Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Site Information and Feedback > Site Information
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HTML not working -

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CINIMIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HTML not working -
    Posted: August/04/13 at 2:11pm
I can not use the text formatting features (Bold, Italic, Underline,) Font selection, (Style, Size, Colour) and web links -

I know others have had this problem but I can't remember the fix -

Thanks for any help -
Jack -

<font color=RED>CINIMIN [/COLOR]

2006 CR/W MCS - 6spd - LSD -15% Pulley - Dinan CAI
ASA JH6's Koni FSD's 22mm Bar
Have you hugged a curve today?

ipeverywhere View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ipeverywhere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/04/13 at 8:24pm
Are you using the WYSIWYG editor or the BBCode editor? It's a setting under your profile. Need to know this before I can debug.
CINIMIN View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CINIMIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/04/13 at 10:05pm
WYSIWYG is checked
Jack -

PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ipeverywhere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/22/13 at 8:06pm
I've been using the WYSIWYG for a couple days now without issue. Can you please provide more details on exactly what is not working?
CINIMIN View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CINIMIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/22/13 at 8:33pm
I can not use the text formatting features (Bold, Italic, Underline,) Font selection, (Style, Size, Colour) and web links do not show as links - just plain text - - can't insert emoticons -

I know others have had this problem but I can't remember the fix -
Jack -

Escape Pod View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Escape Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/22/13 at 9:10pm
Jack,
Have you by chance recently upgraded browser or operating system?
Roy & Beth Morey
Red/Blk JCW Roadster (His)
Silver/Red JCW Coupe (Hers)
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ipeverywhere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/23/13 at 7:56am
Let's try this. Go into your profile and mark it "no" for the WYSIWYG editor (Member Control Panel -> Edit Profile). That will turn it off. Create a test post. Then go turn the WYSIWYG editor back on. 

See if just kicking it will let it work again. If not I'll need to bring in some more resources or at least figure out how that WYSIWYG editor is coded so I can give you more suggestions to try. 
Rob N View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/23/13 at 9:13am
You might also try clearing your IE Cache of temporary internet files.  That can sometimes cause various strange issues.
Rob, Vickie and Alice

COOPR-S

The question is, "When you turn on your car does it return the favor?"
Escape Pod View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Escape Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/24/13 at 12:53pm
We're seeing the same thing on our computers, and they're all upgraded to Internet Explorer 10, which we suspect is the problem. If the Web Wiz forum software doesn't recognize your browser as being compatible with the rich text editor, it puts you into non-WYSIWYG mode, regardless of your profile settings.
Probably time for a forum software upgrade, but it would help if some folks NOT seeing this problem, that ARE using Internet Explorer would check their browser version and report in.
Conversely, if you ARE seeing the problem, please also report in your browser version.

If you're not sure how to check which version of IE you're using, click on the Alt key to bring up the browser menu, and click on Help >> About Internet Explorer.
Roy & Beth Morey
Red/Blk JCW Roadster (His)
Silver/Red JCW Coupe (Hers)
 Post Reply Post Reply