Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussions > MINI Photos and Videos
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - PSMINI Club Member Guidelines and Event Calendar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedPSMINI Club Member Guidelines and Event Calendar

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Direct Link To This Post Topic: PSMINI Club Member Guidelines and Event Calendar
    Posted: April/29/13 at 1:00pm
Calendar
     PSMINI Event Calendar 2015

We'll announce the events on the forums as we get closer to the dates. The PDF will get updated on a regular basis and as details develop. If you have questions you can always e-mail events@psmini.org.
NOTE: Dates are subject to change. Always check the events section on the PSMINI forums (Events Link) for up to the minute scheduling information.

We look forward to seeing everyone and their MINIs this year!

Guidelines
It is with great pleasure that I am able to announce the first set of PSMINI Member Guidelines.
Hi! I'm new here.
Event How-To
Example Route

Late last year another MINI club approached me and asked if we had any "member" documents. Turns out they were in the process of putting together such a thing and asked if we wanted to contribute. It wasn't too shortly after that a third club asked me the same question. I'm now getting asked on a regular basis to share these docs so consider PSMINI somewhat famous in the world of organization (yeah, no joke!). So, that's the history of how these documents came to be. Also know that they were put together with the background and experience from other MINI car clubs around the country.

What are the Member Guidelines?
The goal of the Member Guidelines is to provide a set of documents which help members understand what the club is about, how events are planned, the format the club uses for events, terminology, club structure, etc. The "set" will continuously be added to as new topics arise which would be better outlined and explained with a document. It's also important to know that these are living documents. Much like a fine tuned MINI, the club requires maintenance from time to time and with your input these documents will continuously evolve. I've said this before and I'll keep saying it: This is your MINI Club and therefore these are your documents. We want feedback and we want to make this the best MINI Motoring Club anywhere. That only happens with your input and we can't thank you enough for participating and making your voice heard. Now, onto the reveal of the docs!

The board has approved the first two of the Guideline docs for publication.
http://www.psmini.org/Guidelines/PSMINICarClubMemberGuidelinesNew.pdf
http://www.psmini.org/Guidelines/PSMINICarClubMemberGuidelinesHowTo.pdf
http://www.psmini.org/Guidelines/PSMINICarClubMemberGuidelinesExampleRoute.docx

Hi! I'm new here.
The "Hi! I'm new here." document is for everyone new to PSMINI and/or car clubs in general. It outlines what we do, what events we organize, who organizes them, what to bring to events, etc. It's also the first time we are introducing the concept of "You Create It and Name It" (which will be explained in more detail on another thread). I ask everyone, even if you have the coveted 5 year PSMINI badge, please read the document and provide feedback. We really want to hear what you think of our first revision. Especially if you feel we missed some information new members should know.

Event How-To
The Event How-To outlines how to plan a PSMINI event, the guidelines PSMINI follows, and provides more details on how to get your "You Create It and Name It" event started. If you've ever had an idea for a PSMINI event then this is the guide for you! The events committee is ready to help you with creating your own event. The place to start is this guide. We don't want the process to feel daunting and will be with you every step of the way. Everyone wants their event to be a successful event and the events committee is here to make you successful. Even if it's just an idea we want to hear from you. We'll help you turn it into an event.

Feel free to use this thread to provide your feedback and the board will comment where we can. Thanks again! and we hope you truly do find these documents valuable.

NOTE: The guidelines are written to match the Events forum changes (discussed here) and therefore the guidelines assume these changes have already happened. For now, please continue to use the Events area as you have been. We felt getting the Guidelines out earlier rather than holding onto them was beneficial.

Edited by ipeverywhere - August/18/15 at 3:27pm
 Post Reply Post Reply