Forum Home Forum Home > Autocross and Racing > Performance Driving/Track Days
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pacific Raceways Update

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pacific Raceways Update
    Posted: May/21/12 at 7:53am

At the drivers meeting for the Conference race at PR this weekend the owner of PR (Jason Feorito) spoke to the drivers and thanked everyone for the continued patience and support. He spoke of the recent zoning change approved by the King County Council and said that they should have the master plan documents ready to submit to the Council for review in the next 4-5 months. He re-stated his commitment to making PR a world class facility again and acknowledged that it's necessary with the competition in the area (Ridge Motorsports Park). Also said that they will be repaving T7 thru T9 by next season! Good news there! He was planning on having it done for this season however they had to use those funds to put in new concrete for the drag strip to appease the NHRA and ensure that NHRA returned in 2012 (big source of revenue for PR).

So positive news on the home front. Also should note that he was racing this weekend in his Ground Pounder and is making an effort to be a part of the racing community as a driver a well. Good stuff.
'15 F55 Cooper Volcanic Orange
'80 Mini English White
CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/21/12 at 6:05pm
Good to hear! 
Now I just need to get rich so I have more money to spend driving fast at both parks! 
Erhan View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Erhan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/02/12 at 4:18pm
Yesterday I heard that T7 through T9 will be repaved this year.
Also the bumps/dips at T4 will be fixed (apparently Jason Feorito is upset that his car bottoms there).

And in 2-3 years time, PR will have significant changes.  Some corners will stay as-is (probably repaved), some corners will be changed.  The whole track will be ~0.5 mile longer.  And there will be a lot of commercial area. They talk about 150million dollar worth of investment. 
2011 R56 S
Wilwood BBK, Konig feather wheels & AD08 tires, Alta FMIC, NM dischrg pipe, BC Racing coilovers, Alta 22mm rear sway & endlinks, Hsport rear cont arms, TSW xbrace, JCW steering wheel
garumph View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garumph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/02/12 at 6:25pm
the T4A bump needs to go. Every track day I have been to, I have seen someone turn in too early and spin. That corner has too little room for error as far as I'm concerned. Plus if you spin wrong you go down into the ravine, but I have never seen that.
Gordon
Clifford, '14 Countryman All4 S
Hunka Burning Love, '12 Coupe S, Burnt Orange
Flames, '05 MC Black
CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/02/12 at 10:04pm
Some of the clubs put cones there to prevent early turn in. It is a danger.
onramp View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onramp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/03/12 at 8:18am
I kinda like the bump at T-5 (the one where folk spin).  If you unwind just as the rears cross the bump, you find you are perfectly aligned for T-5b entrance...  
2006 Hyper Blue JCW
Erhan View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Erhan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/03/12 at 9:19am
I think you guys are talking about T5A apex bump.
T4 bump is the one where you start your braking for T5A.

Originally posted by garumph garumph wrote:

the T4A bump needs to go. Every track day I have been to, I have seen someone turn in too early and spin. That corner has too little room for error as far as I'm concerned. Plus if you spin wrong you go down into the ravine, but I have never seen that.

Originally posted by CORNERS CORNERS wrote:

Some of the clubs put cones there to prevent early turn in. It is a danger.

2011 R56 S
Wilwood BBK, Konig feather wheels & AD08 tires, Alta FMIC, NM dischrg pipe, BC Racing coilovers, Alta 22mm rear sway & endlinks, Hsport rear cont arms, TSW xbrace, JCW steering wheel
Erhan View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Erhan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/03/12 at 9:22am
I do slight late apex for T5A and I put about 2-3 feet between me (left of the car) and the FIA curbing at T5A apex, so I avoid the bump.  I can still make it to the fog line on the left and get ready for T5B.

I see what you're saying though.  I will try that next time.

Originally posted by onramp onramp wrote:

I kinda like the bump at T-5 (the one where folk spin).  If you unwind just as the rears cross the bump, you find you are perfectly aligned for T-5b entrance...  
2011 R56 S
garumph View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garumph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/03/12 at 10:50am
No the bump I'm thinking of is about the apex of 4a. If you turn in early it spins the backend out and you spin into the hill.

Gordon
Clifford, '14 Countryman All4 S
Hunka Burning Love, '12 Coupe S, Burnt Orange
Flames, '05 MC Black
Wildfamily View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/03/12 at 12:14pm
I like the "anomlies" like the "bump"...that's what makes each track unique. They all have something that could be fixed, but that the type of stuff you have to figure out and adjust for. Separates the good from the great and keeps it interesting. :) The main thing I'd like to see in the long run is more run-off through T5 A-B ...hate to see so many cars get tweaked there, but then again..that's just racin'!
'15 F55 Cooper Volcanic Orange
'80 Mini English White
Erhan View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Erhan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/03/12 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by Wildfamily Wildfamily wrote:

I like the "anomlies" like the "bump"...that's what makes each track unique. They all have something that could be fixed, but that the type of stuff you have to figure out and adjust for. Separates the good from the great and keeps it interesting. :) The main thing I'd like to see in the long run is more run-off through T5 A-B ...hate to see so many cars get tweaked there, but then again..that's just racin'!

Also T7.  Scares the sh*t out of me when you jump on that mid corner seem change.
2011 R56 S
Erhan View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Erhan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/03/12 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by garumph garumph wrote:

No the bump I'm thinking of is about the apex of 4a. If you turn in early it spins the backend out and you spin into the hill.

I'm lost... what's T4A? 
2011 R56 S
 Post Reply Post Reply