Print Page | Close Window

MINI/PORSCHE CHALLENGE II

Printed From: Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club
Category: Site Information and Feedback
Forum Name: NW Harvest MINI v. PORSCHE 2011 Challenge
Forum Description: Let's raise some money for NW Harvest and show that MINI Hearts are MIGHTY Hearts!
URL: http://www.psmini.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=8439
Printed Date: April/23/24 at 2:30am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: MINI/PORSCHE CHALLENGE II
Posted By: Boomer
Subject: MINI/PORSCHE CHALLENGE II
Date Posted: October/11/11 at 2:01pm
Mini/Porsche Challenge II   
What is this? How did it start?

It is: A community effort to raise food and money for Northwest Harvest.

It started: By an innocent article in Spiel, the magazine of the local Porsche Club, written by the Social Chair and Director at Large of the Pacific Northwest Region of the Porsche Club of America (PNWR).

The article mentioned the effort of a much smaller club, Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club (PSMINI), in donating to Northwest Harvest. All good, right? But the article went on to tout the “SIZE and STRENGTH” of his club, the PNWR of the Porsche Club of America. All good again, but…?

It sounded to some that PNWR could do a much better job in raising food and funds than this little PSMINI car club. Well, it seems the author of this article didn’t consider that one reader belonged to both clubs and was involved in the previous efforts of the much smaller club.

The outcome was a “CHALLENGE” that was accepted and adopted by both organizations, with in over 100 cars participating, loaded with food donations and over $5,000.00 in monetary donations. The WINNER-----------NORTHWEST HARVEST!

Members of both clubs are fortunate and caring individuals that also like competition! But, more importantly, they believe the overall health of their community is critical to their way of life.Their goal, expend effort to enrich the community and add a “FUN TWIST” to the whole thing. Pretty cool!!!!

We have a Facebook page - If you are registered with Facebook, go visit the page and share with all your friends: 
http://www.facebook.com/pages/MINIPorsche-Challenge-II/265275483508756?sk=wall" rel="nofollow - http://www.facebook.com/pages/MINIPorsche-Challenge-II/265275483508756?sk=wall

Plan on being at Overlake Christian Church @ Noon on Dec 3, 2011. ( http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Overlake+Christian+Church+Redmond" rel="nofollow - http://maps.google.com/maps?q= - ond )
Bring your MINI or Porsche filled to the brim with food. Can’t bring food? Don’t despair -- hop in your car and motor down with a check, for whatever you can afford, made payable to Northwest Harvest.

BE A PART OF YOUR COMMUNITY-------ENJOY YOUR CAR and YOUR FELLOW CAR NUTS, and come out and receive a very special sense of accomplishment through your generosity.

We are hoping to see everyone from last years “Challenge” plus many more MINI and Porsche owners supporting our community.

Cheers!

Boomer
Mini and Porsche owner

If you missed this event last year---------------------DON'T this year. Never had as much fun prior to the event and during the event as I had last year. The gratification of giving to the less fortunate in our community is REALLY REWARDING!

So----------get READY TO SHOW PORSCHE THEY MAY HAVE NUMBERS --------------------------- But Mini has HEART!

Additional details will be posted as they get nailed down.

Tell your friends, family, co-workers, neighbors to start packing away food stuff or $$$$ now!!

Cheers!

PS: Watch for videos in the not to distant future. We have our Ed (SPIELBERG) producing and directing this years hit! WINSTON WILL RULE!

(fixed calendar notation)

-------------
07 MCS, JIC Cross C/O, JCW BBK, Milltek exhaust, RR DP, Helix I/C, RMW tune (208.5 WHP & 238.3 WTQ)Ray's (17 lbs) and Nitto NT01 for track duty

Replies:
Posted By: SMOG
Date Posted: October/11/11 at 2:12pm
Is there going to be a PayPal setup for Club Donations?

-------------
I wish there was a local MINI Dealership, like our Honda, Subaru, Mazada and VW.

Date Posted: October/11/11 at 2:18pm
From the Porsche Web Site:
Food Drive
Category Social
Start 12/3/2011 1:00 PM
End 12/3/2011 3:00 PM
Description The challenge is on again! Larry Nelson is again spearheading the challenge to the Puget Sound Mini Club (and hopefully some other car clubs as well) to support the Northwest Harvest Food Drive. Make plans to join us Saturday, Dec. 3 for the PNWR Food Drive to aid King 5 Home Team and Northwest Harvest. Bring food donations and/or cash and caravan with us to the food collection site.

For the past nine years King 5 Home Team, in conjunction with Northwest Harvest, has held their annual food drive.

Watch for coming details.

-------------
07 MCS, JIC Cross C/O, JCW BBK, Milltek exhaust, RR DP, Helix I/C, RMW tune (208.5 WHP & 238.3 WTQ)Ray's (17 lbs) and Nitto NT01 for track duty

Date Posted: October/11/11 at 2:22pm
Stephen, that would be nice but I'm not sure how to do this since it would have to be NW Harvest accepting funds and then tracking these funds for the respective club.

They (NW Harvest or maybe King 5) might have this established (don't know).

Would you like to do some research. Think we talked about this last year but decided it might be a nighmare to keep track of the donations made by club members.

Cheers!

-------------

Date Posted: October/11/11 at 2:46pm
Greg:

Yes, it is possible to donate directly to NW Harvest online but I did not see anything that would indicate the donation came from PSMINI.

I checked King 5 and found nothing except an NW HArvest mobile van.

As for keeping straight who donated how much, that seems sort of pointless but which Club Donated the Most $$$ does have application.

Stephen

-------------
I wish there was a local MINI Dealership, like our Honda, Subaru, Mazada and VW.

Date Posted: October/11/11 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by SMOG SMOG wrote:

Greg:

As for keeping straight who donated how much, that seems sort of pointless but which Club Donated the Most $$$ does have application.

Stephen

Agree, need to track donations by Club! This was an issue last year and I'd really like to have all club member donations, $$$ & FOOD credited to our club's efforts.

Afterall it is a Competition Wink

Cheers!

-------------

Date Posted: October/11/11 at 3:11pm
I was thinking that if PSMINI had a PayPal account setup specifically for annual donations to NW Harvest then donations could be made all year long with one annual distribution.  In doing it that way there would be a chance to amass more $$$ because all the dollar donations would not be expected to come right before the Holiday Season.  It might have the benefit of gaining interest$$ in the account as it sat there awaiting distribution.

-------------

Date Posted: October/11/11 at 4:31pm
Stephen, good idea but not sure if the club wants to take on the fiduciary responsibilty for this type of set up.

Checks still work & so does the US Mail. At least as of today!!!!!!

Cheers!

-------------

Posted By: Genie B
Date Posted: October/11/11 at 5:15pm
So happy to see this on our calendar - it was really fun last year - and the weather cooperated, which would be nice again this year!

RE:  tracking donations by Club:  This is a really Low-Tech idea, but what if we gave the Harvest people a big manila envelope on the day of the event for our club. Then make sure donors write on their check notation:  PSMINI, etc. - or make sure the person you hand it to puts it in the correct Club collection envelope.

We could have a supply of small white envelopes there to give to people who donate cash. They could write their name, amount, PSMINI, etc.

OR, instead of the Harvest people handling the collection envelope, a Club person could have it at the meet-up beforehand. It would contain all of our checks/cash collected that day, be clearly marked as PSMINI donations, and handed in to NW Harvest when we drop off the food.

Thoughts ???

-------------

Posted By: onramp
Date Posted: October/11/11 at 5:37pm
Though we had a TON of fun last year, I was really disappointed that NW Harvest lost track of who brought what.  I really thought we had whupped some high falutin' fannies. 

Doesn't matter, though - count me in.

Thoughts on inviting the south club, or are there still strong feelings (and John whats-his-name doesn't count - he is still overbearing and now kinda shunned by the south folk).

Pat

-------------
2006 Hyper Blue JCW

Date Posted: October/12/11 at 5:25am
Originally posted by Genie B Genie B wrote:

RE:  tracking donations by Club:  This is a really Low-Tech idea, but what if we gave the Harvest people a big manila envelope on the day of the event for our club. Then make sure donors write on their check notation:  PSMINI, etc. - or make sure the person you hand it to puts it in the correct Club collection envelope.

We could have a supply of small white envelopes there to give to people who donate cash. They could write their name, amount, PSMINI, etc.

OR, instead of the Harvest people handling the collection envelope, a Club person could have it at the meet-up beforehand. It would contain all of our checks/cash collected that day, be clearly marked as PSMINI donations, and handed in to NW Harvest when we drop off the food.

Thoughts ???

Is King 5 holding the "Contest" of who can donate the most or is it NW Harvest? 

It would seem King 5 would be in the position to document a $$$$ presentation rather than NW Harvest having to catalog all envelopes/checks etc. plus it would higher Club visibility.

Cash/Checks would be fairly easy to track, but the food donations would be a mystery unless someone was documenting the total weight donated and logging that number; doubt that will happen.

-------------

Posted By: Rob N
Date Posted: October/12/11 at 6:19am

Last year, we missed a huge opportunity by not considering the effect of matching corporate donations for those of us so employed. 

By planning this correctly (and most likely having to use checks), we could easily double our $$ for free for a lot of us.  I for one spent quite a bit of cash at Costco but found that did not qualify for a corporate match by my employer after the fact.  Won't do that again.  Ours requires $$ directly to the charity for a match.

-------------
Rob, Vickie and Alice

COOPR-S

The question is, "When you turn on your car does it return the favor?"

Date Posted: October/12/11 at 6:45am
Rob:

That seems to take us back to entertaining the thought of a common money pool being dispersed at one time to NW Harvest.

Does PSMINI have a separate bank account for Membership Applications that are now using PayPal?  What would be the cost for a Savings Account specifically for NW Harvest/PSMINI with a PayPal or Check Deposit capability ???

-------------

Date Posted: October/12/11 at 7:53am
Love this club!!!!

Genie B.---That's what we did last year. My Boss Suzie collected the checks, added them up and presented to NW Harvest @ the Food Drop off point. Worked OK!

Pat, that was partly my fault. This year Larry N. & I are working on a solution to accounting for the food donations. STAY TUNED!

Pat, I've asked that the South End club be invited as well as the orininal Mini Club (can't think of their names right now). I think for this event, we should all join forces, after all it is a charity event and we are down on numbers so WHY NOT!!!!! The Board needs to make the call.

Stephen, King 5 is orgainizing the drive to benefit NW Harvest. We are a seperate "Group/Contest" within this "Area" food drive benefiting NW Harvest. We benefitted last year with a spot on their local TV coverage. We have some new ideas we'll be working on to hopefully increase our events coverage and hopefully increease participation for both Clubs.

Rob, THAT IS A SENSATIONAL IDEA. Don't know how "matching donations" really are dispersed but if employers could provide their matching funds to be delivered at or before the event, that would really help our total donations. Maybe you can check & see how this really works for you and hopefully it will be the same for other employers. As long as we can get these funds delivered to the Club so they can be counted as donations "our members made" we are good to go! Anyone that has this "Benifit" please ask how it works!!!!

Stephen, I understand your position of wanting to use " modern convenience" tools but for this type of event the "old fashion way" may work best.

Keep the ideas flowing and drop me a PM. Some of you guys have my email, so feel free to use it.

A BIG REQUEST:

IS ANYONE A FACEBOOK EXPERT. CAN A DEDICATED FACEBOOK PAGE BE PUT TOGETHER FOR THIS CHALLENGE: MINI / PORSCHE CHALLENGE II.

Contact me, I've asked the board to check but if there is someone out there that can do this & work with the Porsche Club to get pictures, videos, commentary, stuff from last years event up on this page, please let me know.

With this group, and more time, and use of new/better technology ------------we'll ROCK PORSCHES WORLD!!!

Cheers!

-------------

Date Posted: October/12/11 at 8:16am
My employer matches $4$ up to $5,000 per associate per year as long as the recipient is 501(c)3.

Other requirements:
  • Gifts must be personal contributions paid either in cash or securities.
  • The amount of each gift must equal at least $25 USD to be eligible.
  • The contribution must be actually paid, not simply pledged.
  • There is a way for he recipient to verify the gift match online so we can probably solve this by providing a copy of the gift application to NW Harvest along with our check.

-------------
    Rob, Vickie and Alice

COOPR-S

Date Posted: October/12/11 at 8:32am
    Rob, THANK YOU! That should work and while I'm uncertain if we can actually count the matching funds at the time of the presentation, it would certainly benefit NW Harvest. With the Gift Application presented with the Member Check, I don't see why this couldn't be counted but it's another question I'll see if I can ask of NW Harvest.

So if you donate, $25.00 by personal check & your employer matches the contribution it is really $50.00 donation. We'd have your check for $25.00 and a Gift Application Receipt for $25.00 from your employer. Correct? So this should count as $50.00 in donations!

COOL!!!!!

Cheers!

-------------

Date Posted: October/12/11 at 8:59am
    That's how I would do it. 

-------------
    Rob, Vickie and Alice

COOPR-S

Posted By: Genie B
    Date Posted: October/12/11 at 9:56am
    The actual donation total and the expected matching funds total could both be announced.
    If you know your employer will match the full amount, half, etc. that can be noted aong with your donation.

The Classic Mini Club is Seattle Area Mini Owners Association (SAMOA). I think we communicate with Tim Boyd, but our Board would know the contact info.

Cheers!  

-------------

Posted By: WOODSTOCK
    Date Posted: October/12/11 at 11:22am
    Originally posted by onramp onramp wrote:

Though we had a TON of fun last year, I was really disappointed that NW Harvest lost track of who brought what.  I really thought we had whupped some high falutin' fannies. 

Doesn't matter, though - count me in.

Thoughts on inviting the south club, or are there still strong feelings (and John whats-his-name doesn't count - he is still overbearing and now kinda shunned by the south folk).

Pat

Pat:  Could you (and Mitch?) take point on posting and inviting the south club?  It would be great if they would join us.

Tim Boyd is the current President of SAMOA and I'll shoot him a note.

-------------
    WOODSTOCK: Linda's 2005 LY MCSC with feel good graphics and go fast mods.
    CINIMIN: Jack's 2006 Chili Red/White Coupe
    KEMO-SABE: Our 2011 Bright White/Blk All4 Countryman

Date Posted: October/13/11 at 8:16am
    Ed (Spielberg) was kind enough to provide the links to videos from last years challenge.

Take a look and see if these videos ignites your passion to participate in this years event!

We will be working with the PCA to come up with NEW VIDEOS for this years event so STAY TUNED!

In the meantime, watch:
    wlmailhtml:%7bF472ED4D-E147-4C3E-BD7D-8F73A55D2369%7dmid://00000002/!x-usc:http://vimeo.com/17552387" rel="nofollow - - http://vimeo.com/17245616
    http://vimeo.com/16838738" rel="nofollow -

Date Posted: October/13/11 at 12:17pm
    "WINSTON" is "TWIZZLER" and belongs to the Kar*ns!  I'm sure they will be happy to participate!

I can do some checking on our PayPal account for donations. 

-------------

Date Posted: October/13/11 at 7:44pm
    Got the OK to bring the south club, and President Linda is actually going to send out invites to all of the Mini related clubs.  Let the NEW GIANT KILLER rule (like we did last year!).

I will start posting and maybe Mitch will lend a hand.

I'm thinking we had better start looking for a bigger parking lot somewhere to meet up.

-------------
    2006 Hyper Blue JCW

Date Posted: October/14/11 at 6:26am

Got the OK to bring the south club, and President Linda is actually going to send out invites to all of the Mini related clubs.  Let the NEW GIANT KILLER rule (like we did last year!).

I'm thinking we had better start looking for a bigger parking lot somewhere to meet up.

Pat:  The Lilliputian's are on the move!  We shall slay The Giant, if we can get our ducks in a rowWave...

Linda:  Can we send funds to PSMINI/NW Harvest (via check) and have all the funds from PSMINI delivered at one time?  Address for sending funds???

Last year when PSMINI was not allowed to go through the NW Harvest drop off point in a continuous line of MINI's I would bet the NW Harvest bookkeeping lost track.

Stephen

-------------

Posted By: swhobbit
    Date Posted: October/20/11 at 10:41pm
    While it's a very worthy cause ...

You have an odd idea of fun.  That was a congested hurry up and wait, as Katherine and I recall.  Lake City to Redmond is not exactly the open road.

-------------
    PURRMOR: 2001 Melting Silver Cooper S Convertible

Date Posted: October/21/11 at 5:43am
    Originally posted by swhobbit swhobbit wrote:

While it's a very worthy cause ...

You have an odd idea of fun.  That was a congested hurry up and wait, as Katherine and I recall.  Lake City to Redmond is not exactly the open road.

I totally agree with the"Hurry up & wait", and that is one of the reasons for mailing in funds to PSMINI would ensure that it came from the Club.

-------------

Posted By: Hapa Haole
    Date Posted: October/22/11 at 10:08am
    Originally posted by Boomer Boomer wrote:

A BIG REQUEST:

IS ANYONE A FACEBOOK EXPERT. CAN A DEDICATED FACEBOOK PAGE BE PUT TOGETHER FOR THIS CHALLENGE: MINI / PORSCHE CHALLENGE II.

Contact me, I've asked the board to check but if there is someone out there that can do this & work with the Porsche Club to get pictures, videos, commentary, stuff from last years event up on this page, please let me know.

With this group, and more time, and use of new/better technology ------------we'll ROCK PORSCHES WORLD!!!

Cheers!

Please count me in! Last year was awesome (even with the hurry up and wait). This year will be even better with more planning and organizing.

I don't consider myself a Facebook expert, but I'd be willing to look into starting a Facebook page for this. I know how to create an Event invite, so maybe I could figure out how to create a "page" or just do both. Any advice from a Facebook expert? Send me a PM.

Thank you,
    Brenda

-------------
    Brenda w/LUV2MTR plates- Aug '06 S, Hyper Blue, white top/sport stripes, chrome in/out, all pkgs, English leather, chrono pack, HK stereo, Jan tune, CAI, 15%, H&R coilovers, rear sway bar, control arm

Posted By: Speeddemon150
    Date Posted: October/22/11 at 10:41am
    i can also create a facebook page il make a sample and post it here if no one has made one yet?

-------------
    i stole my wifes thunder

Date Posted: October/22/11 at 12:58pm
    Brenda & Speeddemon150, thanks so much. Roy is taking a look to see what can be done. Really like to have this page available to both Clubs to put stuff up and invite memberships to talk trash about the upcoming CHALLENGE.

Will keep you guys in the loop as I learn more.

Cheers!

-------------

Date Posted: October/22/11 at 8:01pm
    Originally posted by Rob N Rob N wrote:

By planning this correctly (and most likely having to use checks), we could easily double our $$ for free for a lot of us.  I for one spent quite a bit of cash at Costco but found that did not qualify for a corporate match by my employer after the fact.  Won't do that again.  Ours requires $$ directly to the charity for a match.

As does Google.  Even ignoring the scoring, we want matching.  So someone needs to collect the donations as checks or credit card receipts (which really means checks.)

(and btw, we are happy to donate, but the drive itself felt more a like a slow commute.)

-------------

Posted By: valvashon
    Date Posted: October/22/11 at 10:12pm
    How about this to deal with the slow trip through the donation point:

1- We meet up with the Porsche club at the designated point (like at Marymoor Park last year).  We count cars, count money, try not to gloat when we win the challenge either on cars or money or pounds of food or any combination thereof.

2- We load the food into the number of MINIs that will hold it, designating beforehand some "working MINIs" that are capable of handling large loads.

3- Club Presidents (edit: or another designated club officer to ensure accountability) will drive to the designated drop off point with cash and checks and the "Working MINIs" and presumably "Working Porsches" will do the drive through and drop off of the food.  That way it reduces congestion at the drop off point and NW Harvest will have an easier time weighing our food donations.

4- Those of you not participating in the food/money drop off could then proceed immediately to whatever post donation activity is planned.  We could even drive together to the drop off vicinity, just not into the parking lot where they are taking the donations.

Just an idea.

Bruce

-------------
    ...Now mom may drive to the grocery store, But that's not what this car is really for...

Date Posted: October/23/11 at 6:40am
    Bruce:

More good ideas, thanks! 

I think the Club Presidents need to have the monies in hand and tallied before going to Marymoor Park.  That park was nothing more than a waaaay to small parking lot with no possible means of organization.

Stephen

-------------

Posted By: Dave's not here
    Date Posted: October/23/11 at 8:33am
    Great suggestion Bruce.  If participation in this event grows as it should, the less congestion we contribute will make everything better.  And if we do get more cars from both sides, a MUCH bigger post meeting place will have to be found.

-------------
    5 race wins, 2 in the rain. 2nd in ICSCC G Production Championship 2005 and 2006. Now I'm just gonna drive the MINI.

Date Posted: October/23/11 at 8:36am
    Great IDEAS!!! Keep them coming.

Couple of things:

Looking for a new meeting point that's larger. We hope to get 300 + cars at this event between the two clubs. Need a large area close to the Drop Off, Redmond Town Center.

NW Harvest has already agreed to have dedicated BINS: MINI & Porsche. Part of the problem last year.

NW Harvest does not bring a scale to the drop off. Weight is determined AFTER they get everything back to their location.

We will tally the cash donations and make a presentation of the total funds and have a visual idea of the amount of food donations from each club based on the dedicated bins at the drop off.

Rob N. had a GREAT IDEA on Matching Donations. As long as there is evidence that these employer funds are being donated to NW Harvest in the name of the Mini Owner, we should be good to go. Just have some proof of the matching funds so they can be counted the day of the event.

We are looking for a place to hold a celebration lunch after the drop off. TBA!!

Onramp, Pat, is organizing the SS Mini Club. He may have breakfast, donut stop and/or other activities planned to get the club to the meeting point.

May want to consider smaller groups (SQUADRONS) leaving from seperate areas but all ending up at the MEETING POINT BY XXX Hour.

Looking for ways to make the drop efficient. Several ideas, nothing firm at this point.

Last year, many MINI's were PACKED FULL of donations, be hard to try to consolidate these donations in fewer cars, especially if we get more cars participating. We will continue working with NW Harvest, KING 5 and Eastside HOG to try to get this efficient and FUN!

If other food collection spots are agreed, such as Club Sponsors, need to pick up these donations & get them to the drop off.

Many items to coordinate and try to make this better and more fun this year.

PLEASE KEEP IDEAS FLOWING!

WE WANT TO KICK PORSCHE'S BUTT this year, AND MAKE NW HARVEST BETTER PREPARED TO SERVE OUR COMMUNITY!!!

Look for additional details on this site and watch for emails!

Tell your Mini FRIENDS that may not visit this site. They may participate and want to join the club!

We are at a distinct # disadvantage but we can overcome this with good old fashion marketing among MINI owners.

Linda has reached out to SOMOA and the Inland Empire Club as well as SS MINI.

Cheers!

-------------

Date Posted: October/24/11 at 4:46pm
    OK we have a central meeting point for both Clubs:

Overlake Christian Church: 9900 Willows Road NE, Redmond, WA. They have agreed to allow us to use their parking lot on the day of the event: Sat. Dec. 3rd @ 11:00 AM.

The lot is HUGE, 22 Acres, but we'll have the lot closest to Willows.

We are still working on getting a smooth drive to Redmond Town Center for the tally of goods & $$'s. The donation bins will be labeled, one for Mini & one for Porsche. Also trying to get the drop organized better so all the Club Cars will drop one after the other.

Also think about doing Squadrons. From the East, West, North & South. Need Squadron Leaders. I'm thinking maybe a meet up for the Northeast side could be at like Frost Donuts. Apple Fritter and Coffee sure would sound good. What's everyone think?

Cheers!

-------------

Posted By: CINIMIN
    Date Posted: October/24/11 at 5:13pm
    Great job by all involved so far - finding a suitable meeting place is a huge benefit - thanks to whoever made that possible!  I like the squadron approach - possibley with a pre staging meeting area where we can then descend en mass on the parking lot - similar to what we do for the Tulip Rally...  I'll try to get some involvement from an "outside" organization -
    Thanks again to all supporting this very worthwhile cause -  

-------------
    Jack -

<font color=RED>CINIMIN [/COLOR]

2006 CR/W MCS - 6spd - LSD -15% Pulley - Dinan CAI
    ASA JH6's Koni FSD's 22mm Bar
    Have you hugged a curve today?

Posted By: CORNERS
    Date Posted: October/28/11 at 11:21pm
    All - new details are posted:

We have a Facebook page - If you are registered with Facebook, go visit the page and share with all your friends: 
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/MINIPorsche-Challenge-II/265275483508756?sk=wall" rel="nofollow - http://www.facebook.com/pages/MINIPorsche-Challenge-II/265275483508756?sk=wall

Plan on being at Overlake Christian Church @ 11:00 am on Dec 3, 2011. ( http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Overlake+Christian+Church+Redmond" rel="nofollow - http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Overlake+Christian+Church+Redmond )
    Bring your MINI or Porsche filled to the brim with food. Can’t bring food? Don’t despair -- hop in your car and motor down with a check, for whatever you can afford, made payable to Northwest Harvest.

More to come... 

-------------

Kurt/04 R53 http://youtube.com/user/khammo01" rel="nofollow - Check out My MOD MINI repair videos channel @ YouTube

Posted By: italianjob
    Date Posted: October/29/11 at 5:05am
    I really hope to get the day off!

Stefano

-------------
    (Italian Job) '03 MCS Indie Blue SOLD :'(

(Polpetta) 2008 MClubman S Sitting on Sparco Assetto Gara Wheels

2013 GP

"I killed the clown and took his car"

Date Posted: October/29/11 at 9:10am
    Kurt, thanks big guy!!!!

Facebook page looks awesome. Couple of requests:

If you are on Facebook, tell your friends to check out the page.

Email your friends and personally tell them about the event and if they don't own a MINI, Mini or Porsche, shamelessly ask if they'd like to help you kick Porsche's butt by adding to your donation.

Chat this up at your workplace. See if they'd allow you to place a NW Harvest Collection bin at your place of business (remember, you'll be responsible for getting these donations to the Challenge drop off)

Ask your employer if they would do "matching funds" for your donation to NW Harvest & provide some evidence these funds will be sent to NW Harvest so we can count them when we do the tally of funds raised the day of the event.

Basically, do anything you can to increase MINI or Mini participation at this event.

I've posted links to PSMINI and our new Facebook page on the BMW website so if you know of other websites we could use to get participation, post and place links to this site & our Facebook page.

Let's get some good old marketing done the old fashion way, word of mouth, but using new technology.

Cheers!

-------------

Date Posted: October/29/11 at 1:20pm
    Originally posted by CORNERS CORNERS wrote:

Who is collecting checks (made out to Northwest Harvest, of course) for non-attendee contributors?

-------------

Date Posted: October/29/11 at 1:43pm

Originally posted by CORNERS CORNERS wrote:

Who is collecting checks (made out to Northwest Harvest, of course) for non-attendee contributors?

I'll second that questionApprove.

-------------

Date Posted: October/29/11 at 2:54pm
    Last year, I collected checks at Seattle Mini and MY BOSS added them up and we presented this to NW Harvest at the drop.
    I can do the same thing this year for people attending the event.

If you can't attend, but want to donate, maybe Linda would agree to have checks mailed to the PSMINI membership dues address and then give them to me at the Church.

Really hope people can make it to the event. Remember, the Porsche Club has 1650 paid members and we only have 225. Every car will count, but I can fully appreciate it if you can't attend but still want to donate.

Cheers!

-------------

Posted By: Hot Shot
    Date Posted: October/30/11 at 7:52pm
    I plan on making this again this year. Was a bit hectic last year because I was coming from the south end at another charity event. This year I'll just meet up with everyone at the church. Anyone want to meet up at Frost Donuts and caravan down?

-------------
    -James
    www.jboyerphotography.com

http://www.psmini.org/forum/actual-size-sticker-gb-with-the-red-s_topic6722.html" rel="nofollow - ACTUAL SIZE Sticker GB
    <

Date Posted: October/30/11 at 8:22pm
    James,  I think one of the possible plans is to have a few pre staging areas around the sound - then a big pre-staging meetup before the grand entrance to the Church parking lot - Frost's would be a great starting point for the North Enders...

-------------
    Jack -

Date Posted: October/30/11 at 8:23pm
    Sounds good to me. We'll set something up as we get closer....

-------------
    -James

http://www.psmini.org/forum/actual-size-sticker-gb-with-the-red-s_topic6722.html" rel="nofollow - ACTUAL SIZE Sticker GB
    <

Date Posted: October/31/11 at 7:14am
    James, you know many people on 6speedonline. May I ask you to post information about this event on that website.

You are also pretty tight with many of the Exotics @ RTC people. These people have tons of connections within the car community and may even have a Mini or MINI in their garage (hopefully not too many Porsche owners Wink). Please spread the word with them as well and ask them to tell their friends in the car community.

We'll need all the help we can get again this year! Need to find another Mark, the guy with the Carrera GT & the MINI.  Think he sold the MINI but maybe he'll still support us or the event, even if it's with those big bad Porsche folksSmile!

Cheers!

-------------

Date Posted: October/31/11 at 7:44am

James, you know many people on 6speedonline. May I ask you to post information about this event on that website.

You are also pretty tight with many of the Exotics @ RTC people. These people have tons of connections within the car community and may even have a Mini or MINI in their garage (hopefully not too many Porsche owners Wink). Please spread the word with them as well and ask them to tell their friends in the car community.

We'll need all the help we can get again this year! Need to find another Mark, the guy with the Carrera GT & the MINI.  Think he sold the MINI but maybe he'll still support us or the event, even if it's with those big bad Porsche folksSmile!

Cheers!

I know Mark. He did sell his R56 MINI, but replaced it with a classic Mini instead Big smile. I had thought that the NW Toy Run that 6Speedonline participates in was also on the 3rd, but it looks like it's on the 4th this year. I'll post it on the carz and friends site, 6Speed, and ERTC site to see if we can increase participation.

Thanks,
    James

-------------
    -James

<

Date Posted: October/31/11 at 9:58am
    I posted on the 6Speed site:
    http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/northwest/258996-porsche-vs-mini-nw-harvest-challenge-03-dec-11-a.html

Big smile

-------------
    -James

<

Date Posted: October/31/11 at 10:07am
    I've also shared the link to this page on the Carz and Friends (Closed Group) and Exotics@RTC Facebook pages.

-------------
    -James

<

Date Posted: October/31/11 at 1:51pm
    James, Thanks!!!!!

Many people in the area that own Mini or MINI's don't visit this site or belong to this club (wish they did). So your posts on these sites should really help with attendance and donations.

Hope Mark decides to participate this year. Drives his Carrera GT but donates with Mini. His donation last year put us over the top!!!!! Maybe he'll take the Classic Mini this year!

Thanks again!

Cheers!

-------------

Posted By: 10HULZN
    Date Posted: November/04/11 at 10:04pm
    Darnit, we'll be out the state that weekend.  Best of luck to team MINI!

-------------
    Michael Tenhulzen

Date Posted: November/05/11 at 3:47pm
    Mike - drop a check off at the MBA with Matt at the front desk and I'll pick it up next week.  I'll bring your check with ours.  Pat

-------------
    2006 Hyper Blue JCW

Posted By: kiwi
    Date Posted: November/06/11 at 11:45am
    Myself my wife and my english bulldog bogie will definately be there to donate food and join in the fun.

Posted By: searocko
    Date Posted: November/09/11 at 6:07pm
    Boeing Employees and Retirees...  I have confirmed that Boeing will match employee contributions dollar for dollar, and for retirees, 50 cents on the dollar. 

Go to Total Access, My Community Giving, Gift Match, Request a gift match, then search for Northwest Harvest, Seattle. A number or results will be returned, just pick the first one. Once you fill out your contribution details, you will be able to print out a receipt which you could hand in, along with your check, on the day of the event. 

Couldn't be any easier and not only more $ for a worthy cause, more $ to crush Porsche!  Wink

-------------
    Larry

2005 JB/W MCS:RMW Tuned 215hp/187tq,cam|TSW x-brace|Cross Coilovers w/Swift Springs|OZ Alleggerita|Direzza|Scorpion Exh|etc.

Date Posted: November/09/11 at 7:13pm
    Thumbs UpThumbs Up Good Show Larry - Hope more companies will be a generous!

-------------
    Jack -

Date Posted: November/11/11 at 4:25pm
    News from Porsche! Seems they are bringing their big guns with Larson Porsche and Park Place Motors serving as drop locations prior to the event:

Social
    Description The challenge is on again! For the past year Larry Nelson has been in contact with one of our club members who is also very active in the Puget Sound Mini Motoring Club. Their conversations would always end up on “How we can top last year’s turn-out?” Well, first-off “I hope we don’t need a sunny day.” The chance of that on December 3rd is slim, so rain or shine I hope all the club members can dust off your Porsches to help your community.

This year we have added a Facebook page - If you are registered with Facebook, visit http://www.facebook.com/pages/MINIPorsche-Challenge-II/265275483508756?sk=wall" rel="nofollow - - at 9900 Willows Road N.E. in Redmond to meet-up and begin our caravan to Redmond Town Square to drop off our donation

$$$ Contributions are welcome too
    If you would like to contribute to Northwest Harvest, but aren’t able to make it to any of the drop-off locations, we will also be delivering checks on December 3rd. You can mail checks (payable to Northwest Harvest) to Larry Nelson at 25917 Witte Road SE, Maple Valley, WA 98038. Northwest Harvest buys many food items in bulk, so cash donations can go far in helping feed the hungry this holiday season.

We hope to see all those who attended last year from both clubs. Call your friends--let’s make this even bigger this year. Remember, this is YOUR community and everyone can use a hand now and then.
    http://www.pnwr.org/calendar07/default.asp?CalendarID=4&thisMonth=12&thisYear=2011" rel="nofollow -

Date Posted: November/15/11 at 12:30am
    Hm, somehow I got bumped off this thread. Ermm I was wondering why I hadn't received any notifications for a while. I've got a lot of catching up to do by reading the latest news... Wacko

-------------
    Brenda w/LUV2MTR plates- Aug '06 S, Hyper Blue, white top/sport stripes, chrome in/out, all pkgs, English leather, chrono pack, HK stereo, Jan tune, CAI, 15%, H&R coilovers, rear sway bar, control arm

Posted By: Carole
    Date Posted: November/15/11 at 10:13am
    Can someone verify if this is at 11am or 1pm?  Some posts say to be at the church at 11am. Other say it's 1-3pm.  Very confusing....

Carole

-------------
    "Little Baby Vroom Vroom!" - Chili Red w/white racing stripes, UK side scuttles, sport seats, cold weather & premium pkgs, auto transmission, Piano Black, Xenon headlights, Bluetooth/USB.

Date Posted: November/15/11 at 3:45pm
    Carole, that's my fault and Larry Nelson's at the PCA.

Meeting time is 12:00 Noon at Overlake Christian Church and then we parade over to Redmond Town Center.

We, the MINI group hope to have a Norht End SQUADRON leaving from Frost Donuts. We'll probably meet there early enough to get some sweets and coffee then motor over to the Church.

Are you hoping to bring some other MINI Maniacs with you from Bellingham? Sure hope you can. Watch for some additional details over the next few days.

Thanks for doing this last year and we'll see you again this year. Really want to surpass last years efforts. It's just a good time for a great cause!

Cheers!

-------------

Date Posted: November/15/11 at 3:51pm
    I don't really know any MINI people in Bellingham. I see a lot of MINIs around here, but I don't know if any of them belong to the club.

I won't be doing the donut thing as I'm celebrating a 157 pound weight loss (as of this morning - by 12/3, it will probably be at least 160 :)  So only half of the me that was there last year will be there this year :)

Carole

-------------
    "Little Baby Vroom Vroom!" - Chili Red w/white racing stripes, UK side scuttles, sport seats, cold weather & premium pkgs, auto transmission, Piano Black, Xenon headlights, Bluetooth/USB.

Date Posted: November/15/11 at 4:12pm
    WaveARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    CAROLE CONGRATULATIONS---------------- SEROUSLY THAT IS FANTASTIC!!!!Hug
    Now you have to come to show OFF!
    We have to talk------------really! I need to drop a few(more than a few) pounds and quit doing some other NASTY habits. WELL DONE!!!!!

Cheers!

-------------

Date Posted: November/15/11 at 4:24pm
    Thanks, Boomer :)

Tip #1 - Don't eat the donuts :)  I totally gave up sugar. I had to as I developed Type 11 diabetes and had an A1C of 14.5. I am now controlling it with diet and exercise - no more medications! :)

Oh, I'll be there to show off and I have to confess that I fit a lot better into my MINI, LOL :))))

Carole

-------------

Date Posted: November/15/11 at 4:50pm
    TOO COOL! CONGRATS!!!!!
    Cheers!

-------------

Date Posted: November/15/11 at 5:47pm
    FYI, Seattle MINI just sent out an email that also says, "11am" :(

"We will be meeting up with the Porsche Club on Sat. Dec. 3rd, at Overlake Christian Church, 9900 Willows Road NE, Redmond, WA  98052 at 11:00 AM. From there, we jointly caravan to a Northwest Harvest Drop Off at Redmond Town Center where we tally up the goodies and add up all the checks."

Someone needs to coordinate this....what time does the drop off center think we are going to arrive there? Will they be expecting a huge group?

Carole

-------------

Date Posted: November/15/11 at 6:43pm
    Carole, again one of my MAJOR FAUX PAXS!!!

Already fallen on my sword with Seattle Mini and hopefully a clarification will be sent on the time.
    There is no one to accept BLAME OTHER THAN ME!

We don't have an estimate of the number of cars, we hope it will be greater than last year. The PCA ads still state 1:00 and Larry and I have been trying to correct this as well.

The plan is for everyone to make their way to Redmond Town Center. Meet up at Overlake Christian Church at NOON. Both CLUBS!!!!!!

NW Harvest had indicated there best time to receive our groups are between Noon & 2:00 PM.

From there we plan to "PARADE" over to REDMOND TOWN CENTER for the drop of all our GOODIES and we'll add up all the check donations while we are at the church.

PLEASE ACCEPT MY SINCERE APOLOGIES for ANY AND ALL CONFUSION ON TIMES!!!

NW Harvest has been told are target for this year, but honestly, I don't even know what to expect! Only hoping for more than last year.

Very concerned that Porsche with their 1,650 MEMBERS will arrive in force.

We will be in constant communication with NW Harvest. We had asked for seperate lines & bins for our donations but have only received seperate bins so far.  

I can only say that the confusion is ALL ON ME!!!! Thought this would be better this year with more time-----------------but???????????????????????

Cheers!

-------------

Date Posted: November/15/11 at 11:19pm
    The Facebook page and event have been updated with the correct time: 

If you're on Facebook, please invite your contacts to the following event: 
    http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=235409583179212" rel="nofollow - http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=235409583179212

This is for both MINI and Porsche people. 

-------------

Kurt/04 R53 http://youtube.com/user/khammo01" rel="nofollow - Check out My MOD MINI repair videos channel @ YouTube

Date Posted: November/16/11 at 12:02am
    Greg - Don't be too hard on yourself - trying to coordinate events with multiple organizations participating is always more complicated than you would think. Somehow ("Insert Miricle Here" usually) things end up working out and most people are completly unaware of what the organizers have been thru.

-------------
    Jack -

Date Posted: November/16/11 at 5:53am
    Jack thanks! Really hoping this exceeds last years effort. It's a great cause & our club really stepped up and so did the Porsche club.

The whole idea is to have fun while doing something to assist others in our community.

Pretty COOL if it works!

Cheers!

-------------

Date Posted: November/16/11 at 7:46pm
    I am new to the club but if there is anything I can do to help, please let me know. Also I will be heading down I5 from Camano Island if anyone wants to caravan down to Redmond for this event please let me know, I love nothing more than a bunch of MINis rolling down the road together on a new adventure.

Date Posted: November/17/11 at 7:28am
    Kiwi, welcome to the club! Participation is all that's needed but really appreciate the offer. Wish I knew more people from your area so you all could meet up and drive down together.

Something to consider: A group is getting together @ Frost Donuts prior to the actual meeting. You might want to swing by and meet some of us prior to the event.

You also might want to post something under the Squadron thread. May find some people to join you.

Cheers!

-------------

Date Posted: November/17/11 at 4:08pm
    Kiwi - Please feel welcome to join us at Frost Donuts - located in Mill Creek Town Center.  We'll depart from there in a group for the trip to Overlake Christian Church for the big rumble with the Porsche club -

-------------
    Jack -

Posted By: johnf36
    Date Posted: November/18/11 at 1:47am
    never minc its me

-------------
    If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

Date Posted: November/18/11 at 11:33am
    A big Hoorah for PSMINI!!!

News from Porsche! Seems they are bringing their big guns with Larson Porsche and Park Place Motors serving as drop locations prior to the event:

Social
    Description The challenge is on again! For the past year Larry Nelson has been in contact with one of our club members who is also very active in the Puget Sound Mini Motoring Club. Their conversations would always end up on “How we can top last year’s turn-out?” Well, first-off “I hope we don’t need a sunny day.” The chance of that on December 3rd is slim, so rain or shine I hope all the club members can dust off your Porsches to help your community.

This year we have added a Facebook page - If you are registered with Facebook, visit http://www.facebook.com/pages/MINIPorsche-Challenge-II/265275483508756?sk=wall" rel="nofollow - - at 9900 Willows Road N.E. in Redmond to meet-up and begin our caravan to Redmond Town Square to drop off our donation

$$$ Contributions are welcome too
    If you would like to contribute to Northwest Harvest, but aren’t able to make it to any of the drop-off locations, we will also be delivering checks on December 3rd. You can mail checks (payable to Northwest Harvest) to Larry Nelson at 25917 Witte Road SE, Maple Valley, WA 98038. Northwest Harvest buys many food items in bulk, so cash donations can go far in helping feed the hungry this holiday season.

We hope to see all those who attended last year from both clubs. Call your friends--let’s make this even bigger this year. Remember, this is YOUR community and everyone can use a hand now and then.
    http://www.pnwr.org/calendar07/default.asp?CalendarID=4&thisMonth=12&thisYear=2011" rel="nofollow -

Date Posted: November/18/11 at 6:06pm
    I hope - for NW Harvest, that there are at least 1,000 Porches in the parking lot!  Looking for a great MINI turnout as well.

-------------
    Jack -

Date Posted: November/22/11 at 11:29am
    Has anyone made suggestions for going out to lunch after? Last year, no one seemed to know what was going on, so I just drove home after I dropped off my food at Redmond. I hope this year we could have a firm idea of a place to go, and we'll need to make reservations for a large group.

Carole

-------------

Date Posted: November/23/11 at 8:28am
    Hey Carole, Larry Nelson & I have talked about this at the beginning but haven't come up with anything yet. Last year we did get together, but as you said, it wasn't the best organized announcement and many people didn't come or even know to come.

One of the difficulties with this is NUMBERS! I don't have a clue on the number of MINI's and owners that will be participating in this event. I don't think Larry has a clue on the number of Porsche's and owners from the PCA. Ideally, it would be great to have both clubs attend lunch and get to know each other.

We are still talking about this and as soon as we can, we'll post something on this site & the Facebook page.

Just hoping we have more cars/people than last year!

Stay tuned!

Cheers!

-------------

Date Posted: November/23/11 at 8:39am
    Ok, sounds good :)

Carole

-------------

Date Posted: November/23/11 at 12:26pm
    Larry Nelson of the PCA has talked with the people at the Coho Cafe in Redmond and they are willing to work with us, since we don't have any idea of how many people will come to the event or lunch.

Here's their website:

http://www.cohocafe.com/" rel="nofollow - http://www.cohocafe.com/

It's their Redmond Location, in the Bella Botega Shopping Center.

Hope everyone will come to both the event and the lunch. Kurt, has also put the notice on Facebook!

See you all there!

Cheers!

-------------

Date Posted: November/23/11 at 12:35pm
    DONATION NEWS!

Received our first Cash Contribution from one of our fellow track rats that also carves up the slopes. Since he wasn't sure if he'd be on the slopes or at the event, he mailed a GENEROUS Check.

Now fellow track rats will know this GREAT CAR NUT and TRACK ENTHUSIAST, and he doesn't pilot a MINI but hangs out with fellow enthusiasts, his ride is know as "Dragonfly" and it's black & the Marque name begins with a "P"!

Thanks for getting this PARTY ROLLING!

Cheers!

-------------

Date Posted: November/23/11 at 12:48pm
    As a fellow track rat, I think I know who this is. Wow. Great news!! 

-------------

Date Posted: November/23/11 at 4:24pm
    PFord?

-------------
    2006 Hyper Blue JCW

Date Posted: November/23/11 at 5:41pm

PFord?

Too funny!

-------------

Date Posted: November/23/11 at 6:54pm
    Would that be a Phord?  Or maybe a Pherrari?  Probably not a Phiat.   Great news whatever he drives!

-------------
    Jack -

Date Posted: November/24/11 at 2:27pm
    As previously noted, we don't be attending.  However, we have a check which is worth including, I need someone to deliver it to.

-------------

Date Posted: November/24/11 at 6:40pm
    Swhobbit you can drop or mail it to
    Lakepointe Bar & Grill
    18018 61st Ave NE
    Kenmore, WA
    The owner has a nice MINI!
    Cheers!

-------------

Date Posted: November/25/11 at 5:33pm

Lakepointe Bar & Grill
    18018 61st Ave NE
    Kenmore, WA
    Cheers!
    Done.

-------------

Date Posted: November/26/11 at 12:51pm

Lakepointe Bar & Grill
    18018 61st Ave NE
    Kenmore, WA
    Cheers!
    Done.

Got a pleasant surprise today and that surprise was DOUBLED!!!

Got your GENEROUS CHECK this morning from swhobbit and on the bottom left of the check there is a message: Matching Contribution by XXXXX (his/her employer) WooHoo

Nice way to start the day IMHO! Thanks so much for supporting our community!!!!

With matching contributions like this, we'll KICK SOME PORSCHE BUTT as well as helping others!

Many thanks!

Cheers!

-------------

Date Posted: November/29/11 at 12:14am
    What time will you be meeting at Frost Donuts, would love to meet up before hand.

Date Posted: November/29/11 at 7:57am
    kiwi, I plan to be there around 10:30, 10:45 to get a sugar fix. Think the trip to Overlake Christian Church will only take about 30 min. from there so it will give us time to enjoy coffee and donuts before the face off with Porsche. 

Hope to see you there as well as some other North End Mini Pilots.

Cheers!

-------------

Date Posted: November/29/11 at 12:52pm
    Another Track Rat Delivers!!!!
    Most of the Mini Track Rats will recognize this most recent contributor to NW Harvest. This is a couple that trailer their ride to the track and end up BS'ing with us and just having a good old time talking cars and stuff. Both are really QUICK!!!! He run's in "A" and she runs in "B" and when I see my MIRROR FILL UP with their car, my arm is out the window in a hurry. THEY CAN BOTH DRIVE!!!!!!
    Looks like we only have 1648 Porsche owners to contend with now since the note with the check said: "Put this on the MINI side!!!!!!!
    Quick change of topic. Track season is over for the year but again, I'll try to encourage everyone with an interest in driving, to come out to the track next year. You'll be pleasantly surprised by your ride, amazed at how much you learn and the added bonus is the PEOPLE you'll meet!!!
    Cheers!

-------------

Date Posted: November/29/11 at 1:25pm
    AND  Good weather is in the forecast!!  How can you not come and do this event?

-------------

Date Posted: November/29/11 at 6:24pm

Here's another idea for contributions from Les (& Donna) Alluisi (MINIRVA).  He set up a box at his workplace with the following sign (replace the lines with your info).  Way to go and thanks for sharing, Les!  I've also uploaded a copy of the flyer here for printing: 

http://www.psmini.org/Common/2011fooddrivewithspaces.doc" rel="nofollow - Food Drive Flyer

NORTHWEST HARVEST FOOD DRIVE

Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club

http://www.psmini.org/" rel="nofollow - - - - - - - -

UPDATE!

The Porsche Club (1,650 members )has once again accepted the challenge by the Mini Cooper Club ( 236 members )to see which club can raise the most in donations and goods for Northwest Harvest by December 2nd.  Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to fill the boot of your MINI with all of the food donations (or cash donations) you can.

Help ___________ fill ____ Mini’s boot!!   Donation box is ____________________.  Thanks to all.

What types of food does Northwest Harvest need?
    Northwest Harvest can use any nonperishable food or monetary donations. If you prefer to donate food, select shelf-stable food with the lowest saturated fats and refined carbohydrates (sugar, white flour). We buy white rice and beans in bulk, so we encourage you to donate other items. Here are some suggestions:

General food items:

Oatmeal
    Whole grain pastas
    Brown rice
    Tomato products
    Canned vegetables
    Canned fruit, especially with low sugar (but not artificial sweeteners)
    Canned fish or meat
    Shelf-stable milk
    Beef stew, chili and similar meals with low sugar and saturated fats

Infant and baby foods:

Baby formula
    Canned milk
    Infant cereal
    Jars of baby food
    Powdered or canned milk
    They also accept baby diapers

-------------

Posted By: Silver_Surfer
    Date Posted: December/01/11 at 9:37pm

Let us therefore brace ourselves to our duties, and so bear ourselves...men [and women] will still say, 'This was their Finest Hour.'

Go MINI Go!WooHoo

-------------

NOW PLAYING AT THE CINEMA
    HAPPY NEW YEAR PSMINI http://vimeo.com/18338258

Date Posted: December/01/11 at 9:40pm
    We shall overcome, because we are The Self Preservation Society!

Nice video!

-------------

Date Posted: December/02/11 at 1:28pm
    I'm getting excited about tomorrow!! WooHoo

I'm in on lunch. I hope we'll have a good turnout to celebrate afterwards. Hopefully they'll have room for us? If not, maybe a group of us can meet elsewhere?

I noticed there's a pre-gathering for us southenders in Puyallup at Randy's Restaurant. How come such so early? 9am?!! Confused Sleepy

Jason's restaurant @ 9:00 (near Puyallup Fairgrounds)
    1402 S Meridian, Puyallup, WA 98371

-------------

Date Posted: December/02/11 at 5:10pm
    MORE GOOD NEWS ON THE DONATIONS FRONT!
    Many of you know HAURY's Lake City Collison. Well fortunately I checked the BMW site (I posted there as well) and Jeff was willing to write a check.
    As soon as a saw this post, called and then went down to pick up a VERY GENEROUS DONATION!!!
    The car community is very very cool and filled with some really extraordinary people.
    THANKS JEFF AND THE ENTIRE HAURY'S CREW!
    If a club member needs their service, keep these guys in mind. They do great work on cars and our community.
    Cheers!

-------------

Posted By: Peabody
    Date Posted: December/03/11 at 8:06am
    The only reference I see to a Southend caravan is Brenda's post above, which lists two restaurants and a meeting time of 9:00am.  If there is more information on the Facebook page could someone post it here, as I am not a Facebook member.

-------------
    John & Mavourneen
    2008 MCS Cabrio - BRG - 15%pulley - Dinan CAI - H&R rear sway bar - Screamin Demon coil - Craven strut tower defenders - Multivex mirrors

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com
    Copyright ©2001-2023 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net