Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Site Information and Feedback > Site Feedback
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pointer to "Last Post" not working

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CINIMIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pointer to "Last Post" not working
    Posted: June/24/11 at 11:19pm
Is it just me?  When I click on the pointer to the "Last Post" I am not taken to the last post in a thread but to a post near the bottom of the first page.  I'm using Internet Explorer 9 and I just did a test with Firefox and it worked the way it is suposed to...
Jack -

<font color=RED>CINIMIN [/COLOR]

2006 CR/W MCS - 6spd - LSD -15% Pulley - Dinan CAI
ASA JH6's Koni FSD's 22mm Bar
Have you hugged a curve today?

onramp View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onramp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/25/11 at 6:01am
Not just you - I just experienced the same thing.  The new posts button doesn't always move me to the latest and greatest either. 

Pat
2006 Hyper Blue JCW
SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/25/11 at 6:54am
I have also found that as well, and the glitch of inserting emoticon and the cursor is suddenly at the beginning of the Post.  Hitting Enter to go to the next line then messes everything up from the beginning.  Thumbs Down and this is happening with Safari.  Will check on Firefox.  Now on Firefox, Approve and it works just fine.

S.

Edited by SMOG - June/25/11 at 4:03pm
I wish there was a local MINI Dealership, like our Honda, Subaru, Mazada and VW.
johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/25/11 at 1:34pm
Mine works, running foxfire.
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

Escape Pod View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Escape Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/28/11 at 9:16pm

Just so we're all on the same page, it's not technically a "jump to last post" button.  It's a "jump to first unread post" button, and it's basing that strictly on what's new in a thread since the last time you were on the site.  If you're logged in, it keeps track of when you were last online.  If there are 8 new posts in a thread that have been written since the last time you were online, the jump button takes you to the first of those 8 new posts, not to the end of the thread.

At one point Roy implemented a "jump to the bottom of the page" button.  (There's a jump to the top of the page yellow arrow in the bottom right of each post, but for some reason, no jump to the bottom button).  That was custom coding though, so it got overwritten when we updated the forum software.   Jack, could that be what you're remembering?
Roy & Beth Morey
Red/Blk JCW Roadster (His)
Silver/Red JCW Coupe (Hers)
CINIMIN View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CINIMIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/28/11 at 9:44pm
Well Beth, It is working now - even in Explorer - but for a while it would take me to a post I had already read (several times) - don't know what was going on but it was kind of strange - especially since everything worked fine in Firefox... 

Thanks for following up!
Jack -

<font color=RED>CINIMIN [/COLOR]

2006 CR/W MCS - 6spd - LSD -15% Pulley - Dinan CAI
ASA JH6's Koni FSD's 22mm Bar
Have you hugged a curve today?

CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/29/11 at 8:13am
I use Safari browser and the jump to first unread doesn't work at all most of the time, probably because the browser is performing pre-caching. Unless I have the browser shut down and closed completely, it will only show me the new posts in the last 15 minutes or so. 

Post Reply Post Reply