Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Discussions > Interior and Exterior Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ipod Connection for 02 MCS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lsmart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ipod Connection for 02 MCS
    Posted: June/23/09 at 1:55am
Hi,

I want to listen to my iPod in my 02 MCS, but have no idea what to do or what to buy. Everything is currently stock with no mods. Help?

Thanks, Liz
onramp View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onramp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/23/09 at 10:48am
2006 Hyper Blue JCW
johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/23/09 at 11:05am
Hey if you deside on an aux port there are good instructions over at Mini2 that I can link when I get home.

John
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/23/09 at 5:26pm
Okay it is about 2/3rds off the way down the page
http://www.mini2.com/forum/faq.php?faq=faq_interior#faq_faq_removal

Pat were you looking at the aux plug or the I-pod adapter at Mini Mania?

Liz what I Pod do you have? and have you considered a mount??

John

Edited by johnf36 - June/23/09 at 5:28pm

onramp View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onramp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/23/09 at 10:14pm
I already have the auxiliary port.  I'm considering the adapter because with the port you can only use the volume control on the steering wheel.  No changing tracks, and you have to physically turn the I-pod on and off.  Turn the ignition off, the radio goes off.  Come back much later and the I-pod has cycled thru tunes and maybe even the battery is dead as there is no charging thru the port.

I thought I would be moving the I-pod in and out of the car, but really - the only time I listen to it is in the car.  I used to take it exercising, but the earbud cables whipping back and forth is an irritant, and I can't find an armband thing to wear the thing - it bounces around it my pocket (when I have one).

So - I'm wrestling with spending another $200+, only to find that they shipped it signature required thru that less than helpful dud company Fed Ex.
2006 Hyper Blue JCW
lsmart View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lsmart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/24/09 at 12:58am
Pat, the link you posted is broken :(

My iPod is a new 8GB Nano.

I would like the iPod to turn off when the car is off and charge when it is on. (all the cool stuff Pat mentioned).

a mount - I haven't considered it until now. That would be ideal. I don't want to fumble around trying to operate the iPod while driving.

Pat, their are clips for the iPod at Target that fit around the bicep. I didn't like that one so I got the clip holder that clips onto shorts.
lsmart View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lsmart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/24/09 at 1:13am
johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/24/09 at 3:35am
Couple of things.

That is the same unit that I have, it does not charge with the new gens of Ipod and Iphone.

The other thing is I have be told the ICE unit is better, when I find the link I will post it/

John

onramp View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onramp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/24/09 at 11:35am
Sorry, Liz - for some reason I don't do a very good job with hyperlinks.  Yes, your link is the right one.  However, I would like to see what John is going to come up with regarding that ICE link.

Pat
2006 Hyper Blue JCW
lsmart View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lsmart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/24/09 at 12:08pm
onramp View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onramp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/24/09 at 12:35pm
I'm not too sure I want another device hanging out in the open - I already have my GPS and radar detector, and putting the i-pod in the glove box seems like a good idea, especially in some of the neighborhoods I frequent (I know, I know...).  Looks like this unit uses the i-pod controls as well, and I want to get away from that.

The more we talk about this, though - the more I want it.  If I get it, I'll have to mention that I don't accept packages shipped Fed Ex anymore...
2006 Hyper Blue JCW
johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/24/09 at 1:17pm

johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/24/09 at 1:36pm
They have kits for all gens of IPods.

onramp View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onramp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/24/09 at 2:39pm
Way cool, buddy!  Pat
2006 Hyper Blue JCW
johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/24/09 at 2:40pm
Your welcome, I have the factory unit. But it sounds like to me others like this better.

Post Reply Post Reply