Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Dealer Discussions > Warranty Issues and Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Warranty Expiring

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheetah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Warranty Expiring
    Posted: October/13/09 at 1:52am
Hi Everyone,

Just got an email that Cheetah's warranty is due to expire. Any pros or con to extend her 2005 warranty?

Sanaye
Sanaye

05/MC/Gold, cold weather package, fog lights, Lights in Site, heated seats, leather car bra and Cheetah interiors.
Zippy View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zippy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/13/09 at 9:21pm
Is the extension offered by BMW or by a third party?
Third party warranties can be good or bad. It depends on you situation and the company's policies. Third party warranty companies are like the check cashing money stores of insurance. They are there to make money so know the details before signing on the line.
06 MCS Royal Gray, MINI Fini Sportlink - Mostly Harmless
johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/14/09 at 9:11am
I never got a letter , but just got off the phone and I guess it will be Mini and not a 3rd party. They well contact me tomarrow with more info.
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

Zippy View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zippy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/14/09 at 9:11pm
I would be interested in hearing what MINI/BMW has to offer. I know the big thing to look for coverage on is the transmission.
06 MCS Royal Gray, MINI Fini Sportlink - Mostly Harmless
cheetah View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheetah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/15/09 at 3:04am
Hi Guys,

Duh thought I had saved the email sent but can't find it. My memory recalls it was sent by a lady rep at  NW Mini. And it will expire this month.

Thanks John & Zippy.

Sanaye
Sanaye

05/MC/Gold, cold weather package, fog lights, Lights in Site, heated seats, leather car bra and Cheetah interiors.
cheetah View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheetah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/25/09 at 6:41am
Howdy Guys,

Just got a "final coverage notice" card from Administrative Office Extended Coverage Division with an 866 phone number. I'm really unsure whether NW Mini or third party is sending this reminder.  John did you hear back from NW Mini???  If not I might give Seattle Mini a call and see what they might suggest.

Sanaye
Sanaye

johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/25/09 at 7:35am
Yes, sorry I have not posted anything, I talked with Pam at Seattle. May understanding is that the cars before 07 all go to a third party called EasyCarehttp://www.easycare.com/. I can't give you numbers because my car was over on its milage.

CosmicTraveler View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CosmicTraveler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/26/09 at 12:19am
Originally posted by johnf36 johnf36 wrote:

... because my car was over on its milage.

Common issue with MINI owners.  LOL

My 3rd party extended warranty expired last month, and I did not renew.

If you can afford the premium, you might consider becoming self-insured.  Same thing with insurance deductibles.  Raise them high and put the premium savings in the bank.  Sure it's a gamble, but are you going to wreck your MINI at the same time the trasnmission bites the dust, and all your TV's and appliances shoot craps?  It is something to pencil.
   Take It Easy ... Buck

'06 MCS JCW CR/CR
johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/26/09 at 2:57am
Everthing in my house is already covered Wink

cheetah View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheetah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/07/09 at 1:31am
Thanks. I decided not to renew. Wasn't comfortable the reminder mailers I received and with Seattle Mini closeby I can get Cheetah's in allot quicker and closer. 

Sanaye
Sanaye

Post Reply Post Reply