Forum Description: Location to post events and volunteer for Charity Events
URL: http://www.psmini.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=7210
Printed Date: April/18/24 at 10:17am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Porsche vs. Mini & NW HARVEST Challenge
Posted By: Boomer
Subject: Porsche vs. Mini & NW HARVEST Challenge
Date Posted: November/04/10 at 7:52pm
Just received my November issue of Spiel, the local Porsche rag. While cruising through the articles, there is one entitled PNWR Food Drive written by Larry Nelson.

In the body of the article is the following:

"You may ask why I have chosen to spearhead this. Well, I remember reading an article in the Seattle Times last year recapping the event, and it was talking about all the groups that supported the food drive. I was surprised at the large donation that was made by the Seattle Mini Cooper Club. Now don't get me wrong, I give the Mini Cooper Club a lot of credit for their initiative, but come on, we are one of the largest car clubs in the Puget Sound Region and I feel that no other car club can hold a candle to our strength. So with that I am asking that over the next month we all put aside a little bit to help some of our neighbors. All it takes is to not buy that latte every day, or order the smaller lunch or dinner once or twice for the next month. It really doesn't take much to fill a Porsche trunk full of non-perishable food!"

Well, this sounds like a "CHALLENGE" if you ask me. What better form of competition could there be than this----------------GIVING TO A CHARITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What do you all think?

Martin, can we do a little challenge with Porsche and maybe other car clubs like BMW for the benefit of Northwest Harvest?

It's always fun to stay with Porsche, maybe even pass them, on the track. So, any takers for this event?
Kick a little Porsche butt for the benefit of NW Harvest?

Cheers!

UPDATE!
So for those of you who need to catch up or haven't heard all of the details, here is the plan. The Porsche Club has accepted our challenge to see which club can raise the most in donations and goods for Northwest Harvest by December 4th. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to fill the boot of your MINI with all of the food donations (or cash donations) you can and bring them to Seattle MINI on December 4th (you can also leave items at the Seattle MINI collection point anytime prior to December 4th).

Mission Details:
Depart Seattle MINI @ 12:00PM with donations collected at Seattle MINI and convoy over to Marymoor Park to hook up with the Porsche crowen and talk some smack
Depart Marymoor and arrive at Redmond Town Center at 1:30 PM to drop off our donations at the Northwest Harvest collection point

This is a win-win for everyone and will be alot of fun. Also it will give MINI a chance to show our Porsche friends that we may be little, but we are mighty!

More info on Northwest Harvest/KING5 Food Drive:
Northwest Harvest can use any nonperishable food and/or monetary donations. If you prefer to donate food, select shelf-stable food with the lowest saturated fats and refined carbohydrates (sugar, white flour). Northwest Harvest can buy white rice and beans in bulk so they ask that you donate other items. Here are some suggestions: oatmeal, whole grain pastas, brown rice, tomato products, canned vegetables and fruits (especially with low sugar) canned fish and meat, shelf-stable milk, beef stew and chili. They also need infant and baby foods - formula, powered and canned milk, infant cereal and jars of baby food. They will also accept baby diapers. For more information about the http://www.king5.com/community/HUGE-Goal-Set-for-Home-Team-Harvest-10-101335249.html - Food Drive

Tentative List of Participants (updated 12/3)
Boomer
CORNERS
WOODSTOCK
papermaster
johnf36
italianjob
Genie B
Dave's not here
MINIRVA
Silver_Surfer
Smilingirishlass
Carole
GR8SCOT
SMOG-1
onramp & Jo (2 MINIs)
MINIMNT
swhobbit
Escape Pod & Roy (2 MINIs)
Its-A-Mini
Valvashon
MSL
Hapahaole
Catlvr2

-------------
07 MCS, JIC Cross C/O, JCW BBK, Milltek exhaust, RR DP, Helix I/C, RMW tune (208.5 WHP & 238.3 WTQ)Ray's (17 lbs) and Nitto NT01 for track duty

Replies:
Posted By: CORNERS
Date Posted: November/04/10 at 8:08pm
Sounds interesting to me. 
To make it a real challenge, we need to fill a Clubman or a Countryman boot :-) 

PS. I've passed a BMW on the track but have only passed a Porsche in my dreams. 

-------------

Kurt/04 R53 http://youtube.com/user/khammo01" rel="nofollow - Check out My MOD MINI repair videos channel @ YouTube

Posted By: WOODSTOCK
Date Posted: November/04/10 at 9:06pm
I love the idea!  Let's do it. 

-------------
WOODSTOCK: Linda's 2005 LY MCSC with feel good graphics and go fast mods.
CINIMIN: Jack's 2006 Chili Red/White Coupe
KEMO-SABE: Our 2011 Bright White/Blk All4 Countryman

Posted By: papermaster
Date Posted: November/05/10 at 12:05am
Count me in, does anyone know the goal we're going to drive for? Geek

Posted By: johnf36
Date Posted: November/05/10 at 12:33am
Humm

-------------
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

Date Posted: November/05/10 at 12:43am
Greg I also suggest that this might qualify as a Mini Motoring Hearts program
http://www.miniusa.com/?open=motoring_hearts#/play/go_a_motoring/motoringHearts-m - http://www.miniusa.com/?open=motoring_hearts#/play/go_a_motoring/motoringHearts-m  

-------------

Posted By: Wildfamily
Date Posted: November/05/10 at 6:17am
Sounds like a good plan to me. I like beating Porsches! LOL We could ask Seattle MINI if they could let us use one of the convertibles (or the new Countryman) as the drop off box in the dealership. Fill the boot so to speak?!? 

MINI may have got beaten by Porsche in their "challenge" earlier this year but I bet we can beat them at raising donations for the food bank! I'm envisioning a new Porshce/MINI Challenge that I know we can win! WooHooI'll contact Seattle MINI today and make the pitch! :)

-------------
'15 F55 Cooper Volcanic Orange
'80 Mini English White

Date Posted: November/05/10 at 7:14am
Glad everyone likes this idea. In Larry's article he mentions that King 5 Home Team will have various collection spots throughout the region. If we set this up correctly, maybe we could ask NW Harvest to have a collection spot @ PACIFIC RACEWAYS for Mini & Porsche to drop off and finish the race so to speak. We might also want to invite the BMW club to enter the "RACE".
Goal should be to raise more than we did last year and exceed the contributions from Porsche & other car clubs participating.
This could be a big "WIN-WIN" for the clubs & particularly NW Harvest.
Larry mentions that he will be leading a group to make a delivery at Redmond Town Square. If we move quickly, we might be able to coordinate the "Car Club Challenge" with the clubs & NW Harvest to make this a "special" food drive/race!
The date is "DECEMBER 4th for the collection spots set up by King 5.
What do you all think!
Be happy to help coordinate effort with the other clubs and caravan from Seattle Mini to Pacific Raceways on Dec. 4th.
John, I think this would fit the motoring hearts program.
Cheers!

-------------
07 MCS, JIC Cross C/O, JCW BBK, Milltek exhaust, RR DP, Helix I/C, RMW tune (208.5 WHP & 238.3 WTQ)Ray's (17 lbs) and Nitto NT01 for track duty

Date Posted: November/05/10 at 8:34am
Ok gang, I talked with Seattle MINI and they are in! We are going to play this up on the MINI vs. Porsche theme that MINI USA marketed earlier this year. Other clubs are welcome to the smackdown as well. Boomer mentioned throwing it out to the BMW club too..more the merrier. I'm moving this over to the Events thread. Keep posted for more details and please free up your schedule for a few hours on December 4th to support this great cause! :)

-------------
'80 Mini English White

Posted By: italianjob
Date Posted: November/05/10 at 8:41am
We are in for this!!

Stefano&Cristina

-------------
(Italian Job) '03 MCS Indie Blue SOLD :'(

(Polpetta) 2008 MClubman S Sitting on Sparco Assetto Gara Wheels

2013 GP

"I killed the clown and took his car"

Posted By: Genie B
Date Posted: November/05/10 at 9:22am
GO MINI People!!!!    We can do this! WooHoo

-------------

Date Posted: November/05/10 at 10:14am
I will try to make it but will have kids in the back, less room for cans... 

-------------

Kurt/04 R53 http://youtube.com/user/khammo01" rel="nofollow - Check out My MOD MINI repair videos channel @ YouTube

Posted By: kenru
Date Posted: November/05/10 at 10:37am
Originally posted by khammo01 khammo01 wrote:

I will try to make it but will have kids in the back, less room for cans... 

Your kids have laps, don't they? Wink

-------------
One good turn deserves another...and another...

http://www.sparerib.net/mini/index.html">

Date Posted: November/05/10 at 11:10am
Is there a way to do a local drop off through out the state and get credit for it?????

-------------

Date Posted: November/05/10 at 11:13am
that didn't take long Martin

-------------

Date Posted: November/05/10 at 11:52am
Martin: LOVE IT!!!!!!!!! That is so cool!

This could be a blast!!!

Cheers!

-------------

Date Posted: November/05/10 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by johnf36 johnf36 wrote:

that didn't take long Martin

Slow day for me at work John. Wink

-------------
'80 Mini English White

Date Posted: November/05/10 at 3:20pm
How is this going to work? We drive from Seattle MINI to Marymoor Park / then proceed to Redmond Town Centre? 

-------------

Posted By: onramp
Date Posted: November/05/10 at 4:35pm
Way too cool, Martin...  SMACKDOWN!!!

-------------
2006 Hyper Blue JCW

Posted By: Escape Pod
Date Posted: November/05/10 at 5:17pm
A competition - brilliant! 
Surely we can fill more than one MINI....

-------------
Roy & Beth Morey
Red/Blk JCW Roadster (His)
Silver/Red JCW Coupe (Hers)

Posted By: Dave's not here
Date Posted: November/05/10 at 6:27pm
Count me in for this.  Boomer, great idea.  Martin, cool poster.  I have no doubt that our MINIs can do this...properly.  Was ist los, schweinhund Porsches?  (just this one time Porsches are schweinhunds)

-------------
5 race wins, 2 in the rain. 2nd in ICSCC G Production Championship 2005 and 2006. Now I'm just gonna drive the MINI.

Date Posted: November/07/10 at 1:34pm
Ok, just sent this email to Larry Nelson (Spiel article author) & Bill Bauer of the PCA plus David Lightfoot & Jeff Butler of the BMW Club.

Hope this will be received in the spirit intended-------------FUN!!!!

Also hope our Mini owners will turn out in droves with cars loaded with donations for NW Harvest.

Larry, just read your article in the November issue of Spiel entitled PNWR Food Drive. In the body of the article you recognize the Mini Club for their initiative in raising donations for NW Harvest last year. We thank you for your kind words of recognition.

However, it could also be interpreted that the Porsche Club feels they can do a better job than any other club this year: “I give the Mini Cooper Club a lot of credit for their initiative, but come on, we are one of the largest car clubs in the Puget Sound region and I feel that no other club can hold a candle to our strength.”

Really!!!!! Sounds as if the Porsche Club is CHALLENGING other Car Clubs, particularly the PS Mini Club, to see which club can raise the most donations for NW Harvest this year.

We would like to ACCEPT YOUR CHALLENGE and question your strength statement about other clubs’ ability to raise donations!

We propose this “CHALLENGE” be similar to what took place earlier in the year between our two marques. All in GOOD FUN BUT THIS TIME BENEFITTING NW HARVEST!

So the Porsche Club won’t feel threatened by our diminutive cars we hope the BMW Club will participate in this good cause and join the fray to see what club can actually produce the best results for NW Harvest. Provided we all agree to get our respective memberships excited about this “CHALLENGE/RACE” we should try to agree on a central pickup point, such as Pacific Raceways, that may be fitting for such an EPIC battle. However, we realize Porsche & BMW owners may not feel comfortable driving long distances in potentially inclement weather, therefore,  we’ll agree to to Redmond Town Center drop off station since that is the location you proposed to your membership.

All kidding aside, this could be TONS OF FUN FOR OUR RESPECTIVE MEMBERSHIPS! It will add a new twist to raising donations for an organization that serves the people of the Puget Sound throughout the year as well as the Holidays.

So; What do you all say? GAME ON????????

Larry, please let us know if you would like to get this going for your club. Since you are already spearheading the food drive for the Porsche Club, why not add this fun twist. It might just get people “fired up” and increase donations for NW Harvest while providing a fun theme for our memberships involvement.

David & Jeff: I directed this to you guys since I know you and believe you can get things going within the BMW Club. How about it? Willing to join the fun and raise donations for NW Harvest. (Of course I’m presuming Porsche is game.)

Let us work together under this competitive guise to give back to our community.

Look forward to replies from both Clubs. Let’s have some fun and raise record donations for NW Harvest. We need some good news and added fun with this crappy economy!

Cheers!

Greg

-------------

Date Posted: November/07/10 at 7:42pm

Nice Greg. Bring it on!

-------------
'80 Mini English White

Posted By: Saphire
Date Posted: November/08/10 at 8:39pm
Will the event be judged by weight or volume?   We should be able to join in.

Date Posted: November/08/10 at 10:10pm
Porsche has responded:
Greg,

Thank you for taking the time to read my little article.  I did mean it as
a compliment to the Puget Sound Mini Club.

Now I'm not going to give you any bulletin board material, BUT by looking
at your website, your members have already started. But you can tell
"Corners" that some dreams just don't come true!!!!

It looks like the challenge is on, and the winner will be Northwest
Harvest!!!

Look forward to seeing everyone December 4th.

Thanks

Larry

GAME ON!!!!!!

Let's go Mini Pilots!

Now lets see if BMW joins the fun!

Cheers!

-------------

Posted By: kenru
Date Posted: November/08/10 at 10:52pm
Kurt,

Don't let 'em kid you.  Dreams DO come true.  (Here's me getting a Let-by at Spokane)

-------------
One good turn deserves another...and another...

http://www.sparerib.net/mini/index.html">

Date Posted: November/09/10 at 12:28am
Too funny. 

-------------

Date Posted: November/09/10 at 7:55am
LOL...don't make me get out my videos of all of the Porsches I've passed at the track. LOL Wink

-------------
'80 Mini English White

Date Posted: November/09/10 at 1:27pm
http://www.northwestharvest.org/Events/Food_Drives.htm#whattobuy - http://www.northwestharvest.org/Events/Food_Drives.htm#whattobuy

Above is the link to NW Harvest and the type of foods they would appreciate receiving as donations.

Remember to email your fellow Mini Owners that may not visit this site frequently and ask them to participate. Heck ask your co-workers, friends, neighbors, business associates etc. if they like to help you help NW Harvest. We need to fill a lot of Minis, especially if these Porsche guys start filling Cayannes.

If they can't make the event/drive on the 4th of December, ask if they would be kind enough to help you fill up your Mini or drop something off @ Seattle Mini.

NW Harvest also accepts checks!!!!! So if you have out of the area friends you think might want to help, ask them to send you a check made out to NW Harvest and bring it to Seattle Mini.

This is from the NW Harvest website: Northwest Harvest can feed a family of three a nutritious meal for 67 cents. 93% of our total operating budget goes directly toward food distribution.

So even a check for $5.00 bucks will go a long way in feeding less fortunate families.

Cheers!

-------------

Date Posted: November/09/10 at 1:33pm
Greg we always went by lbs. over here between all the plants and cash equaled so many pounds.

-------------

Date Posted: November/09/10 at 2:35pm
John, not sure how they will measure it but it should be fun! Now I wish I would have taken your donation this past weekend.

Forgot to ask forum members that also Tweat, use Facebook, My Space or whatever social network to spread the word to their friends using this media.

Really hope we can crush Porsche's donations!!!!!

Email your friend & get them to help us raise donations.

Cheers!

-------------

Date Posted: November/09/10 at 3:25pm
Here's the link from the PCA's website regarding the food drive:

http://www.pnwr.org/calendar07/display.asp?EventID=2011&CalendarID=4&StyleID=2&thisMonth=12&thisDay=4&thisYear=2010&Window=Same - http://www.pnwr.org/calendar07/display.asp?EventID=2011&CalendarID=4&StyleID=2&thisMonth=12&thisDay=4&thisYear=2010&Window=Same

No mention yet of the "Challenge".

Cheers!

-------------

Date Posted: November/09/10 at 5:19pm
This page gives a clue of how to convert weight and money - so we should be able to easily measure our vastly superior performance compared to those [insert stinging but friendly insult here]s over at the Porsche and BMW clubs: 

http://www.northwestharvest.org/Events/Food_Drives/Food_Drive_How-To.htm - http://www.northwestharvest.org/Events/Food_Drives/Food_Drive_How-To.htm

In a nutshell: 
One meal = 1.3 lb. or 22 cents. 

Therefore: 

1.0 lb.=$0.17
$1.00=5.88 lb. 

-------------

Date Posted: November/09/10 at 5:56pm
I checked over here and it is basically 1 equals 5 lbs

-------------

Date Posted: November/09/10 at 7:24pm
Very true but they did it here that way to try and get people involved instead of just writing a check, plus with cash you still have to send someone to go get the food with the money to fill the food bank

-------------

Date Posted: November/10/10 at 7:56am
So for those of you who need to catch up or haven't heard all of the details, here is the plan. The Porsche Club has accepted our challenge to see which club can raise the most in donations and goods for Northwest Harvest by December 4th. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to fill the boot of your MINI with all of the food donations (or cash donations) you can and bring them to Seattle MINI on December 4th (you can also leave items at the Seattle MINI collection point anytime prior to December 4th).

Mission Details:
Depart Seattle MINI @ 12:00PM with donations collected at Seattle MINI and convoy over to Marymoor Park to hook up with the Porsche crowen and talk some smack
Depart Marymoor and arrive at Redmond Town Center at 1:30 PM to drop off our donations at the Northwest Harvest collection point

This is a win-win for everyone and will be alot of fun. Also it will give MINI a chance to show our Porsche friends that we may be little, but we are mighty!

More info on Northwest Harvest/KING5 Food Drive:
Northwest Harvest can use any nonperishable food and/or monetary donations. If you prefer to donate food, select shelf-stable food with the lowest saturated fats and refined carbohydrates (sugar, white flour). Northwest Harvest can buy white rice and beans in bulk so they ask that you donate other items. Here are some suggestions: oatmeal, whole grain pastas, brown rice, tomato products, canned vegetables and fruits (especially with low sugar) canned fish and meat, shelf-stable milk, beef stew and chili. They also need infant and baby foods - formula, powered and canned milk, infant cereal and jars of baby food. They will also accept baby diapers. For more information about the http://www.king5.com/community/HUGE-Goal-Set-for-Home-Team-Harvest-10-101335249.html - Food Drive

-------------
'80 Mini English White

Posted By: Silver_Surfer
Date Posted: November/10/10 at 8:33pm
LOL OFFICIAL GUARD BATTLE BADGE FOR THE CHALLENGE LOL

-------------

NOW PLAYING AT THE CINEMA
HAPPY NEW YEAR PSMINI http://vimeo.com/18338258

Posted By: Hot Shot
Date Posted: November/11/10 at 12:38pm
Sounds like an awesome time. I have to check the schedule and see if we can make this. There is also a NW Toy run on the same day taking place at Pacific Raceways that the 6 Speed crew is taking part in. Something like 900 cars showed up last year for that. It also supports the Marine Corps Toys for Tots program which I like to support (being a former Marine and all Wink)

-------------
-James
www.jboyerphotography.com

http://www.psmini.org/forum/actual-size-sticker-gb-with-the-red-s_topic6722.html" rel="nofollow - ACTUAL SIZE Sticker GB
<

Posted By: Dave's not here
Date Posted: November/11/10 at 2:41pm

Silver Surfer - here's a weird idea.  Any chance you can make magnetic RAF roundels for our doors?  I'd buy a couple but only if it would be worth your time and effort.  Just an idea.

Dave

-------------
5 race wins, 2 in the rain. 2nd in ICSCC G Production Championship 2005 and 2006. Now I'm just gonna drive the MINI.

Date Posted: November/11/10 at 4:21pm
Or perhaps a vinyl decal for the side window - tape backing like the numbers we get at the track.  Anybody have an "in" with a sign shop?

-------------
2006 Hyper Blue JCW

Date Posted: November/11/10 at 5:18pm
and .50 cal machine guns in the bonnet?! Evil Smile

-------------
'80 Mini English White

Posted By: Hot Shot
Date Posted: November/11/10 at 5:20pm
Originally posted by onramp onramp wrote:

Or perhaps a vinyl decal for the side window - tape backing like the numbers we get at the track.  Anybody have an "in" with a sign shop?

I do. Streamline Digital Imaging is owned by a friend of mine. They are the ones that did the Actual Size stickers on a bunch of our cars. Tell Veronica James referred you.

http://www.streamline-llc.net/

-------------
-James
www.jboyerphotography.com

http://www.psmini.org/forum/actual-size-sticker-gb-with-the-red-s_topic6722.html" rel="nofollow - ACTUAL SIZE Sticker GB
<

Posted By: Smilingirishlass
Date Posted: November/11/10 at 5:32pm
I just posted a message to my FB page that friends and family can bring food to me and I'll transport to Seattle Mini.
I am in the Renton Highlands area if anyone wants to share or caravan down on the big day.  I know there are other mini owners around here.

-------------
Maureen

Date Posted: November/11/10 at 5:34pm
Bwhaaaahaa! Sounds like the Porsche club is feeling the heat and wanting to prove themselves better than our MINIs. Not sure what they mean by beating Britian again though. LOL! Check out what they have to say in the link...

http://www.pnwr.org/calendar07/display.asp?EventID=2011&CalendarID=4&StyleID=2&thisMonth=12&thisDay=4&thisYear=2010&Window=Same - http://www.pnwr.org/calendar07/display.asp?EventID=2011&CalendarID=4&StyleID=2&thisMonth=12&thisDay=4&thisYear=2010&Window=Same

-------------
'80 Mini English White

Date Posted: November/11/10 at 7:11pm

Magnetic RAF roundels not a problem but the size will be 3" and will look better either on the back or just under the front side air scoop(?).

A door one would have to be much bigger to look good. I haven't upgraded my equipment to that level yet...Big smile.

I’m thinking  BOB Spitfire and Hurricane had .303” Brownings and not 50cal but I’ll take a 50cals.

-------------

Date Posted: November/11/10 at 7:21pm
Hey I for see an issue here , you guys are going to need to make room for the Army airwing, lolololol

Your going to need bomber support

-------------

Date Posted: November/11/10 at 7:39pm

LOLGUARD RESPONDS TO NW CHALLENGE WITH A HUNGRY BITELOL

VALLEY FORGE HQ, Washington --- Deployment orders were issued today to the vigilant and loyal Guard members to take part and lead, when needed, in Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club’s (PSMINI) NW Harvest Challenge against Pacific Northwest Region Porsche Club.

This will be the first year for the elite PSMINI club to participate in a food/money drive challenge with club Porsche and 10th year that KING 5 Home Team Harvest has hosted the food/money drive. This year’s goal for the showcase drive is to reach “10 million meals in 10 years”, which is currently 2.7 million meals short.

“We enjoy a good challenge and we need to come  together to support this community outreach event to the fullest extent possible, especially during these hard economic times,” said Admiral Cho Cho, Imperial Guard MINI Cooper Open-Top Wing Commander and MINI Food Marshall (MFM).  “We need to do our part for the community, lead Porsche by example and remember that what we do in life echoes in eternity like a MINI turbo.

Northwest harvest will accept any nonperishable food and monetary donations. Food donations should be shelf-stable food with the lowest saturated fats and refined carbohydrates (sugar, white flour).

Suggested food donations include: oatmeal, whole grain pastas, brown rice, tomato products, canned vegetables and fruits (especially with low sugar) canned fish and meat, shelf-stable milk, beef stew and chili. In addition, infant and baby foods - formula, powered and canned milk, infant cereal, jars of baby food and baby diapers will be accepted.

Monetary donations are also accepted.   NW Harvest can feed a family of three a nutritious meal for 67 cents. Checks should be made out to NW Harvest or donations dropped off at NW Harvest money collection boxes.

“Join the challenge and bring all your donations to Seattle MINI, located at 11550 Lake City Way NE,” said Tombo, Imperial Guard MINI Cooper Open-Top Tail Gunner and Chief Purser. “We’re planning on motoring over to Redmond Town Center together to drop off our donations at NW Harvest collection point December 4th after we hook up with Club Porsche at Marymoor Park. We will depart Seattle MINI about noon so bring your donations and join us!”

Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club is the leading MINI motoring club of Washington State with over 200 members. The Guard are the furry-faced, tail- waving, eye of providence members of the Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club.

For membership to the Imperial Guard Contact Cho Cho, Her Majesty’s MINI Imperial Guard Commissioning Officer and Directorate of MINI Intelligence, sections 007//011 (MI7/MI11).

-------------

Date Posted: November/11/10 at 7:48pm
Nice Ed

-------------

Posted By: Carole
Date Posted: November/11/10 at 11:44pm
I was thinking that if those who are coming to the Bellingham meet on Saturday want to donate, they could bring their donations, and perhaps one or two of you from the Seattle area could drop them off for us.
I'm also going to post this under the Event posting.

Carole

Date Posted: November/12/10 at 6:23am
Love the theme, the flyer and all the great responses and efforts of this group.  Thought I would toss this information out onto the table and found that

Within the Royal Air Force there is a Number 2 Group and is referred to as the Air Combat Support Group, here's a direct link to information about said group. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No._2_Group_RAF - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No._2_Group_RAF .  Thought it might be fun for anyone who might want to tag their Mini with their own call sign and Squadron designation.

I am going to approach management at my store to allow posting of all the Flyers, and setup of a collection bin to allow customers to participate if they so desire.  At the very least employees have already approached me with their desire to participate and I know we can fill-up at least my Mini.

Full throttle ahead folks, let's kick some butt.

Date Posted: November/12/10 at 7:16am
We have a Special MINI Operation GroupLOL

Thanks John, got the Guard up last night, they are getting fitted for uniforms today, and draft vid is being uploaded today. Going to get busy.

-------------

Date Posted: November/12/10 at 7:24am
Carole,

I'll be attending the B'ham meet Saturday and would be glad to transport any donations down to Seattle MINI for the food drive collection. Thanks!

-------------
'80 Mini English White

Date Posted: November/12/10 at 9:11am
Originally posted by Wildfamily Wildfamily wrote:

Carole,

I'll be attending the B'ham meet Saturday and would be glad to transport any donations down to Seattle MINI for the food drive collection. Thanks!

SUPER, thanks!

Carole

Posted By: GR8SCOT
Date Posted: November/13/10 at 6:28am

Great Scot! I will be there in full battle array. Do we need to be led into the park by a bagpiper?! Now that would be an entrance! My brother is a bagpiper and is back in the Seattle area. If you want him to pipe us in, I'll find out if he is available.

-------------
2015 Blue/White MC with white bonnet stripes

Alison

Posted By: SMOG
Date Posted: November/13/10 at 7:25am
Originally posted by Wildfamily Wildfamily wrote:

and .50 cal machine guns in the bonnet?! Evil Smile

30cal Miniguns would be more appropriateWink.  Maybe a mortar in a Cabriolet?

S.

-------------
I wish there was a local MINI Dealership, like our Honda, Subaru, Mazada and VW.

Date Posted: November/13/10 at 7:27am
GR8SCOT: Too Funny------------If we have a large enough group it would actually be VERY COOL!!!!!

Cheers!

-------------

Date Posted: November/13/10 at 7:34am
Originally posted by Silver_Surfer Silver_Surfer wrote:

We have a Special MINI Operation GroupLOL

Thanks John, got the Guard up last night, they are getting fitted for uniforms today, and draft vid is being uploaded today. Going to get busy.

We could add a #2 Tactical Bomb Group (Oxford) as part of the Special Mini Operations GroupIdea.
S.

-------------
I wish there was a local MINI Dealership, like our Honda, Subaru, Mazada and VW.

Date Posted: November/13/10 at 7:36am
Originally posted by Boomer Boomer wrote:

GR8SCOT: Too Funny------------If we have a large enough group it would actually be VERY COOL!!!!!

Cheers!

I'll second that motion!

S.

-------------

Date Posted: November/13/10 at 7:36am
Does anyone have access to a underground or covered parking garage? Top Secret Project needs this!
Cheers!

-------------

Date Posted: November/13/10 at 7:50am
The bagpiper would be EXCELLENT!  Maybe (if it isn't raining), he could be in an open cabrio so we don't hold up traffic in Redmond.

I'm thinking if this all comes together, we should alert King 5, and Barry at MC2 as well.

-------------
2006 Hyper Blue JCW

Date Posted: November/13/10 at 7:55am
Pat, King 5 is already part of this food drive. It's the King 5 Home Team.

Cheers!

-------------

Date Posted: November/13/10 at 8:21am
If they had a Heads Up that a Piper was going to be riding in a Mini to delivery food then a camera could be fired up at the correct time.

S.

-------------

Date Posted: November/13/10 at 8:26am
In all the Parade functions and Events has anyone ever used confetti? A mortar (air cannon) firing confetti would be pretty cool if the city would allow it under their cleanup rules.

S.

-------------

Date Posted: November/13/10 at 12:20pm
Just received the NW Harvest Winter Newsletter. Here are some sobering facts from the letter:

NWH & partners now provide over 634,000 services a month a 35% INCREASE.

In 2009, over 800,000 Washingtonians live in poverty, largest # in 51 years.
More than half of those served by NWH & partners are children & elderly.

Children make up only 25% of the U.S. population but 36% of those living in poverty. More than 224,000 of WA children live below the federal Poverty Level.

The first three months of NWH fiscal year, did not meet budget goals for food or fund raising.

Let's change this statistic------------and kick some Porsche butt!!!!

Cheers!

-------------

Posted By: MINIMNT
Date Posted: November/13/10 at 4:16pm
We're in!  We could even bring both MINIs to Seattle MINI that day to help transport donations that get dropped off ahead of time.

-------------
2003 Silk Green Girly MINI - married to Napoleon II (valvashon)

Date Posted: November/13/10 at 4:49pm
Greg you may want to take Martins post move it to the first post and start a list so you know how many Mini's will be involved. Or we lock and move this to a official thread. Just a suggestion.

John

-------------

Date Posted: November/13/10 at 5:17pm
I know King 5 is already involved in by sponsoring this drive, but do they have any idea what is going on with the 2 (or 3) car clubs.  They might find it more interesting than just reporting that the food drive gathered some food for NWH.  Just a thought.

-------------
2006 Hyper Blue JCW

Date Posted: November/13/10 at 5:54pm
When I get home I can fire off what I posted on facebook as a event to king 5 unless Martin wants to. I also think we need to work on our car count 20 would be good to try for. I wonder if Seatle Mini would send a coulpe of their Minis

John

-------------

Date Posted: November/13/10 at 5:55pm
Providing I am well enough to drive I will be thereThumbs Up.

S.

-------------

Date Posted: November/13/10 at 7:14pm
I'll come too!  Just tell me when and what time we have to be there :)

Carole

Date Posted: November/13/10 at 9:17pm
I will be going but I just moved here recently and won't have very much food from neighbors... I work at home also so I can't hit up the co-workers.
 I'll bring a check as well. 

-------------

Date Posted: November/14/10 at 1:05am
Hey we made it made it.. http://www.king5.com/community/Northwest-Car-Clubs-revved-up-over-Home-Team-Harvest-107539573.html - http://www.king5.com/community/Northwest-Car-Clubs-revved-up-over-Home-Team-Harvest-107539573.html

-------------

Posted By: MINIMNT
Date Posted: November/14/10 at 10:41am
That's cool!  Posted to Facebook!

-------------
2003 Silk Green Girly MINI - married to Napoleon II (valvashon)

Posted By: swhobbit
Date Posted: November/14/10 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by SMOG-1 SMOG-1 wrote:

If they had a Heads Up that a Piper was going to be riding in a Mini to delivery food then a camera could be fired up at the correct time.

We could just lead with an R/C MINI, preferably one with a decent check attached to its antenna.   I can supply both.

I'm working on the Admin Assistants at work set up a collection there.  (Can a 2006 MINI MCSC fit through standard double door?  Drop the top in our underground garage lobby and use the car as the collection bin ...)

-------------
PURRMOR: 2001 Melting Silver Cooper S Convertible

Date Posted: November/14/10 at 3:57pm
The R/C Mini could chase the bagpipers around!!!!!!!! Cool!

Not sure is a Mini would fit threw the double doors but GREAT IDEA!!!!! At least take some measurements!

Cheers!

-------------

Date Posted: November/15/10 at 12:26pm
Originally posted by Boomer Boomer wrote:

Not sure is a Mini would fit [thru] the double doors but GREAT IDEA!!!!! At least take some measurements!

Sadly, the AA's think the building owner would object.

-------------

Date Posted: November/16/10 at 6:43am
Saw this story on the web this morning - Federal report: U.S. hunger remains at highest levels in 15 years ( http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/11/15/poverty.hunger/index.html?hpt=T2 - http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/11/15/poverty.hunger/index.html?hpt=T2 )
 Story Highlight 
  • "Food insecurity" rates in the U.S. changed little from 2008 to 2009, a report says
  • Levels of fighting hunger are as high as they've been since record-keeping began
  • Participation in federal food assistance programs increased over the past year

Could be worse but it should be better, hunger is 100% preventable. We have the resources to share (food items) and donate (financies/time). We start by raising awareness to make a difference/impact in the fight against hunger.

• -------------

Date Posted: November/16/10 at 8:05am
    Ed, many thanks for the video & the list!WooHoo

Would be really nice to have 25+ cars for the rally!

Think Martin & John are working on getting a official sign up sheet started so people can set aside the date and have some fun putting NW Harvest closer to their goal.

I'm sure our friends @ Porsche are hard at work. Let's SMOKE UM!!!!

Cheers!

-------------

Date Posted: November/16/10 at 7:54pm
    My wife Jo will bring her red car, so 19 Minis.  Pat

-------------
    2006 Hyper Blue JCW

Posted By: Escape Pod
    Date Posted: November/17/10 at 6:30am

We'll be there too, and we can bring two MINIs (Escape Pod and Roy).

-------------
    Roy & Beth Morey
    Red/Blk JCW Roadster (His)
    Silver/Red JCW Coupe (Hers)

Date Posted: November/17/10 at 12:57pm
    Do we have a list of current drop off points?

-------------

Date Posted: November/17/10 at 2:02pm
    John, NW Harvest has several drop off points. Check their website for locations:
    http://www.northwestharvest.org/ - http://www.northwestharvest.org/
    For the Mini/Porsche Challenge the drop off is Seattle Mini. I'm doing a container at the Bar for our customers to donate but anyone could drop stuff off @ Lakepointe.

Cheers!

Greg

-------------

Date Posted: November/17/10 at 2:06pm
    Just figured out why BMW Club never responded. The NW Toy Drive is the same day @ Pacific Raceways and they have a post on their board for this charity event. Too bad both are scheduled for the same day.

May have to buy a toy and drive down to Pacific Raceway after the Food Drive concludes.

Cheers!

-------------

Date Posted: November/17/10 at 2:16pm
    Greg do we have any of our club sponsors willing to act as drop offs?

-------------

Date Posted: November/17/10 at 3:10pm
    John, not that I know of.
    Cheers!

-------------

Date Posted: November/17/10 at 4:04pm

PSMINI member drop off location - Gregg's Cycle in Lynnwood.

I've got our store (Gregg's Cycles in Lynnwood) as a drop off point mainly for co-workers who wanted to contribute and any customers.  Thus I see no reason we can't expand to be a drop off for anyone else.  Store hours are 10-8 mon-fri and Sat-Sun 10-6.  The drop off is immedaitely inside the front door so easy to drop off.  I'll see if we can expand to Gregg's in Greenlake and Bellevue stores as well.  If so, will have to figure out how to get food from other stores to the mini for Saturday run. 

Keep up the great work everyone

Date Posted: November/17/10 at 4:09pm
    If anyone knows of a place that could be a drop off point up north here in Bellingham, let me know. I could bring the stuff down with me. I am retired, so can't really collect any where, but I could fill the boot and back seat of my MINI. 

If anyone else up this way can help bring stuff down from B'ham, let me know and I'll be glad to coordinate it. I know most people up here give to the Bellingham food bank, but maybe we can get some donations for Northwest Harvest as well.

Carole

Date Posted: November/17/10 at 4:40pm
    If Accutint would be interested that would give us 3 locations

-------------

Date Posted: November/17/10 at 5:07pm
    Carole

I've been looking for an excuse to go Visit Bellinghman.  If you can't find any other way to get the food here than drop me a line and I'll see what I can schedule to come up and gather your donations.  As I'm tentatively planning on making the drive on Saturday so I can come up say one or two weeks ahead of time before the final drop off. 

Date Posted: November/17/10 at 5:14pm
    Originally posted by papermaster papermaster wrote:

Carole

I've been looking for an excuse to go Visit Bellinghman.  If you can't find any other way to get the food here than drop me a line and I'll see what I can schedule to come up and gather your donations.  As I'm tentatively planning on making the drive on Saturday so I can come up say one or two weeks ahead of time before the final drop off. 

I won't have a lot of donations as everyone up here gives to the local food bank. So unless we have members up this way who would like to donate, I won't have a lot to bring. I'd be happy to pick stuff up from people in the Bellingham area, if people have food or checks they'd like to donate. 

If anyone works up this way and can collect at work, I'd be happy to help transport the food down there. I know we had 5 or 6 cars meet at Fairhaven for the rally last weekend, so I thought perhaps if those folks could collect at work, I could help bring the stuff down. I can't carry heavy things as I'm still recovering my car accident, so I'm just bringing a check Smile

Carole

Date Posted: November/17/10 at 8:42pm
    Nice work and thanks Papermaster. I'm sure we can work something out to get the stuff from your store to Seattle MINI. Keep us posted on quantity as we get closer and we can figure something out. I work in MLT so could and will be off work on the 3rd heading to Seattle for the weekend so could pick up from Lynnwood and deliver to Seattle MINI on Friday possibly for you.

-------------
    '80 Mini English White

Date Posted: November/18/10 at 5:13pm
    Just go the word that I can get the 4th off, so will be there with bells on for sure.  Our store is completely dead in the winter so I don't imagine we'll get too many donations from customers.  I am trying to get all employees to contribute.  Unless things really take off, I'll probably have plenty of cargo room for what we collect here.  But I'll keep you posted if the program really takes off.  Thanks for the offer and feedback, let's keep it rolling

Date Posted: November/18/10 at 5:28pm
    Martin:

Add SMOG-1 to the list for a meet @ Seattle Mini on the 4th.  OOPS!  Never mind, I guess we were already on the list!  SMOG-2 is getting off the ship on DEC 1 but I doubt it will be ready for this Cruise.

Stephen & Lee

-------------

Date Posted: November/18/10 at 7:00pm
    SMOG-1 would like to video you getting SMOG-2 at NWMINI/SEATTLE MINI. Let me know the date. Would like to include in the 2010 PSMINI XMAS Video. Let me know when and we'll be there.

-------------

Date Posted: November/18/10 at 7:02pm
    Silver Surfer:

Will do.

S.

-------------

Date Posted: November/20/10 at 3:17am
    Okay found it now how do you do this??????

http://miniusa.volunteermatch.org/results/org_detail.jsp?orgid=3795 - http://miniusa.volunteermatch.org/results/org_detail.jsp?orgid=3795

-------------

Date Posted: November/20/10 at 8:29am
    John, good question. Might have to ask he folks at Seattle Mini.

Cheers!

-------------

Date Posted: November/21/10 at 4:11pm
    Sadly, I've been trumped at work, they are already running a drive this week for HopeLink.  I'll probably just go buy a MINI load of stuff my self on the way to Seattle MINI that day.

-------------

Posted By: Chili Red Baron
    Date Posted: November/22/10 at 6:54am
    We will drop off a donation at Seattle MINI. Unfortunately we will not be able to attend this fun event due to a prior commitment. Sounds like something that could become an annual event.

-------------
    2016 thunder grey metallic Cooper S MINI Clubman with a John Cooper Works interior.

Posted By: Habanero
    Date Posted: November/22/10 at 12:12pm
    Martin - a request.  Make it easy for all us folks who can't 'be there'.  (We'll be in San Diego.)
    Please post a link where we can securely donate.  Then send out a 2nd email saying where/how.

BTW, Habanero continues his "lucky" streak - stopped dead in traffic last week on I -90 he gets smacked from behind by an uninsured '87 Chevy van.  Nobody hurt, but Habanero leaked tears from his right front headlight.

-------------
    Mike & Ruth

'07 MCS, CR/B, NO sun roof, DSC, LSD, Premium, Leather, English Oak, chrome line interior, blingy thingies

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com
    Copyright ©2001-2023 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net