Forum Home Forum Home > Autocross and Racing > Performance Driving/Track Days
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Video - Test & Tune at The Ridge

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Video - Test & Tune at The Ridge
    Posted: June/19/12 at 7:42am

I finally got out to The Ridge Motorsports Park last weekend for an IRDC Test & Tune. It really is an amazing track and flows so well. Just a joy to drive. It was the first time the IRDC has held a combined test & tune, racing school and lapping day combined. It went really smoothly. I ran in the Closed Wheel T&T for race cars so we had open passing (they also had a open wheel T&T). Also got a chance to be an instructor for the IRDC racing school which was fun as well (in a modified Acura RSX). Anyway I posted a link to some video of me playing a little lead/follow with a fellow PRO3 racer (Fred Wright). Roof mounted GOPro gives a nice perspective.
'15 F55 Cooper Volcanic Orange
'80 Mini English White
Saphire View Drop Down
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Skilled Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saphire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/19/12 at 5:42pm
That was great Martin, thank you.   It looked like the descending curves leading to the main straight would be a hoot.   Are you and Fred in the same class?  It looked like he could pull you on the straights and you could catch him braking and in the corners.  Now must go back and watch the other videos you have posted!   Les.
Wildfamily View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/19/12 at 8:21pm
Hi Les,

Yes, the carousel decent is quite fun but I actually enjoy the up hill through T1-T4 even more. Foot down and come up over the rist at T3 and the car gets light as you point it to the next turn. The whole track is really quite amazing the way it flows. Fred is also a PRO3 driver (same class) and had much more time on the track (he runs the racing school at The Ridge), so I think he was able to get on the gas a little sooner out of the corners since he's more comfortable with the track. Also his motor is much "fresher" than mine...mines still the original motor with 230K plus miles on it. :)
'80 Mini English White
onramp View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onramp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/20/12 at 7:04pm
Very cool, buddy.  Thanks for posting the video.  Amazing how "dry" the track stays in the rain!  Pat
2006 Hyper Blue JCW
CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/21/12 at 8:57pm
Great video. I'll be heading back out there July 6/7!
Wildfamily View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/22/12 at 7:52am
Originally posted by onramp onramp wrote:

Very cool, buddy.  Thanks for posting the video.  Amazing how "dry" the track stays in the rain!  Pat
It has great grip Pat. Word from the race crowd is that it loves worn out race tires. Guys are seeing their fastest times on nearly corded tires. A budget racers dream! LOL
'80 Mini English White
Island Maser View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Island Maser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/01/12 at 7:28pm
Kurt what is up on the 6th and 7th at the Ridge? Just ran there Sat. and loved it. Want to run there with my sticky tires on a warm day.
2011 JCW Hardtop. Midnight Black, Black Wheels and Murdered out,Flat Black Viper stripes with 1/4" red Pin on the outsides. Front and Rear Red Tow Hooks, - Name BlackJack
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Island Maser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/01/12 at 7:30pm
Ran there with Bill from Portland with his R53. Was all PDX people for the HOD Event.
2011 JCW Hardtop. Midnight Black, Black Wheels and Murdered out,Flat Black Viper stripes with 1/4" red Pin on the outsides. Front and Rear Red Tow Hooks, - Name BlackJack
CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/01/12 at 7:45pm
Hi. 6th is Turn 2 and 7th is the Porsche club. I will be there on both days. Crossing my fingers for sun after all this rainy weather. 

MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Island Maser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/02/12 at 5:50am
What is turn 2? Do you have a link?
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Island Maser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/02/12 at 10:37am
I found it and I am signed up. See you Friday Kurt. Weather looks good. Looking forward to running with the sticky tires.
 Post Reply Post Reply