Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussions > MINI Photos and Videos
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mini pics in the cold

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oranos991 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mini pics in the cold
    Posted: February/01/13 at 10:22am
I feel like we haven't had a lot of pictures since the weather turned. My girlfriend took this one today on our way to work, Emmett our Dachshund who gets to come to my office on friday's all bundled up in a blanket on my lap as we wait for the mini to fully heat up!
2006 pepper white JCW, 17% Pulley, Light crank pulley, Scream'in demon coil pack, Brisk LGS plugs, fire braid wires, JCW airbox flap mod..... Mini with the [BIG MAN] STICKER
Genie B View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genie B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/01/13 at 1:20pm
I love that Emmett gets to come to work with you. And, a handsome fellow he is too!

cindyc View Drop Down
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cindyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/01/13 at 7:48pm
Emmett you lucky dog. Sure wish I could take my dog to work intead of daycare.
2015 Hardtop,Thunder Gray W/ red stripes,JCW trim, SEAHAWK Plates. Mr.Magoo
no.9 View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote no.9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/02/13 at 1:56am
Joe hasn't seen much of the Cooper, he's not too good on long drives and I've gotta protect that leather! Wink

as for the Coop' in the cold -

<-- CJ - '04 Cooper
Genie B View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genie B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/02/13 at 10:12am
Great shot of Joe with the window sticker! Joe looks like he a full of energy!

I love how the Pepper White stands out in the snow picture. Nice!

johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/02/13 at 12:19pm

Edited by johnf36 - February/02/13 at 12:23pm
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

Oranos991 View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oranos991 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/04/13 at 11:08am
Haha I love all the pictures guys! and yea Emmett can be rough on my leather..just a few days ago I found a stray black lab...about 13 years old and 150 lbs..he was covered in mud and was dripping wet....I got him into my back seat and took him home...Found his owners 2 days later. now that was hard on the leather..but I couldn't just leave him Cry, Either way, the things we do for the animals we love! oh and I LOVE that last picture of the coupe. it makes it look buried in the snow LOL i did a double take.
2006 pepper white JCW, 17% Pulley, Light crank pulley, Scream'in demon coil pack, Brisk LGS plugs, fire braid wires, JCW airbox flap mod..... Mini with the [BIG MAN] STICKER
johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/04/13 at 11:11am
Thanks, If you throw a blanket in the back it works great for covering the seats for those unexpected moments.

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

Genie B View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genie B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/04/13 at 1:52pm
ClapThumbs Up  for the dog rescue!!! Great to hear a happy ending!

John, Great photo of the Coupe. You can FEEL the cold just looking at that.

Oranos991 View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oranos991 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/13 at 10:49am
I wish I had the blanket I normally keep in the car but I left it at home that day, eh what can you do Smile, BTW I love your chiwawa. I always call them " chahewie hewies" haha, and his name is Joe just like me!
valvashon View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valvashon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/13 at 7:34pm
Here's a couple from last January (2012) when Elliott and I went up to Snoqualmie Pass to go Tubing.  The MINI performed beautifully in the snow!

I did post them last year, but it seemed appropriate to add them to this thread.

And this one is from 2008, when it snowed down here in Seattle:

Bruce

Edited by valvashon - February/05/13 at 7:38pm
...Now mom may drive to the grocery store, But that's not what this car is really for...
leogetz View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leogetz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/13 at 9:52pm
Here are a couple of photos from our trip to the Methow Valley this past weekend. We stayed at the Rolling Huts, and went skiing at the Loup Loup Ski Bowl.

Somewhere under the road grime is a Royal Grey Countryman I swear it LOL

GREYSEN - '12 Countryman S All4 - Royal Grey w/ Black Roof, Stripes and Trim (no chrome) - Premium, Cold Weather & Sport Pkgs - NM Eng RSe14 Wheels - JCW Exhaust - LED Fog Lights
Oranos991 View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oranos991 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/06/13 at 8:48am
Great pics of the snow, I have heard they are great in the snow but I generally don't drive in the snow, because of having access to a AWD suv. I was kinda excited to maybe get snow while at work so I could try it out.  Oh and I love the countryman, I really like them i was very very close to buying one, i am 6'4 so the extra room really is insane. But I have a strange attraction to superchargers, I prefer them so heavily over turbo's just for ease of work on them and in my opinion, some find it the other way. Either way I am sure down the road I will own a countryman Big smile
Dirt Knob View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dirt Knob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/27/14 at 7:45am

Here's my R50's and Street Glide's first winter last year at my house. Having PMS ( Parked Motor Syndrome ) LOL

photo DSC_4155_00016.jpg

photo DSC_4145_00009.jpg

Why Rock when you can Roll?
Dirt Knob View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dirt Knob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/29/14 at 7:19am

Big smileRude-Off Red ring Reindeer with his fluffy winter coat on.

photo DSC_4922_00006.jpg

Why Rock when you can Roll?
SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/29/14 at 7:49am
MINI's do well in the snow if it is not terribly deep (AWD does not count Wink) on Mt. Hood this Spring.

Using Dunlop Winter Sport 3d tires 215x45x17

I wish there was a local MINI Dealership, like our Honda, Subaru, Mazada and VW.
 Post Reply Post Reply