Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Shopping Mall > MINIs For Sale
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Mini Clubman - Mechanics Deal (Washington State)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mini Clubman - Mechanics Deal (Washington State)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seller253 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mini Clubman - Mechanics Deal (Washington State)
    Posted: November/03/18 at 10:25am
https://post.craigslist.org/k/nm2L5JHf6BGwFkuLx9_VsQ/Ham2T?s=preview
Follow the above link for Craigslist ad and pics.

Single owner, non smoker, well maintained. Has LOTS of features (see spec sheet).
Love the car but no longer have a need for it, I have a new hybrid and almost never have to buy gas anymore.

The car died on me in 2016. Took to get checked, shop didn't even give me a repair estimate, said go buy a new car after a very brief inspection. Shop thought the engine was ruined due to inexperience with Mini's. Sat for months before we finally got to tearing the motor down and I bought a new car in the meantime.

Problem? Freeze plug popped. $1 part, just lots of work to fix. Google and you'll find it's not all that uncommon. No other apparent damage to engine (might want to change the head gasket to be safe). Will sell for $5500 as it (system has been flushed and had a couple oil flushes to drain water). It will start and run, but cannot be driven (will overheat due to no water - if filled it will mix with the oil again). If not sold before I repair will be offering back up for $7500.

Just over 70k miles, all maint was dealer performed under extended maint agreement.
Has fairly new tires, new wipers, new battery.
Seller253 View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seller253 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/03/18 at 10:49am
Sorry, forgot to add this is 2010 model
 Post Reply Post Reply