Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional MINIs - MINI Sightings > West Sound/Olympic Peninsula Sightings
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MINI under burning tree!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valvashon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MINI under burning tree!
    Posted: November/19/12 at 1:02pm
Credit: Washington State Patrol

Supposedly, this is a picture of a trooper's car that was hit by a falling tree along Highway 101 near Naselle and then by another car and then catching on fire.  All I see is a Pepper White MINI under a tree, but maybe the trooper's car is the thing that is burning on the left side of the MINI.

I downloaded this from KING5, but KIROTV.com has some additional pictures- it was a Clubman and from the rear you can see that both the Clubbie and the trooper's car were completely destroyed by flames.

If this car belonged to a club member, I'm sorry for your loss.
Bruce

Edited by valvashon - November/19/12 at 1:06pm
...Now mom may drive to the grocery store, But that's not what this car is really for...
CINIMIN View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CINIMIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/19/12 at 2:10pm
Bruce - 2 cars for sure - It would take a couple of MINIs to make flames and smoke like that.  Sure hope the Trooper got out OK as well as the MINI occupant(s)

Time for the annual Don't drive a MINI in puddles over 12" Deep - and only at walking speed in any that are slightly less than that   HYDROLOCKING* is a very real problem with MIN's in deep water - and 12" is deep.

Hydrolocking:  Severe internal enging damage caused by ingesting water into the cylinders.

Edited by CINIMIN - November/19/12 at 3:54pm
Jack -

<font color=RED>CINIMIN [/COLOR]

2006 CR/W MCS - 6spd - LSD -15% Pulley - Dinan CAI
ASA JH6's Koni FSD's 22mm Bar
Have you hugged a curve today?

Sixate View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sixate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/19/12 at 2:36pm
Based on my experience this afternoon on I-5 by the Tacoma Dome....it takes less than 0.12" of water to hydroplane...

Quick, time for some winter tires, for sure.

Edited by Sixate - November/19/12 at 4:27pm
07 MCSa Laser Blue w/ checkboards everywhere
Transmission 6 speeds...Gas pedal 1 speed....Full Speed Ahead!
catlvr2 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past Comm Officer)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catlvr2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/19/12 at 3:31pm
Bummer! Love this time of year! Not!!!
Leanne

2012 Hot Choc. S; "CATLVR" plates

Gone but not forgotten:
Bad Kitty 2010 hot choc. cabrio
2008 oxy. blue cooper
2005 chili red cooper
CINIMIN View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CINIMIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/19/12 at 4:57pm
Seattle Times on-line is reporting Trooper and Other Driver are both OK...
Jack -

SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/19/12 at 5:04pm
If the Trooper was not driving the MINI then he must have hit the MINI from behind :-(

Good to hear that all were OK, except the MINI...

I wish there was a local MINI Dealership, like our Honda, Subaru, Mazada and VW.
Rob N View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/19/12 at 5:09pm
The news said the trooper got out by breaking his window then did the same for the lady in the MINI and helped her out.  Love those guys.
Rob, Vickie and Alice

COOPR-S

The question is, "When you turn on your car does it return the favor?"
CINIMIN View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CINIMIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/19/12 at 8:20pm
Trooper was stopped because of the tree - then the MINI hit the patrol car - looks like a sideswipe.  Just glad both got out, The Mini driver with help from the trooper who must have kept his cool pretty well under those circumstances...
Jack -

CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/20/12 at 2:14am
Do we know that the MINI hit the police car, or did she stop to offer aid of some sort? I would hate to think that a MINI driver can't control her own car. 
CINIMIN View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CINIMIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/20/12 at 7:43am
Report I read said the fire started after the MINI hit the Trooper's car
Jack -

SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/20/12 at 10:09am
That sounds a bit suspicious Jack...  The MINI is in front of and to the left of the patrol car and clearly under the tree.  The patrol car sure looks like it came afterwards!

This is sort of Biblical!  The Burning Bush...

The Trooper having to break his way OUT of his car and do the same for the MINI driver should be a wake up for all drivers.  It is damn hard to break a window of a vehicle without tools to do so, I have tried and watched my hammer bounce off a side window twice before I used enough force to explode the darn thing!!!  Keep something in your vehicle to break the glass and cut the seatbelt.
I wish there was a local MINI Dealership, like our Honda, Subaru, Mazada and VW.
 Post Reply Post Reply