Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Events > PSMINI Events and Drives
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PSMINI Goes to the Historic Vintage Races!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Vice President

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shasti212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PSMINI Goes to the Historic Vintage Races!
    Posted: June/19/14 at 8:59pm

What: 26th Annual Pacific Northwest Historic Races

When: July 5th

Time: 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM

Where: Pacific Raceways
              31001 144th Ave SE
              Kent, WA 98042

Cost: $30 per car/driver in car corral payable to PSMINI (Pay Pal or cash)

NOW DISCOUNTED TO $15!!!
                 $25 per person for general admission available at the gate

Details:
Join PSMINI at the 26th Annual Pacific Northwest Historic Races to experience vintage pre-1970 racecars in action on the track! Hundreds of beautifully restored cars will be gearing up for track day to benefit Seattle Children's Hospital. Some of the various makes you will see include Triumphs, Lotus, Alfa Romeos, classic Chevrolet, and many more! For more information on the event visit http://www.northwesthistorics.com/[/COLOR][/URL].

PSMINI will have an information booth stocked with handouts, water and snacks. This is a great opportunity to share your enthusiasm of all things MINI and recruit potential new members, and we are looking for volunteers to help man the booth. If you can offer at least 2 hours of your time at the information booth we will provide your car corral pass free of charge. We have 6 passes available and for those slots not filled by volunteers before July 3rd we will be selling them at the listed $30 rate. These car corral passes are your ticket into the main showing area as an exhibitor (see more info below). Please contact Ashley at vicepresident@psmini.org if interested in helping out.

Not only will you get to listen to the sweet sound of revving engines, but you will have the opportunity to show off your own awesome ride in the car corral! There will be an informal judging event judged by children on their favorite cars, so start thinking of a creative display. The cost of car corral passes for those showing their cars is $30 per car/driver (payment to PSMINI via paypal or by cash by or on July 5th) Please contact Ashley at the above email and she will get you squared away. General admission for guests is $25 and is available at the gate.*please note that the car corral pass is only good for Saturday, and not all three days of the event.

What could be better than a day at the races while people oogle over your car? Driving your car ON the track! And you will do just that if you are a car corral pass holder. Corral cars will be allowed parade laps on the track during lunch (at safe driving speeds) to really show your MINI off to the crowds (so if you were pondering that exhaust upgrade now is the time to do it ;) )

As a special bonus attraction, for those of you who know (and those who have yet to, and should, meet!) PSMINI's own Martin Wild (Wildfamily), he will be racing with Pro3 Racing at this event representing his BadS Racing team!

We look forward to seeing you out at the vintage races!

What to Bring:

Water
Snacks
Sunscreen/sunglasses
Dress for the weather! If we luck out on a nice day, it can get very hot at Pacific Raceways and there is not much shade.
A clean MINI/or not clean MINI, really up to you!

Edited by shasti212 - June/30/14 at 2:43pm
R.I.P.: "Zippy"-Hyper Blue Metallic/White 2005 R50."MINI-ME" plates. Side wing decals.

"Luna" - White Silver 2014 Roadster S. "RDSTER" plates.

"Aura" - Space Blue/Silver 2006 Cooper S.
FunSizeDriver View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FunSizeDriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/19/14 at 11:00pm
Interested in this one.  Isn't the 4th of july run this weekend too though?
09' Chocolate MINI Clubman
shasti212 View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Vice President

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shasti212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/20/14 at 7:11am
Yes, this is the same weekend. If you cant make the run please come out for some races!
R.I.P.: "Zippy"-Hyper Blue Metallic/White 2005 R50."MINI-ME" plates. Side wing decals.

Wildfamily View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/20/14 at 7:31am
Definitely come out and watch the racing and the amazing cars that will be on track all weekend long (Fri-Sun). There are already over 164 entries for the Historics including everything from a Morris Minor pickup truck to an Ferrari 250 and everything in between. Additionally, the PRO3 group I race with (race prepared BMW E30) have been invited to race at this event this year as a special run group. We will have 38+ cars taking the green flag and will provide some spectacular door to door racing in this competetive class. So come out and enjoy the racing and the sun and be sure and stop by my spot in the paddock and say hello!

'15 F55 Cooper Volcanic Orange
'80 Mini English White
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/20/14 at 7:43am
Attatched you find the preliminary weekend race schedule, current entry list and the PRO3 Spotters Guide:

'80 Mini English White
shasti212 View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Vice President

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shasti212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/20/14 at 9:13am
This just in , Groupon is offering general admission tickets at $15 (a $25 value) for this event! However, this is not for the car corral, so if you still want to show off your car please still come talk to me :)

shasti212 View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Vice President

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shasti212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/25/14 at 2:48pm
The weather is lookin like it will be beautiful for this event, if you will be in the area that day and would like a FREE ticket please contact me by PM or vicepresident@psmini.org!

PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/30/14 at 12:09pm
For those of you who can't make it out on Saturday or Sunday due to all of the weekend events keep in mind that we have a full day of racing on Friday the 4th as well. Hope to see some MINI peeps out there. If so stop by my paddock space and hangout! here is the updated race schedule for Fri-Sun. I'm racing in Group 8 (Friday at 10 and 1:45). Lots of great vintage racing to be seen!
'80 Mini English White
shasti212 View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Vice President

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shasti212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/30/14 at 2:33pm
If you are interested in obtaining a FREE car corral pass and can help ouy at the booth, please let me know!

If you cannot donate any of your time, PSMINI will now offer car corral tickets at 50% off!! That brings your total to $15, which is a steal! Email me at vicepresident@psmini.org or send me a PM!

MicheleG74 View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MicheleG74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/30/14 at 5:48pm
We attended the Sovren Historic Races last year--it's fantastic!  We'll be there again this year, but unfortunately, I didn't know about the club's involvement before I bought tickets.   We will swing by the car corral to see everyone.  Way to represent! 
Michele & Kevin
"Enzo": 2007 R56 S ~ Dark Silver Metallic ~ JCW Exhaust / Strut Brace / Tuning / Carbon Fiber Upgrades
 Post Reply Post Reply