Forum Home Forum Home > Events > Out of Area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Interest in AMVIV9 Rallye/Drive?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ipeverywhere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Interest in AMVIV9 Rallye/Drive?
    Posted: May/03/12 at 7:55pm
I _am_ driving to AMVIV9 this year. My parents will be driving as well so that makes 2 MINIs and anything > 1 MINI a Rallye!

After much soul-searching, I've decided, if the group is interested, I'd go ahead and organize this years run down to Las Vegas as I've not seen anyone mention they were organizing anything yet (please let me know if I'm wrong; I hope I'm wrong).

I need people to comment on a few things to determine if this is worth doing and a good idea:
     1) Are you going to AMVIV and are you interested in going with a group?
     2) Would you be interested in leaving on Saturday the 9th and arriving Tuesday the 12th or leaving Sunday the 10th and arriving the Wednesday the 13th?
     3) Since we got snowed out last year, and I've never been, I was thinking doing something similar to last years original route through Yosemite. Got other ideas?
     4) Are you from PDX MINI and want to join? Was last years meet-up location (Pietro's Pizza S of Portland off I-5) a good place to meet?

Also, Tracey, my girlfriend, is flying down again this year. If you are interested in flying in for the event you should sync-up flights and start the PSMINI Party Plane tradition.

OK, please let me know your thoughts. If there is interest I'm happy to do it. Thanks

Adding one more question 5) Are you interested in coming back as a group Sunday morning or Monday morning?

Edited by ipeverywhere - May/03/12 at 8:16pm
Spcnedle View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spcnedle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/04/12 at 5:05pm
I plan on leaving on 6/12 and arriving in Vegas on 6/13.  The return trip I thought I'd leave 6/17 and arrive back home on 6/18.  I know this doesn't leave a lot of time for a leisure pace.
If anyone's interested please let me know.  I'm open for any route that can get it done Cool
Thanks,
Jennifer
ginainbelltown View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginainbelltown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/04/12 at 5:48pm
I think Dori Tate is going as well. She's been several times and probably has some good advice.
Forget my past; it is my checkered present you need to worry about!

2013 MCS/ Red, White & Checkerboard /CHECKRD
ginainbelltown View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginainbelltown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/04/12 at 5:52pm
by the way, Dori is "minigecko"
Forget my past; it is my checkered present you need to worry about!

2013 MCS/ Red, White & Checkerboard /CHECKRD
johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/04/12 at 6:30pm
We are going just need to work out the details.
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

Tater View Drop Down
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/08/12 at 1:26pm
Hi everyone,

I'm going and have have lead the biggest group to AMVIV "22".  If someone else want's to lead that is fine... really it is.

We are leaving on the 12 staying in Jackpot for the night and ariving in VEGAS on the 13th.  

Here is what has happened before:
Meet at the McDonalds in North Bend at arround 7:00-7:30
Meet anyone hooking up with us from Portland where 84 & 82 meet Reststop.
Then hit Pendelton for lunch.
Other than that it is a straight go. 
We average 10 over the speed limit and some who don't want to go that fast tend to keep their own little pack in the back.

let me know if you need anything else!  I'm so excited..... my oldest son will be home from Guam (Navy) and will be traveling with me!
Dori
johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/08/12 at 1:40pm
We are trying to leave on the 11 but may have to push it to the 12 and hit Vegas on the 13th. If we do we my stop at Pendleton for lunch at  Wildhorse. But from there we where heading south to Winnemucca.

Dori I am guessing that is 22 cars not AMVIV 22 Wink

Tater View Drop Down
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/08/12 at 2:12pm
Can't leave on the 11th.

LOL yes that was 22 cars....................... and that was a fun ride!
Dori
johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/08/12 at 2:21pm
Leaving on the 11th depends on the dog sitter and untill we get that in concrete I won't know for sure. But it may be the 12th

ipeverywhere View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ipeverywhere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/08/12 at 2:25pm
If you are leading a route to AMVIV 22 starting this year I really want to see that route! Sounds like a fun multi-year run to Vegas.

Anyway... My parents want to hit Vegas as soon as possible and are pushing to leave the 9th for arrival on the 12th. So far I have not talked to anyone leaving over the weekend so it may just be the 2 MINIs doing the multi-day thing at this point. Still plenty of time to finalize though (although, I do need to secure hotel).
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ipeverywhere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/19/12 at 6:05pm
I'm leaving Saturday June 9th. South on 101, cutting across to pick up some friends near Lodi, continuing into Yosemite, Vegas eventually. I'll post details once I finish them.
Hapa Haole View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past Events Officer)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hapa Haole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/20/12 at 7:39pm
That sounds like a fun route Ryan. My apologies for not replying sooner... I just arrived in the USA after a whirlwind of a trip to Egypt, Greece (x3), Cypress, Turkey, Israel, and Italy.. It's good to be on US soil!

I'm thinking of doing a similar route as you, but I'd like to leave around Thursday, June 7th. I've been wanting to check out the Grand Canyon Skywalk but not sure if there's time to fit it all in (the coast drive & the Grand Canyon): Skywalk

I'd also like to spend a few days seeing the sights in Vegas as well as visit family that recently moved there. It sounds like I may be making this trip solo because of possible time constraints by the majority. Thoughts?

Brenda w/LUV2MTR plates- Aug '06 S, Hyper Blue, white top/sport stripes, chrome in/out, all pkgs, English leather, chrono pack, HK stereo, Jan tune, CAI, 15%, H&R coilovers, rear sway bar, control arm
SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/21/12 at 5:18am
B:

Welcome home!  While you are in LV be sure to go to the top the the Stratosphere at night and look down The Strip to see the lights, nice light show!!!  The Luxor light as seen from there, shining up into space, is amazing, the astronauts from the space station commented about it.

S.

I wish there was a local MINI Dealership, like our Honda, Subaru, Mazada and VW.
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hapa Haole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/25/12 at 11:23pm
Stephen - Thanks for the welcome home. It's good to be back home in the USA and to be able to use USDs and not Euros. Wink  Steve and I have been up to the top of the Stratosphere at night and during the day, but it's been a few years. What a sight indeed!! We'll have to do it again. Thumbs Up

Ryan - Well, after much debate... I think I'll join your group somewhere in CA (possibly along the coastline somewhere). I'd like to have a few extra days on the road since I'm on vacation right now through the 20th. I plan on a little tax-free shopping in Oregon on the way down as well. Can I touch bases with you via email or telephone? 
Brenda w/LUV2MTR plates- Aug '06 S, Hyper Blue, white top/sport stripes, chrome in/out, all pkgs, English leather, chrono pack, HK stereo, Jan tune, CAI, 15%, H&R coilovers, rear sway bar, control arm
catlvr2 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past Comm Officer)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catlvr2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/26/12 at 9:03am
Wish we were going because the weather will probably make for a much better drive this year!
Leanne

2012 Hot Choc. S; "CATLVR" plates

Gone but not forgotten:
Bad Kitty 2010 hot choc. cabrio
2008 oxy. blue cooper
2005 chili red cooper
johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/26/12 at 7:50pm
You must go Leanne, how else are you going to get through the break in faster.

PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hapa Haole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/31/12 at 1:10am
Steve and I have decided to head south on Wednesday, June 6th. We’ve discussed visiting Crater Lake in OR. Then we’ll be continuing south to the Grand Canyon Skywalk on the way to visit friends for a couple of days in Scottsdale, AZ. We have no specific route planned. We will be winging it for sure. See you all in Las Vegas on the 14th…  Thumbs Up
johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/31/12 at 1:23am
Brenda what road are you taking from crater lake

PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hapa Haole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/01/12 at 12:47am
I have no idea of what road from Crater Lake. Steve wants to make a beeline to the Grand Canyon and then to our friends' home in Scottsdale.
johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/01/12 at 12:57am
Then it sounds like you don't have time to check some things out. Go check the post at the other AMVIV

PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hapa Haole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/01/12 at 11:31am

Well, our plans changed just a little bit. Steve and I are now heading south this coming Tuesday (6/5) with our first night in Bend, OR. I bid on Priceline and we'll be staying at the Shilo Inn Suites Hotel in Bend for only $65 total. I was thrilled to see that there were positive comments about this place on Trip Advisor.

Wednesday morning we're heading out early to tour the Crater Lake area. Then I have no idea where we'll spend the night on Wednesday. Maybe Reno? Winging it kind of makes it fun in the MINI. Get it... Winging it? LOL

Product Details
johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/01/12 at 11:47am
Take 62 out the south end to 97 the to KFalls, Are you Guys staying at the Lodge or Cabins?

johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/01/12 at 11:53am
Hey Brenda here is a cool site for people that want to see what is out there along the road.

http://you.travel/Crater_Lake_National_Park

johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/04/12 at 8:34am
I told Norm I would let everyone here know about the invite.

Anyone from Oregon, Washington or northern California going driving down on Tuesday with a stop along the way? Jesse & I will be leaving the Redding area on Tuesday morning and we plan to spend the night in Tehachapi Tuesday night. We plan to meet up with some SoCal folks on Wednesday morning at 10:15AM at the Del Taco in Barstow. Anyone up for join us for a caravan? We will be driving our classic Minis, but expect to be able to pull 65mph most all the way. We will be taking I-5 to Sacramento then switch over to US99 to Bakersfield then SR58 to Tehachapi

PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hapa Haole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/04/12 at 9:50pm
Originally posted by johnf36 johnf36 wrote:

Take 62 out the south end to 97 the to KFalls, Are you Guys staying at the Lodge or Cabins?
We’re staying in Bend tomorrow night and then touring Crater Lake on Wednesday. We don’t have any plans to stay in the park.

Originally posted by johnf36 johnf36 wrote:

Hey Brenda here is a cool site for people that want to see what is out there along the road.
http://you.travel/Crater_Lake_National_Park

Thanks for this link John. We will check it out but we’re not sure how long we’ll be staying there on Wednesday.
johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/05/12 at 12:10am
Watch out for Snow

PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ipeverywhere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/05/12 at 10:55am
Have all hotels booked. Still working on plans for our down day Monday but here is loosely the route:

Saturday 9th Leave from ~Auburn, WA
     Travel West towards the coast and cross over to Astoria
     101 to Coos Bay and overnight

Sunday 10th Leave Coos Bay
     Travel 101 to Fortuna, CA
     Take Highway 36 E to Red Bluff and overnight

Monday 11th Leave Red Bluff
     Some route to Angels Camp, CA
     Probably spend the day in Murphys, CA to sample wine

Tuesday 12th Leave Angels Camp
     Head towards Mono Lake
     Head South and cut across Death Valley
     Vegas!

This route is averaging 10 hours of driving per day on some pretty decently twisty roads. It's not something I'd do if a lot of cars were joining. So far there are two of us. If you'd like to join-up please let me know. I know in CA we are crossing paths with a few of you. See everyone Tuesday/Wednesday! So excited!

Edited by ipeverywhere - June/05/12 at 10:58am
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ipeverywhere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/05/12 at 10:57am
Oh, and this is Highway 36 which I've never driven but it has been on my list for a while:
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ipeverywhere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/10/12 at 9:49pm
This is an amazing road! Spanking good! There are a few bits you should know about but the summary is: 140 miles of curves/turns, with elevation changes, and a 55 mph speed limit. Was a great day! Big smiles

CA 36
SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/11/12 at 7:06am
Originally posted by ipeverywhere ipeverywhere wrote:

This is an amazing road! Spanking good! There are a few bits you should know about but the summary is: 140 miles of curves/turns, with elevation changes, and a 55 mph speed limit. Was a great day! Big smiles

CA 36

That is a great MINI road!  A buddy of mine lives 36 miles up Hwy 36(from Fortuna).  He races his carrier pigeons to town and sometimes he wins.  Log trucks and drunks are the biggest hazard, followed closely by deer and cattle and rock slides.

I wish there was a local MINI Dealership, like our Honda, Subaru, Mazada and VW.
 Post Reply Post Reply