Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Site Information and Feedback > Archived Forum Topics > NW Harvest MINI v. PORSCHE 2011 Challenge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

THE RESULTS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer
PSMINI Nonmember

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Boomer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: THE RESULTS
    Posted: December/03/11 at 4:45pm
MINI & PORSCHE OWNERS ROCK!!!!!!!
The second annual MINI vs Porsche Challenge is over and I think everyone needs to put their hands together and applaud each other for this extradordinary act of generosity toward our community.
Let's look at MINI results that came from non MINI owners, businesses, and MINI owners:
40 MINI's participated in this event (up from 35 last year)
25 PEOPLE DONATED cash and/or checks that were presented to NW Harvest totaling $3,735.00 which includes $550.00 in Employer Matching Contributions. This is up from last year but last year when we had a single contribution of $1000.00 from a Mini owner that wasn't present this year. PRETTY FANTASTIC IF YOU ASK ME!
MINI food contributions filled 4 HUGE BINS for an estimated 3200 lbs. of food. (each bins holds about 800 lbs.per NW Harvest)

Now let's look at Porsche:

88 Porsche's participated in this event (up from 65 last year)

Don't have access to the number of people that donated cash or checks but the total was $5,775.00 including a Porsche Club Check for $2,500.00. WOW- THE PORSCHE CLUB REALLY STEPPED UP AND PUT THEIR SIZE AND STRENGTH TO WORK FOR OUR COMMUNITY!

Porsche food contributions filled 4 HUGE BINS for an estimated 3200 lbs. of food.

So between the two Marques here's the final tally:

128 cars donating $9,510.00 and 6400 lbs. of food!

CAN YOU SAY JOB WELL DONE!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, this is amazing!!!!!

Per Linda, we are in next year and Larry Nelson said the Porsche Club has it on their calender already. It's the 1st Sat. in Dec.

Larry and I have some thoughts that we hope to share with everyone during 2012. We also hope to invite some other MARQUES to join in the fun and number one on the list is the BMW CLUB.

We hope to make it more exciting and more fun and it could evolve into a seperate and dedicated venue for participating car clubs.

Personally, I like to thank everyone that helped make this happen. Linda, Kurt, Pat, Brenda and everyone AT SEATTLE MINI plus the good people at the PORSCHE CLUB, Larry & Sherrel Nelson and Bill Bauer and the PCA Board for getting behind this Food Drive.

Cheers! 

07 MCS, JIC Cross C/O, JCW BBK, Milltek exhaust, RR DP, Helix I/C, RMW tune (208.5 WHP & 238.3 WTQ)Ray's (17 lbs) and Nitto NT01 for track duty
Hapa Haole View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past Events Officer)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hapa Haole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/03/11 at 5:41pm
Yay!!! That is so AWESOME!! Thanks for putting this challenge on Greg and Larry. Thumbs Up Big smile WooHooClap

Have you seen this feedback thread from today’s event yet?http://www.psmini.org/forum/2011-mini-porsche-nw-harvest-challenge_topic8601.html
Brenda w/LUV2MTR plates- Aug '06 S, Hyper Blue, white top/sport stripes, chrome in/out, all pkgs, English leather, chrono pack, HK stereo, Jan tune, CAI, 15%, H&R coilovers, rear sway bar, control arm
SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/03/11 at 6:01pm
NW Harvest was the winner once again! 

It is a good thing that this happensBig smile
I wish there was a local MINI Dealership, like our Honda, Subaru, Mazada and VW.
CINIMIN View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CINIMIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/03/11 at 6:23pm
Yep - and it happens because people like Greg and Larry (MINI and Porsche) do he background work to make it happen.  Of coure the whole NW Harvest is a volunteer driven operation and LOTS of people are required to contribute time and effort and to all of those people we offer our appreciation and grattitude.
Jack -

<font color=RED>CINIMIN [/COLOR]

2006 CR/W MCS - 6spd - LSD -15% Pulley - Dinan CAI
ASA JH6's Koni FSD's 22mm Bar
Have you hugged a curve today?

catlvr2 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past Comm Officer)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catlvr2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/03/11 at 7:00pm
Great job, everyone!
Leanne

2012 Hot Choc. S; "CATLVR" plates

Gone but not forgotten:
Bad Kitty 2010 hot choc. cabrio
2008 oxy. blue cooper
2005 chili red cooper
onramp View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onramp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/03/11 at 8:08pm
Just an FYI - one of the reasons the Porsche Club can put up the $2500 (and I note that without that, we would have had the bigger number) is that so many Mini track junkies attend all of the DE days put on by the PCA...
2006 Hyper Blue JCW
johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/03/11 at 10:13pm
Way to go everyone, didn't we dubble what we did last year? Great Job Greg and all thoughts that helped pull this off.
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/03/11 at 10:57pm
Originally posted by onramp onramp wrote:

Just an FYI - one of the reasons the Porsche Club can put up the $2500 (and I note that without that, we would have had the bigger number) is that so many Mini track junkies attend all of the DE days put on by the PCA...

Yeah, what Pat said! I was thinking it but didn't have the guts to say it :-) 

Boomer View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer
PSMINI Nonmember

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boomer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/04/11 at 6:59am
NO QUESTION ABOUT IT. POUND FOR POUND MINI RULES!!!

Think about it, they had twice the number of cars, a check for $2,500.00 and we were right there with them.

Pat, many thanks for getting some of the guys from SS MINI to support this event. It's really goes beyond car clubs or what you drive--------------------IT'S ALL ABOUT CHARITY and in this case NW HARVEST!!!

Consider myself awfully LUCKY to associate with people willing to STEP UP for their community!

Cheers!
07 MCS, JIC Cross C/O, JCW BBK, Milltek exhaust, RR DP, Helix I/C, RMW tune (208.5 WHP & 238.3 WTQ)Ray's (17 lbs) and Nitto NT01 for track duty
kiwi View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/04/11 at 9:46pm
Great job everyone, Im glad we could all help out, next year I will set up bins at some of the stores I work at and get the employees to help fill the mini.
CINIMIN View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CINIMIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/04/11 at 10:13pm
Not too soon to start planning for next year !!!
Jack -

Vader View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/07/11 at 10:40am
BowDown  AWESOME! BowDown
Hit the Road Jack ...
'13 R56 PepperWhite-HIS
'13 R60 All4 Oxford Green - HERS
'80 Rover Mini MkVII-EngWh-OURS (really mine!)
('13 R56 IcedChoc-SONS)
Boomer View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer
PSMINI Nonmember

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boomer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/09/11 at 1:06pm
Just received the final tally of ALL THE FOOD donated via this event.

MINI RULES! Here's the email from Catherine @ NW Harvest:

Subject: Home Team Harvest Results
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2011 10:55:31 -0800

<

Hi Greg and Larry,

It sounded like you knew the final totals from Saturday’s event but I just received the totals from the individual clubs and I wanted to pass them along in case you did not have them.

Mini brought in 2,939 pounds of food. Porsche brought in 3,481 pounds of food. This totals 6,420 pounds of food. Looking at just the food you brought in, you helped provide 4,938 meals for hungry people in Washington. That’s incredible!

Thank you so much for everything that you did to make this huge donation happen. You both have been really great to work with. I cannot wait until next year!

Please let me know if you have any questions or would like anything else from us!

Catherine McAuliffe | Food Drive Coordinator
p 206-923-7421 | f 206-286-8205
catherinem@northwestharvest.org |
www.northwestharvest.org

Description: Description: http://www.northwestharvest.org/graphics/stories.gif Description: Description: http://www.northwestharvest.org/graphics/twitter.gif Description: Description: http://www.northwestharvest.org/graphics/facebook.gif

It only took Porsche twice the number of cars to beat the total weight of the food MINI'S donatedShocked.

Sincerely, THANK YOU ALL!

What a great bunch of people. Couldn't ask to be associated with a better group of people!

Cheers!

CINIMIN View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CINIMIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/09/11 at 5:24pm
What a great event to be part of - have to proud of both clubs.  BowDown
Jack -

Genie B View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genie B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/09/11 at 7:56pm
It's really very cool that we have this competitive comraderie going with the Porsche group. Bottom line is we're all from the same mold: car lovers, and in showing our spirit we're doing something for a great cause at the same time. Good show, everyone!

Post Reply Post Reply