Forum Home Forum Home > Events > Events Archives > Drive / Events Suggestions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHood Canal Run Suggestion

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hood Canal Run Suggestion
    Posted: March/08/12 at 8:50pm
No wine festival for me, but I have the shirt sitting out on my dresser as a reminder.  Maybe I will move it into the MINI just in case we encounter each other @ NWMINI, Griot's, etc.

I am trying to get a bunch of people and start a run here in Port Orchard, going up the Hood Canal and ending in Port Townsend.  Stay tuned :-)

I wish there was a local MINI Dealership, like our Honda, Subaru, Mazada and VW.
CINIMIN View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CINIMIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/08/12 at 8:56pm
Here I am - totally tuned!Geek
Jack -

<font color=RED>CINIMIN [/COLOR]

2006 CR/W MCS - 6spd - LSD -15% Pulley - Dinan CAI
ASA JH6's Koni FSD's 22mm Bar
Have you hugged a curve today?

SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/08/12 at 9:02pm
Jack:

What do you think about a run starting in Port Orchard(we have a great assembly point which puts on the freeway without a stop light), going up the west side of the Hood Canal and ending in Port Townsend for lunch??  Maybe a stop or 2 along the way?  Like Hoodsport Winery (near Potlatch?).  Maybe making it a bit more interesting by going up to Lake Cushman before going on to Port Townsend.  The problem with Lake Cushman is where to assemble for the return to hwy 101.  Suggestions??

Stephen

Edited by SMOG - March/21/12 at 5:56pm
I wish there was a local MINI Dealership, like our Honda, Subaru, Mazada and VW.
CINIMIN View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CINIMIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/08/12 at 9:21pm
I am not very familiar with that part of the state - but it sound like a fun day trip.  There are a few ways for people to get back over to the east side of the sound from Port Townsend.  Port Gamble and Poulsbo are alos good destinations if we want a shorter drive.  What are the back road options?  I think Mary was looking at putting something together for a drive ofer there too -
Jack -

SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/09/12 at 5:23am
Originally posted by CINIMIN CINIMIN wrote:

I am not very familiar with that part of the state - but it sound like a fun day trip.  There are a few ways for people to get back over to the east side of the sound from Port Townsend.  Port Gamble and Poulsbo are alos good destinations if we want a shorter drive.  What are the back road options?  I think Mary was looking at putting something together for a drive ofer there too -

Instead of going to Port Townsend we could go up the west side of the Canal and then across the Hood Canal floating bridge and have lunch in Port Gamble.  That way people would be pointed in the correct direction for a return trip via Kingston Ferry or the Bainbridge Ferry.

SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/21/12 at 6:01pm
If we were to meet in Kitsap for breakfast and then take a run up the west side of the hood canal we could meet at the Bremerton Airport for breakfast and then take just the canal loop or if we wanted to backtrack a bit we could meet at Hales Ales for breakfast and then back down hwy 3 to Belfair and over to the Hood Canal and then north (not driving into the sun that way, HA! if we ever see sun again).

Mary has been busy working and might be working weekends.  We have not heard from The Committee in a while.  Kitsap has a lot of small roads but they are fairly heavily populated making sporty driving a bit risky.

Edited by SMOG - March/21/12 at 6:05pm
minicommittee View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minicommittee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/26/12 at 9:49pm
Committee present and accounted for (I think?)....Ermm

I am able to partake if we make a run for a Sunday...as I do usually work on Saturday.  

I'll try to get together with Stephen and Lee and see if the 'whole group' (haha) can come up with some good ideas.  I miss the chain of mini's snaking through the twisties!  But boy will my baby need a good bath...she gets so dirty on the dirt roads I have to drive on now at times Disapprove

Looking forward to see some past mini friends and meeting new ones!

ipeverywhere View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ipeverywhere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/03/12 at 8:35pm
Still a work in progress?

I'm east side so landing close to a way to get back home I would prefer. Although.. I have a friend in Belfair, maybe I could crash there if we did this on a Saturday.

Question for you since this seems to be the group that knows that area.. Have you ever done 101 completely around the Olympic National Park? Is it interesting?

MiniCrazy09 View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MiniCrazy09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/21/12 at 11:59am
I would love a local drive!  Our oldest is graduating from high school this June (8th) and I work every other weekend...but I would love to make this work.

Any ideas for a day yet?
My (Becky) Mini: Bert 2009 Mellow Yellow Mini Cooper S Plate: "MINION"
SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/21/12 at 4:09pm
I went around the canal last month to check out the possibilities.  Not many places to take a lunch break that are outstanding, some local taverns, the Goeduck Lounge in Brinnon has the best parking but the food is about a 2, possibly a 3, Spark Plug rating out of a 5.

During the summer season the 101 Highway would be choked with RV's and the drive could be terribly boring.  Lots of opportunities for WSP to enrich their coffers.

Any suggestions?  Thoughts?

CINIMIN View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CINIMIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/18/12 at 10:45pm
Reply to evanmarcus deleted - see Kurt's post below. (Thanks Kurt)

Edited by CINIMIN - September/21/12 at 9:28pm
Jack -

CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/21/12 at 9:10pm
Spam is in the signature.. I have hidden the post. 
 Post Reply Post Reply