to be a hoot to drive!
'80 Mini English White
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/07/11 at 2:05pm

Care to view a few hot laps from the perspective of a Corvette?!?!  Drool

'80 Mini English White
CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/07/11 at 3:09pm
Originally posted by Wildfamily Wildfamily wrote:

Care to view a few hot laps from the perspective of a Corvette?!?!  Drool

WOW!!! That looks great!  (It wouldn't be good to go off track in the current state - some big ditches and mounds of dirt to be hit...) 

I counted 18 distinct turns. This looks like a little bit of everything. Pacific Raceways is going to have some competition! 

Boomer View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer
PSMINI Nonmember

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boomer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/09/11 at 7:45am
THIS LOOKS INCREDIBLE!!!!!

Martin, thanks for posting this! Can't believe they have accomplished so much in such a short period of time on a project of this magnitude.

Can't wait to take a crack at this baby! That downhill series of "S's looks like a real treat and will more than likely be their "Signature" section for this track. Wonder what they'll name it?

Martin, if you know people at the track, tell them I'll volunteer to test how the track suits a momentum car Wink

Cheers!
07 MCS, JIC Cross C/O, JCW BBK, Milltek exhaust, RR DP, Helix I/C, RMW tune (208.5 WHP & 238.3 WTQ)Ray's (17 lbs) and Nitto NT01 for track duty
SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/09/11 at 7:52am
Those downhill "S" turns look like you might need to file a flight planLOL

PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/09/11 at 8:09am
Boomer...I think we PRO3 guys will be more than happy to subject our momentum cars to a some test laps...no shortage of volunteers! LOL :) Ryan Heronimous took his 318i around it for a few laps..it's just a street car but he loved it. He's the one who developed the Sim for the track so he knows the lines pretty well. Fred Wright also took a few laps..he has a MINI, but unfortunatley his wife had it for the day so he was in his Volvo. LOL...more of a brick than an E30!
'80 Mini English White
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/09/11 at 8:44am
Here is another video. Much better perspective showing the elevation and camber changes from the perspective of lead/follow with some motorcycles.

A few preliminary stats/info about the track per Randy Blaylock:
"Don't know the exact length of the track, but it's somewhere in the 2.6ish mile range. Number of turns is 16 depending upon what people want to call a turn. That's still to be sorted out. The front stretch is 2800ish feet long, slightly longer than the old Spokane layout. Don't quote me on these exact figures, it's just my recollection from casual conversation.

There will be a shallow radius (higher speed) chicane added near the end of the front stretch later if it's needed to control entry speed into the first set of turns. I was seeing 150 mph in the Z06 vette street car, a legit GT1 car should be able to go 185. There will also be a set of crossover roads built between the upper and lower parts of the circuit at a later date, so that the circuit can be split into two distinct shorter circuits, for versatility.

The trees and other things on the periphery are still under construction. The plan is to have at least 50 feet of clear runoff all around the circuit, and anything that may be within that zone will be appropriately protected using the most contemporary safety methods. Don't worry, the runoff areas are still far from finished.

It's still a little early for any open house type lapping, because of the remaining obvious hazards. While it's quite remarkable that the co-founders took this project from raw land to paved circuit in 7 months, there still remains a ton of work to be completed for the planned full calendar of events in 2012."
'80 Mini English White
johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/09/11 at 11:50am
that was great Martin, Thanks
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

Boomer View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer
PSMINI Nonmember

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boomer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/09/11 at 2:01pm
Martin, just on the off chance that you Pro 3 guys needed someone to pick on @ The Ridge, thought I'd be a good candidate. No question it will not be hard finding plenty of volunteers testersSmile.

The video with the bikes is AWESOME. The "dance" those guys are doing brings back great memories but my bones are too brittle to do that now.

The track looks WICKED!!!!! Just love those downhill "S's". Can't wait to get out there as test the flow. Looks like the whole track has a nice flow that will be fun to tie together. That straight will be a tester for those with high HP cars and the courage to let it run.

The when run off zones are finalized and curbing goes in it's going to attract many clubs just as ORP has done. Can't wait!

Cheers!

PS: Thunderhill was an absolute blast & hope we get a facility similar to this up here in the PNW.
07 MCS, JIC Cross C/O, JCW BBK, Milltek exhaust, RR DP, Helix I/C, RMW tune (208.5 WHP & 238.3 WTQ)Ray's (17 lbs) and Nitto NT01 for track duty
Boomer View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer
PSMINI Nonmember

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boomer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/09/11 at 2:02pm
Any idea when the first event of 2012 will be?

Cheers!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12